Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have thoughts about the small plane circling over the reserve?
I have a thought and I could be wrong but the 3 days that the parents of Brian Laundries said through their attorney that they went on a camping trip with their son Brian, is a lie, JMO
The Laundries parents put their son in that camper and drove him either to the Mexico border or to Canada border, with being gone for 3 days the parents had time to take BL to one of the borders of the US and come home then stage BL scent in the Carlton Reserve Park, again it is just my opinion, if they hid their son for 2 weeks why not take him out of the US, Brian Laundries could walk into Mexico or Canada real easy if he was close to the borders????

EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in 25,000-acre Florida nature reserve as Gabby Petito's best friend reveals he's gone off the grid before and lived in the Appalachians by himself as search enters fifth day -Daily Mail
<snipped & BBM>
Murder suspect Brian Laundrie's weeklong disappearance into a 25,000-acre nature reserve is nothing compared to other solo trips he's taken into the wilderness – including a hike on the Appalachian trail lasting three months, DailyMail.com has learned.

'I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he's skilled at it,' said Rose Davis, best friend of Gabby Petito, whose body was found Sunday in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.

'He and Gabby both told me stories about it,' Rose added in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com. 'And you could see the enthusiasm in his voice when he would talk about his adventures by himself like that trip into the Appalachians,' a trail stretching more than 2,000 miles from Georgia to Maine.

This kind of rent-a-quote article shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Anyone can go on a big trek when there isn't a manhunt for you, and you can buy supplies along the way.

Obviously he isn't carrying 3 months food on his back. The logistics of living off the land and remaining hidden for long are obviously challenging.

I think it's more probably that the camping trip really was just a camping trip and the FBI has found a trail of gas station stops and verification from campground with witness corroboration that the three Laundries were indeed camping on labor day weekend.
Right on... I missed the facts in prior threads on the FBI finding gas station stops and campground verification with witnesses on labor day weekend...just for the records, where did they go camping?

Excellent post thank you. I agree this would be a difficult case, if he's alive to bring to trial. I stand by my opinion that they know he's in the preserve, but the longer he's in there the more likely he's dead. I simply don't believe the parents have the ability to sit across from FBI agents grilling them on their son's whereabouts and lie about a 3 day camping trip.
They would likely be with an attorney who would control the questions and answers.

MY unpopular opinion is that NO ONE should be assembling crosses on federal forest land. First of all, it's a religious symbol and secondly, they don't know for sure where she died. The appropriate thing to do is leave the forest as you find it and have a respectful memorial where the family chooses, with the people attending being family and friends. JMO

I think the cross as a memorial symbol is usually not considered as a religious endorsement, so officials could have easily erected it. I think there was a recent (past few years) SCOTUS case that determined it didn't violate the 1st Amendment.

The interesting part is when it appeared. I really don't think Brian did it prior to leaving the area or, like others have mentioned, it would have been visible from the air and would have been a big story.

Well, that doesn't sound promising. That may explain why LE said Brian could survive months in the reserve.

I thought they also said there was no drinkable water. Can the water not be filtered for drinking in that area?

There are countless amounts of portable filters and I'd assume someone who spends that much time outdoors would most definitely have one. Plus, it's been pouring in the area. Rainwater is still safer than many other options

Well, that is a twist! It's the first comment we have heard from anyone who knew BL saying he can survive. I wonder how true that is? The preserve is a very different environment than the Appalachian Trail thought IMO. If he is there and alive, he had to have planned very well.
First I would question the outdoor skills of the commenter. Likely they've never done any wilderness treks or they would know that just going on the AT with a backpack doesn't mean you have survival skills. It may just mean you have backpack skills. There is a huge difference as so many on this thread have pointed out.

I have a thought and I could be wrong but the 3 days that the parents of Brian Laundries said through their attorney that they went on a camping trip with their son Brian, is a lie, JMO
The Laundries parents put their son in that camper and drove him either to the Mexico border or to Canada border, with being gone for 3 days the parents had time to take BL to one of the borders of the US and come home then stage BL scent in the Carlton Reserve Park, again it is just my opinion, if they hid their son for 2 weeks why not take him out of the US, Brian Laundries could walk into Mexico or Canada real easy if he was close to the borders????

would you be able to lie that convincingly to FBI agents who had just stormed your home? Sometimes a camping trip really is just a camping trip. MOO

So I watched the John Walsh show last night because he promoted there would be coverage of GP’s case. Maybe some of you watched. Infuriated to have sat through 50 minutes, and only a 5 second mention of GP and a phone number. Totally ridiculous that Walsh did that. Bait and switch. Will never watch again. The show is nothing like it was in it’s heyday, and his son’s piece on the show was not that great. I don’t see his son being able to carry this show into the future. Grr.

I asked the North Port PD spokesperson this morning why they keep coming back to Carlton Reserve in the search for #BrianLaundrie… are dogs sniffing out leads? Response: “I can't speak to anything other than his parents say this is where he went. It's just such a large area.”
15462A1C-07A8-4794-958F-4B948C836B65.jpeg
https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1441057731868336129?s=21

The Merry Piglets Mexican Grill in Jackson, Wyoming, confirmed that the couple had a fight there on August 27th, and that they have spoken to the FBI about it.
The Merry Piglets Mexican Grill

Also embedded here: Witnesses: Laundrie had 'full blown' dispute in Wyoming eatery hours before Gabby Petito disappeared

The original story was from another couple who were eating there at the same time but only realized who they had seen at the restaurant weeks later after Gabby's story hit the news.

MSM Link: on Fox News Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

They confirmed the couple was there. They didn’t confirm there was an argument that I saw. They initially said they didn’t recall them being there at all, so I assume they confirmed with credit card / debit card receipts and not because the altercation was so memorable. I think the witness exaggerated some.

This kind of rent-a-quote article shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Anyone can go on a big trek when there isn't a manhunt for you, and you can buy supplies along the way.

Obviously he isn't carrying 3 months food on his back. The logistics of living off the land and remaining hidden for long are obviously challenging.

That's what I was thinking, and even if he can "live off the land," that is in probably locations known by others, too. If his parents did set him up on a camping trip, then he might have stuff stashed somewhere, but to keep going, he has to stay where they can make drops and give him supplies. If the police are not watching the parents and family, then maybe a private eye should be because he's going to need to be resupplied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member