Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karyn Aberts said she saw Laundrie and his family "in the neighborhood out in the front yard," saying it looked like "a normal ... they were going for a walk kind of thing," and that she "never thought anything about it."

Aberts told CNN outside her home that she'd watched Petito and Laundrie converting the van they eventually drove across the country. (Officials would later find that van, a white Ford, at the Laundrie home.)

"They seemed to be sitting and laughing in their car and then the van that they were working on," Aberts said, noting the last time she saw Petito was early in the summer, before the coupe left on their road trip.

Overall, Aberts described the Laundrie family as "very nice people."

"We saw them take walks as a family," she told CNN. "We saw them ride their bikes as a family and things like that."
Dive team joins search for Brian Laundrie

Not sure if this was posted.

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in 25,000-acre Florida nature reserve as Gabby Petito's best friend reveals he's gone off the grid before and lived in the Appalachians by himself: Manhunt enters fifth day

I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he's skilled at it,' said Rose Davis, best friend of Gabby Petito, whose body was found Sunday in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.

'He and Gabby both told me stories about it,' Rose added in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com. 'And you could see the enthusiasm in his voice when he would talk about his adventures by himself like that trip into the Appalachians,' a trail stretching more than 2,000 miles from Georgia to Maine.
It was discussed earlier, thanks. I think the consensus was there is a difference between living in the wilderness and hiding and evading capture in the wilderness

Just wanted to chime in regarding teaching our kids these things when we're raising them up. This is exactly why I teach my daughter that she is under no obligation to be polite to someone making her uncomfortable, even if it's just a "gut feeling". It's better safe than sorry. I've used a tagline from a podcast, "<modsnip> Politeness". This is also exactly why I taught my boys that "NO means NO, do not ask further, do not ask for reasonings, do not try to convince anyone who says no to change their mind" in regards to everything & everybody. "No" is a complete sentence. I taught them all how a healthy relationship looks, red flags, how to navigate relationship issues, how to respect boundaries, be considerate, etc. I've taught them all of this regardless of their gender because they all need to know it.

Karyn Aberts said she saw Laundrie and his family "in the neighborhood out in the front yard," saying it looked like "a normal ... they were going for a walk kind of thing," and that she "never thought anything about it."

Aberts told CNN outside her home that she'd watched Petito and Laundrie converting the van they eventually drove across the country. (Officials would later find that van, a white Ford, at the Laundrie home.)

"They seemed to be sitting and laughing in their car and then the van that they were working on," Aberts said, noting the last time she saw Petito was early in the summer, before the coupe left on their road trip.

Overall, Aberts described the Laundrie family as "very nice people."

"We saw them take walks as a family," she told CNN. "We saw them ride their bikes as a family and things like that."
Dive team joins search for Brian Laundrie

Is this the same neighbor who said she hadn't known them well and didn't know Gabby lived there because the family had just recently moved in the house again after renting out it for a while?

Looking at the video from wfla(great channel) there is a lot of tree damage, big equipment tearing through this preserve, is it? I think maybe the boys needed some training on their big toys.
I’m not trying to make light of the situation but I doubt highly this <modsnip> is in there.

also, just heard Walt Buteau (wfla) says parents cannot be charged as accessory. Obstruction maybe. This is all IMO and IF he gets charged for anything. Ha.

My son is missing.
1. Where are the parents pleading for information about his whereabouts?
2. Where is their offer of a reward or some incentive to contact LE?
3. Where are their daily updates about their last known knowledge of his whereabouts?
*crickets*

“We understand that individuals can view the same situation in very different ways, and we recognize how the death of Ms. Petito more than two weeks later in Wyoming might lead to speculation, in hindsight, about actions taken during the incident in Moab. The purpose of the City’s formal investigation is to gather the underlying facts and evidence necessary to make a thorough, informed evaluation of such actions,” according to the city.
Moab, Utah, will investigate police response to Gabby Petito and her fiancé's domestic dispute

JB on WFLA is talking about why they aren't offering a reward yet. I'm thinking maybe they have received TOO many good tips? Would the RV couple and Mexican Restaurant couple be eligible if they provided information that led to an arrest or conviction (like many rewards are phrased)? I don't know!

