Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? If it doesn't belong to you, and you take it without permission from the owner, you've stolen it. Period.

i wish we could go away from this narrative: they were in a long-term relationship. They BOTH worked on the van. They BOTH put money and sweat into it because they lived together and (IM ASSUMING) pooled resources like almost every other couple does, especially when you’re young and broke. They BOTH drove it. They BOTH lived in it. This isn’t a casual friendship where he stole the keys and took off. My husband and I have cars in each of our names but they’re OUR cars. We’d never say “don’t drive my car, it’s mine.” We are so hyper focused on him stealing her car when it’s clear it was theirs; regardless of the title.

I'm not sure it will, regardless of evidence.

From what I am taking away from BL's personality, this was most likely a crime of passion, committed in the heat of the moment. MOO
We don't have very much information.
we do know it's a homicide, however fast or slowly it happened and regardless of the mindset.
If evidence of her murderer is has been located at the find site, it doesn't matter a damn what the murderer's mindset was before he or she did the heinous crime.

Swamp buggy leaving the search site at Carlton Reserve. I asked the spokesperson for the North Port PD if they’ll be halting ground search efforts at night fall again and he said “Yes. Back tomorrow.” @mysuncoast
View attachment 314124
https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1440803422261813249?s=21

One does have to wonder how long they continue this....
I hope he is found. However, at some point resources will indeed be scaled back unless they are finding signs he is actively moving around within the reserve. JMO

IMO, he killed her right after this. This was the day Gabby had enough of his bullying, misogynist behavior. IMO, watching him verbally attack these women triggered something in her. The fact that she went back in to apologize for his behavior? And he knew she was ashamed of him?

That would do it.

MOO.
It seems his behavior was escalating on this trip. Things were escalating. Anyone agree?
Also, I wanted to point out that according to an article by a previous poster, something stuck out to me as a domestic violence red flag. Quote:
"I never got the chance to meet him," Passannante chimed in. "They moved to Florida pretty early in their relationship and we're in Long Island and unfortunately we never got to know a lot. But from what she says and what she posts, they seem to be pretty in love."
In other words - he isolated her quickly, got her away from her family and friends and under his roof.

I can only speak for the West Coast, but my family have proven that it's possible to go from driving 5-6 hours/day to driving 10-11 hours/day and still getting somewhere at a reasonable hour. Even doing 12 hours one way, then back the next day if you time your stops right, and be judicious about restroom and food breaks.

I've done it. I used to drive home to see family when I was in college. Twelve hours straight through with timed stops. I did it several times. Exhausting, but doable.

Two people with a history of DV visit Bridger-Teton. Their van is captured on video. One of those two is found murdered 200m from the van. The other doesn't call for help, report an accident, or report his love missing. He drives home and refuses to talk to LE and then disappears. Looks like consciousness of guilt evidence to me.

I'm not seeing the lack of evidence here. And this is without seeing any of the forensic evidence or knowing the cause of death (which will probably be something that points to intimate partner violence like strangling or stabbing). I'm sure if BL is found alive his attorney will try to say BigFoot must have come and killed Gabby and BL went into an amnesic fugue.

But juries need reasonable doubt, not any possible theoretical doubt.

I think the defense would be, he went off on his own, came back, she was dead, he panicked. If there is nothing that connect him to how she died it will be very hard to prove “without a doubt.”

i wish we could go away from this narrative: they were in a long-term relationship. They BOTH worked on the van. They BOTH put money and sweat into it because they lived together and (IM ASSUMING) pooled resources like almost every other couple does, especially when you’re young and broke. They BOTH drove it. They BOTH lived in it. This isn’t a casual friendship where he stole the keys and took off. My husband and I have cars in each of our names but they’re OUR cars. We’d never say “don’t drive my car, it’s mine.” We are so hyper focused on him stealing her car when it’s clear it was theirs; regardless of the title.
Almost ALL reports state the vehicle belonged to Gabby, not Brian,
Gabby sold her car to buy it. She saw it as a business expense when she had hopes and dreams of a great roadshow.

Guys you don't have announce that someone is a murder suspect for them to be a murder suspect. At this point I think it is clear that LE wants to put their hands on BL. I have 0 doubt that he will be arrested for murder as soon as they touch him.

Absolutely nothing in the world would change if they announce he is the suspect in this murder. Like there's no change in status, change in resources. It could just antagonize him if he is in fact alive somewhere. So I don't see why they would do that rather than focus on finding him alive if possible.

That doesn’t mean you murdered someone.

It is possible she let him drive the van. She was not comfortable driving it. So if they split up, makes sense he takes it back to FL. Though, seriously, one would think she would have called a parent or friend to come get her
But the fact of matter is that he was driving van most of time snd there is no evidence that she did NOT give him use of it.

Two people with a history of DV visit Bridger-Teton. Their van is captured on video. One of those two is found murdered 200m from the van. The other doesn't call for help, report an accident, or report his love missing. He drives home and refuses to talk to LE and then disappears. Looks like consciousness of guilt evidence to me.

I'm not seeing the lack of evidence here. And this is without seeing any of the forensic evidence or knowing the cause of death (which will probably be something that points to intimate partner violence like strangling or stabbing). I'm sure if BL is found alive his attorney will try to say BigFoot must have come and killed Gabby and BL went into an amnesic fugue.

I think the defense would be, he went off on his own, came back, she was dead, he panicked. If there is nothing that connect him to how she died it will be very hard to prove “without a doubt.”

I agree.

That doesn’t mean you murdered someone.

I was responding to this part of your comment: "The whole he stole the van theory .. they were engaged. She didn’t even like to drive it."

(Nevermind that the status of any engagement is unknown). If he took the vehicle without permission from the owner, he stole it. End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong