Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the hits on the Bobcat, and a brand new bucket/blade, how was it not involved????

Did Barry string up the tape himself? Nothing to see here....

I wonder about the timing of the mechanical thing he did, if he misremembered it as at 4 pm, not 2.

Or April.

Because that would be a significant mismemory.

Kind of suspicious if he tried to put a lot of distance between that mechanical thing and Suzanne's disappearance.

Need to know: was MG operating HIS Bobcat that morning?

Did Barry have time to dig a big hole on Saturday morning? At Tailwinds. Necessitating repair perhaps? And later all he would have to do is hand shovel it and plop in a tree.

If Barry used his Bobcat like I think he did, he must be feeling pretty okay with having gotten away.... with murder. Yes, charges still pending but somehow the Bobcat has been exonerated.
And I'm not ready to put it to bed. I hope LE isn't either.

By the way, if Barry hadn't showered 4 times like I think he did, dogs might've alerted ON HIM.

Please, LE, don't let up on Barry and don't give up on the Bobcat.

Leave no stone unturned. Especially any uninspired clusters of them.

JMO

Am following this case..and noticed this in the AA. (image attached) page 127 of the AA

9/5/2020 12:06:06 am BM's phone goes into airplane mode.
It goes off at 6:46:59 9/5/2020. Why would he put his phone in airplane mode so late? He was working that morning with MG. Wonder if he was doing something after midnight..planning/preparing where to bury SM? When did MG say it looked like BM had had the worst night of his life?

Attachments

• aabarryairmode.jpg
    aabarryairmode.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 27
I was trying to keep up with the threads and not sure if this was mentioned here but I was reading the AA and pg 34 on May 9th in the morning, it was Suzanne who texted Barry “Want to Hike?” “Wanna meet to hike?” And Barry responds “No. I’ll come home.” But I believe during the preliminary hearing the tweets said it was Barry who sent the text that he wanted to hike. Which I personally thought was odd that HE wanted to hike. We all thought that he wanted to kill Suzanne during the hike and had cold feet.

Yes..i noticed that. There was a reply text (in the PH) SM asking ''where?''.Sure seems weird that SM would want to go hiking with BM. Quite confusing when she had been looking at properties for sale..for herself.. the previous night. Wonder if BM had possibly made a suggestion to go hiking the night before?..part of his plan?

Last edited:
With the hits on the Bobcat, and a brand new bucket/blade, how was it not involved????

Did Barry string up the tape himself? Nothing to see here....

I wonder about the timing of the mechanical thing he did, if he misremembered it as at 4 pm, not 2.

Or April.

Because that would be a significant mismemory.

Kind of suspicious if he tried to put a lot of distance between that mechanical thing and Suzanne's disappearance.

Need to know: was MG operating HIS Bobcat that morning?

Did Barry have time to dig a big hole on Saturday morning? At Tailwinds. Necessitating repair perhaps? And later all he would have to do is hand shovel it and plop in a tree.

If Barry used his Bobcat like I think he did, he must be feeling pretty okay with having gotten away.... with murder. Yes, charges still pending but somehow the Bobcat has been exonerated.
And I'm not ready to put it to bed. I hope LE isn't either.

By the way, if Barry hadn't showered 4 times like I think he did, dogs might've alerted ON HIM.

Please, LE, don't let up on Barry and don't give up on the Bobcat.

Leave no stone unturned. Especially any uninspired clusters of them.

JMO

After reading the AA, I've been trying to figure out how the bobcat hits fit in. Here's my guess...possibly the body was in the bobcat briefly at one point (maybe it was part of BM's initial plan). I think this was premeditated well in advance -months even). Possibly...his original plan was to use the bobcat to dump the body in a hole he had dug well before Mother's Day weekend. A sequestered deep hole he could dig at his leisure a little at a time over the course of weeks or months, without anyone noticing. He knew the daughters would be away for Mother's Day weekend and he planned this all in advance.

But, possibly, something happened to throw off BM's plans that night. He darts her, chases her, maybe SM fights back too much. Whatever it was, BM has to rapidly adjust his plan. Freaks out even, multiple frantic trips opening and closing truck doors, gathering incriminating evidence to dispose of, etc. So he removes the body from the bobcat and...?...puts it in his truck? another vehicle? Did the "girlfriend" SD help? Did he use burner phone (now missing) that night to call someone for help?

This is all conjecture and opinion.

Am following this case..and noticed this in the AA. (image attached) page 127 of the AA

9/5/2020 12:06:06 am BM's phone goes into airplane mode.
It goes off at 6:46:59 9/5/2020. Why would he put his phone in airplane mode so late? He was working that morning with MG. Wonder if he was doing something after midnight..planning/preparing where to bury SM? When did MG say it looked like BM had had the worst night of his life?

I wonder if he did that when he didn't want to be bothered? He had an older iphone I think a 4 or a 5 if I recall from the AA. I can't recall if they had that handy silence button on them or he didn't know how to use it which is more likely. Or if he could have turned off location services...I'm a few generations away form that phone now so don't remember. I've been really puzzled by what investigators are calling "airplane mode" and off and on and exactly what the data they have is "saying". Also I'm wondering what data looks like when they don't get a cell tower. When that happens to my phone texts don't come in until I have service, no phone calls, and so on but I wonder what the data that is being analyzed "tells" or "explains".

I wonder if he did that when he didn't want to be bothered? He had an older iphone I think a 4 or a 5 if I recall from the AA. I can't recall if they had that handy silence button on them or he didn't know how to use it which is more likely. Or if he could have turned off location services...I'm a few generations away form that phone now so don't remember. I've been really puzzled by what investigators are calling "airplane mode" and off and on and exactly what the data they have is "saying". Also I'm wondering what data looks like when they don't get a cell tower. When that happens to my phone texts don't come in until I have service, no phone calls, and so on but I wonder what the data that is being analyzed "tells" or "explains".

He told the FBI agent he goes to sleep early and wakes up early (will try to find it in the AA). Who would call him after midnight? Only an emergency call would happen at that time of night. So..no i don't see any reason for him to put his phone into airplane mode.

Regarding the involvement of the Bobcat in SM's disappearance, the following caught my eye last night:

(Bobcat SIM removal)

On May 28, 2020, Deputy Randy Carricato with the assistance of FBI SA David Donati removed the SIM
card (Subscriber Identity Module) from the Cal/Amp device. This is the device Agent Graham learned
about that Barry had on his Bobcat Skid Steer. This device utilizes Verizonconnect services and is a GPS
tracking device. SA Hoyland spoke with SA Donati and requested a search warrant be applied for to
obtain what data this SIM card may contain. At present, Barry's use of the Bobcat does not appear to be
connected to Suzanne's disappearance.

RBBM

I believe the red-bolded text speaks volumes in this case.

JMVHO.

(The above paragraph is from Page 41 of the 129-page AA.)

After reading the AA, I've been trying to figure out how the bobcat hits fit in. Here's my guess...possibly the body was in the bobcat briefly at one point (maybe it was part of BM's initial plan). I think this was premeditated well in advance -months even). Possibly...his original plan was to use the bobcat to dump the body in a hole he had dug well before Mother's Day weekend. A sequestered deep hole he could dig at his leisure a little at a time over the course of weeks or months, without anyone noticing. He knew the daughters would be away for Mother's Day weekend and he planned this all in advance.

But, possibly, something happened to throw off BM's plans that night. He darts her, chases her, maybe SM fights back too much. Whatever it was, BM has to rapidly adjust his plan. Freaks out even, multiple frantic trips opening and closing truck doors, gathering incriminating evidence to dispose of, etc. So he removes the body from the bobcat and...?...puts it in his truck? another vehicle? Did the "girlfriend" SD help? Did he use burner phone (now missing) that night to call someone for help?

This is all conjecture and opinion.

I believe the bobcat was used..somehow. Burner phone too.
Did you notice there were no phone calls on BM'S phone between SM and BM from February 7 until May 4
page 34 of the AA

Attachments

• aa bm sm call feb 2020.jpg
    aa bm sm call feb 2020.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 19
I believe the bobcat was used..somehow. Burner phone too.
Did you notice there were no phone calls on BM'S phone between SM and BM from February 7 until May 4
page 34 of the AA
Re: no phone calls. Please explain what you think the implication of this or the time frame is. I must not be the sharpest tack because I am unable to extrapolate to anything, nefarious or otherwise.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
MG was with BM from 6am-ish until Barry called it a day. Barry picked her up and dropped her off at the Anytime Fitness in Poncha Springs, it's in the AA.

Yet on some other occasion/time BM said that he did not want MG in his car because she is a smoker.

Which is it BM? Is MG welcome in your car or not? ;)

I will have to go back & find whereabouts I read that in the AA

I found the MG "not welcome" in BM's vehicle reference in the AA: (AA: page 23):

When Agents asked Barry why he did not pick up Morgan Gentile, as agreed, on Sunday for the ride to Broomfield, he stated: "I didn't want her to ride with me because she smokes," and, "I told her I wanted her to drive her car," and, "She was just gonna follow me."

So on the Saturday MG was welcome in his truck ... twice - to be picked up & dropped off, but on Sunday she was not.

Thank you to whoever posted the link to the searchable AA, that's brilliant!

He told the FBI agent he goes to sleep early and wakes up early (will try to find it in the AA). Who would call him after midnight? Only an emergency call would happen at that time of night. So..no i don't see any reason for him to put his phone into airplane mode.

If you are having an affair the lover might ring you at odd times, like rather late in the night

IMO

Re: no phone calls. Please explain what you think the implication of this or the time frame is. I must not be the sharpest tack because I am unable to extrapolate to anything, nefarious or otherwise.

Thank you.

No phone calls between a husband and wife for 3 months. BM did not call SM and SM did not call BM either. No calls from 7 February 2020 until May 4 2020. That seems unusual imo..even for a deteriorating marriage. We don't know about the frequency of calls to each other over the previous 6 months. The AA did state about BM's online searches (*advertiser censored* site/yt/''cute girls in Salida'') end of January 2020. (just tried to find the dates in the AA..don't have search ability.)So perhaps BM was distracted with a female/females?

SM received the spy pen from SO in February 2020..suspected BM.

I found the MG "not welcome" in BM's vehicle reference in the AA: (AA: page 23):

When Agents asked Barry why he did not pick up Morgan Gentile, as agreed, on Sunday for the ride to Broomfield, he stated: "I didn't want her to ride with me because she smokes," and, "I told her I wanted her to drive her car," and, "She was just gonna follow me."

So on the Saturday MG was welcome in his truck ... twice - to be picked up & dropped off, but on Sunday she was not.

Thank you to whoever posted the link to the searchable AA, that's brilliant!
Could you tell me where to find that link please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod