Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

This is so strange. Do we know anything about this young lady?

<modsnip> Hasn't the school year started already? Tampa to Myrtle Beach is an 8 hour drive...not just a simple weekend jaunt. And if she was supposedly going to see her father, why didn't she? Was her primary purpose to meet someone else?

Did she live with her mom? That's my impression, but I'm not sure.

And where is her red Toyota Corolla??

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Mother of 21-year-old last seen in Myrtle Beach releases brief statement on daughter’s death

I found this statement strange.
She [Sheridan's mother] also noted that the case has not been closed yet and there are details that have not been confirmed. Wahl’s mother added that a full statement will be released pending more information.

And here's a bit more info:
WMBF News spoke with one of the employees of the Rent Me Superstore who confirmed that they provided surveillance video to the Myrtle Beach Police Department.

They added that they’re not certain she was at the store, but that Wahl’s father did come by on Monday to inquire about his daughter’s visit.

One of the biggest questions surrounding this investigation is how did Wahl end up 45 miles away from Myrtle Beach when she was last seen. We have asked SLED if they could provide information on her car and if it was at the scene in Florence County, but the agency could not comment.

We’ve also asked if there are any persons of interest in the case, but so far SLED is not commenting on that aspect of the investigation.

They also say the autopsy will be Friday.

Actually her body was found right off Hwy 378, not right in the town of Pamplico. Hwy 378 is part of the Google maps recommended route from Myrtle Beach to Tampa. 45 miles from her last known location; about an hour's drive.

Here's the route to the place where Sheridan's body was found:

Google Maps

I wonder if her red car has been found.

Ah, ok, thank you.

Does anyone know if her date of arrival in Myrtle Beach has been announced? I’m just curious because I can’t find anything indicating how long she was in the area prior to Sunday. I would think she must have stayed somewhere at least one night - highly doubtful she would drive up here, attempt to rent a scooter and then attempt to drive back to Tampa all in one day.

Also wondering if she was staying in a hotel and if so, was anyone captured on camera visiting her. If she was staying in a hotel, unless she had someone 25 or older with her, she probably wouldn’t have been at one of the nicer establishments because most of those don’t allow that for someone her age.

Missing Persons Report for Sheridan

ON 09/19/2021 OFFICER D. COOPER RESPONDED FOR A TELEPHONE COMPLAINT OF A MISSING PERSON.THE COMPLAINANT SAID THAT THE VICTIM CAME TO MYRTLE BEACH TO VISIT HER FATHER. THE COMP SAID THATSHE DIDN`T GO TO HER FATHER`S HOUSE. THE COMP SAID THAT SHE FACE TIMED WITH HER DAUGHTER AROUND1300 HOURS AND SHE WAS AT 303C S. OCEAN BLVD THE RENT ME SUPERSTORE. COMP. SAID THE VICTIM WASTRYING TO RENT A SCOOTER AND WAS REFUSED SINCE SHE DIDN`T HAVE ON SHOES. THE COMP SAID THAT THEVICTIM TOLD HER SHE WAS COMING HOME. COMP STATED THAT SHE TOLD THE VICTIM TO STAY THE NIGHT AND NOT TRY TO MAKE THE LONG DRIVE. THE COMP SAID THAT SHE HASN`T BEEN ABLE TO REACH HER SINCE. SHESAID WHEN SHE TRIES CALLING IT GOES STRAIGHT TO VOICE MAIL.THE COMP SAID THE VICTIM`S FATHER AND A FRIEND HAVE BEEN RIDING IN THE AREA TRYING TO FIND HER ALLDAY.INVESTIGATION IS ON GOING.

The news stories indicate her mother did not want her to return to Florida on a call around 1pm. I wonder if that was because she had just arrived that same day.
My opinion.
I have vacationed in the area many times. Unfortunate to see a pretty and young lady lose her life in the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back