Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll have to watch the DV video in full again but if my memory serves me correct… BL and GP both told police the fight started over BL getting the van dirty with his feet not being clean when he got in the van(?). This would assume that his actions caused her to get upset possibly yell at him about that and a physical fight then ensued when he told her to take a walk and calm down. She didn’t take a walk, but instead tried to go at BL when he locked her out of the van to put space between them. He had multiple physical wounds on him that drew blood, she said he grabbed her face, it hurt, but no marks were left (yet).

In terms of a DV incident a man or a woman can be a provoker, aggressor or victim. IMO I think GP’s emotional state did show that she had potential to provoke him by being just as physical as he was but her size and frame was no match for him.

I just don’t see a father allowing his daughter to go on a cross country trip with a guy that is or has been abusive to her. He doesn’t seem like that kind of father. Earlier reports state GP’s dad said BL was always respectful to her which seems odd for an abuser situation. IMO
Before you listen to the cop cam again, please listen to the original 911 call (before the traffic stop) where he was seen slapping and hitting her on the sidewalk. By a passerby who stopped his own car and called the police on the public violence BL was inflicting on GB.

In the body cam footage Brian seemed to indicate the attention their fight outside the cafe drew had bothered / embarrassed him. That seemed to be his primary motivation for wanting to calm her down while it was happening. If they fought, he did not want it to be so public.

He came across as “the calm guy”, a character depiction that’s been (and continues to be) a major point of contention throughout these threads, as many argued the cool collected togetherness he displayed is an act typically mastered by manipulative abusers.

Now, maybe it’s just me but THAT version of Brian, mastered act or not, greatly contradicts with the temper tantrum throwing madman narrative being touted as of late.

So which is it?

The Brian in the body cam footage who was understandably embarrassed to have had eyes on them (or as abuse claimers have put it, an aversion to being outed as an abuser) while fighting OR the “Brian” who allegedly stomps in and out of a busy restaurant in the midst of a temper tantrum (and for what?!) making a full-on public spectacle of himself?

Because given what we’ve SEEN and what we KNOW to be true it’s not conceivable for him to be both of these people in my opinion.

/JMO

Oh it most definitely is possible to be both of those people.
I won't give personal examples as the mods have asked that we keep this to Gabby's story but abusive people can flip on a DIME. From docile and humble to raging violent lunatics. It's how they manage to abuse for lengths of time. The jekll and hyde is also part of what entraps victims. They think they're nuts because everyone else says "they're so nice!"
Except, when they aren't.

Right - but how would NG and JW know the manner of death? I can't imagine the FBI sharing the information with anyone who didn't need to know... especially TV personalities. Seems odd.
Could they have meant to say they knew the manner of death? Namely, homicide -- we've all heard that (preliminary) determination.
Or did they claim to know the cause of death -- in other words, what physical thing or condition caused her death? That's what the public doesn't know yet.

What is the Difference Between Cause of Death and Manner of Death?

JMO

Thank you!! It's not as difficult as people are making it out to be.
There's a famous story about a man who just parked his car and walked into the woods and survived out there for 27 years. He had no prior skills. Granted he did so with a lot of theft but 27 YEARS of surviving and stealing before he was caught.
Its really not that difficult. You would be surprised at how fast you adapt and overcome. You can also go without food/water longer than most people believe, also. Unfortunately, there is a lot of litter and trash in the woods but you can use that stuff for survival. Most people could easily survive especially with some anxiety to push them towards survival.

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

Murder suspect Brian Laundrie's weeklong disappearance into a 25,000-acre nature reserve is nothing compared to other solo trips he's taken into the wilderness – including a hike on the Appalachian trail lasting three months, DailyMail.com has learned.

'I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he's skilled at it,' said Rose Davis, best friend of Gabby Petito, whose body was found Sunday in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.

'He and Gabby both told me stories about it,' Rose added in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com. 'And you could see the enthusiasm in his voice when he would talk about his adventures by himself like that trip into the Appalachians,' a trail stretching more than 2,000 miles from Georgia to Maine.

Gabby’s report was filed just before 7:00 pm on the 11th. I read that on the NPPD Facebook page. (I have trouble linking FB)
Right... so did LE really pay a visit on the 10th, as the OP said? If so, why did they go over to the Laundrie's house on the 10th?

I’ve always believed they set him up someplace where they don’t think he will be found, or at the very least that he took off on his own before Gabby was reported missing. I do wonder if dad is followed by either LE or a member of the press, making it risky to get supplies.

They could have traveled a long distance with the camper and set him up many miles from home, making supplies from dad more difficult. It seems like there would need to be another person involved to keep him hidden but at this point who knows.

jmo

Sorry if this is a duplicate. My Internet is wonky.

I too believe the "3 day camping trip" was them bringing supplies to wherever it is he (they?) decided he'd hide out. He left 2 days after they returned for a hike and hasn't been seen since (9/14). I say that because I believe the trip was 9/10 (Fri) - 9/12 (Sun) by going what the neighbors across the street said ("over a weekend" and "one week to a week and a half after he returned" (which was 9/1)). 9/10 is approximately a week and a half after he returned on 9/1.

Also, I woke up unable to stop thinking about the milk his dad brought home. I find that odd that that's the ONLY thing he brought home. What about multiple bags of groceries? To me, something feels off about just 1 jug of milk. I can't stop thinking that the trip his dad made was to take care of something for Brian. What? I have no clue, but it seems like being seen with milk was just an excuse to cover up his reason for leaving the house. You'd think wiring money would be traceable and they'd have to know that so doubt that's it. I also think bringing Brian more supplies can't be it either as I doubt he'd be that close to home that his dad could have taken care of it in the short length of time it took to make 'a milk run'. Use a phone to make a call? I don't think it's that either. But even though I can't put my finger on WHAT it might be... I still think it was something and the milk was just a prop.

I’ll have to watch the DV video in full again but if my memory serves me correct… BL and GP both told police the fight started over BL getting the van dirty with his feet not being clean when he got in the van(?). This would assume that his actions caused her to get upset possibly yell at him about that and a physical fight then ensued when he told her to take a walk and calm down. She didn’t take a walk, but instead tried to go at BL when he locked her out of the van to put space between them. He had multiple physical wounds on him that drew blood, she said he grabbed her face, it hurt, but no marks were left (yet).

In terms of a DV incident a man or a woman can be a provoker, aggressor or victim. IMO I think GP’s emotional state did show that she had potential to provoke him by being just as physical as he was but her size and frame was no match for him.

I just don’t see a father allowing his daughter to go on a cross country trip with a guy that is or has been abusive to her. He doesn’t seem like that kind of father. Earlier reports state GP’s dad said BL was always respectful to her which seems odd for an abuser situation. IMO
OK, so you're saying, that to LE, the situation appeared ambiguous. Plus, there was the complicating factor, that Gabby took the blame for everything at some point, even calling herself "OCD". And they both tried to present the situation as a spat between lovebirds, which didn't help. So LE was getting conflicting info and had to sort it out. And it seems that BL took advantage of her contriteness to turn the tables in his favor. I wasn't aware that he had wounds that drew blood, so there's that...

Oh it most definitely is possible to be both of those people.
I won't give personal examples as the mods have asked that we keep this to Gabby's story but abusive people can flip on a DIME. From docile and humble to raging violent lunatics. It's how they manage to abuse for lengths of time. The jekll and hyde is also part of what entraps victims. They think they're nuts because everyone else says "they're so nice!"
Except, when they aren't.

This is the truth.

Right... so did LE really pay a visit on the 10th, as the OP said? If so, why did they go over to the Laundrie's house on the 10th?
I’ve not read anything saying they were on the 10th. Only starting on the 11th. I started at the beginning on the Media Thread links to find the earliest MSM links posted about the case.

ETA: Once I verified the time of her report and the seizure of the van, I assumed the report led to the seizure.

Right - but how would NG and JW know the manner of death? I can't imagine the FBI sharing the information with anyone who didn't need to know... especially TV personalities. Seems odd.

John Walsh is far more than a TV personality. He is a pioneer in advocating for those missing and has had incredible success in working with LE to bring in people like BL. He is well connected and well respected.

JMO.

I agree. And I believe he said he took the key because he was afraid she was going to leave without him, similar to what she said.

Were they also able to get him a Covid 19 test 72 hours prior to his flight? That is currently a regulation for many airlines right now. Also, the FBI would know if he had gotten on an international flight to Europe.
Great points, especially about Europe! It's just not possible to run away that easily right now.

Even Mexico - I know someone who was planning a trip to Cancun earlier this year but they had to be tested for Covid19 before the airline would let them on. She ended up in quarantine for over a week because her boyfriend tested positive. You can't just fly into Mexico right now as many people are assuming.

Also we don't even know if BL had a passport. My son had to get one to go on a Caribbean Cruise and it took weeks to get here.

Someone in a high-profile FBI case would need a fake passport to stay hidden, even on an island. BL doesn't strike me as a mastermind enough to hide that long.

that appalachian trail is a day camp compared to that Florida swamp!

I agree even if I've never been to either place. Just the word Swamp invokes fear and danger without even knowing what kind of wildlife resides in those swamps.

The one they are presently searching seems dangerous to me. How could BL protect himself from physical attacks there. It doesn't feel like a long term plan, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77