I think right now if any reward were to be offered, it should be for finding BL. Like where is he?
My unsolicited theory. Im going to skip speculation on her death, as no idea what happened. I lean towards unintentionally going to far/accident, only because if it was planned, I don't think he would have returned home. I think he would have fled then before anyone was suspicious, but who knows.

Because I like to think he comes from a normal, non-mastermind family this is my theory of what transpired.

He comes home and spins a story of why she is not with him. Based on him being home only a few weeks prior, I assume they knew the relationship was rocky. And they believe him cause it is their kid, why not believe him. Then the pressure mounts.

Run in with a very anxious step father on the 10th, parents decide to get a lawyer cause they think “oh crap something happened after my son left her” or “crap he did something”. pressure mounts more, Gabby reported missing, van taken away on 10th, protesters and media start coming to the house. Constant calls from Gabby’s family, media. They decide to go on a family camping trip to escape it on the 11th ( this has been confirmed as the wknd).

Or they are suspicious and think lets get him out of frenzy and get the real story. On the camping trip he confesses to what happened and they decide as a family, you have to turn yourself in. Its agreed they come back from the trip all ready to turn himself in, he chickens out and flees. They then give him a day or 2 to come to his senses, he never returns, they then call the FBI. Alert he is missing. Gabby's body is then found, and police get warrant for their house.

It is very telling that they were there inside for the search. So either the warrant was just for BL and Gabby’s things and they needed help to identify what was what, or they may have been helping. Another interesting thing is that no lawyer rocked up to the house. At this point the NY lawyer would be amiss to not recommend local and more experienced criminal defence lawyer. So a family very quick to get a lawyer, doesn’t get one for the search? I have a feeling maybe his parents are just as shocked, and upset and in disbelief and maybe just misguided at first, but actually helping LE now . I think he told his parents he would be at the reserve, and he drove the mustang there himself. Whether he is there is another matter. JMO

Autopsy clearly states it’s a homicide. Whether it was an accidental homicide or not, we don’t know. But homicide it is. Gabby did not just trip over a tree root and hit her head and die. She did not hang herself. Someone did something that killed her.

BL’s parents learned something that got them to get a lawyer involved and they held steadfast refusing to say anything, and they did things as “normal”. Something an attorney would advise in this situation. We don’t know when or why they got the lawyer and likely will never know for sure.

MOO—I do not believe BL intended to kill Gabby. So, I do not think there is anything in that house that would implicate anyone there. Also, in the event there was, they had plenty of time to dispose of it. So, they had no problems with LE searching their house. Likely, part of what they had to allow when they filed the endangered missing persons report on their son. I do believe they were and are very worried about him. I also believe they are sick about the possibility he killed him self or otherwise come to harm or death. I guess poetic justice in a sense, because Gabby’s parents were in that predicament not too long ago with their worst fears realized.

Sounded to me like there may have been some communication issues with Moab police and the state police. I read somewhere that a Chris called in the incident and someone named Chris also wrote a statement, but because it was called into one station and the written statement was given to another station, they couldn't confirm if it was the same Chris. Made me wonder if the attending officers were getting only half of the information.

• There was a 911 call from a caller who was never identified (not Chris) and disappeared into the ether.
  • There was an eyewitness named Chris, who did not call, but waited until police arrived at the Moonflower, then gave his contact info to officer Eric Pratt.
  • ofc Pratt then went to the scene of the traffic stop.
  • while GP and BL were being interviewed, ofc Pratt called Chris and got his account of what happened.
  • ofc Pratt then confirmed that his account was consistent with what GP and BL stated.
  • later, ofc Robbins went to meet Chris and get him to fill out a witness statement form.
This information is available online from the police reports and Chris's witness statement form.

Well, I'm confused because I thought it was originally saying that GP was very apologetic during the incident.
So, was she at the restaurant with him or not?

She was reported to be. I think it was the last confirmed sighting that we are aware of. He was sighted driving the van at Spread creek by the airstream blue heeler lady.

My son is missing.
1. Where are the parents pleading for information about his whereabouts?
2. Where is their offer of a reward or some incentive to contact LE?
3. Where are their daily updates about their last known knowledge of his whereabouts?
*crickets*

One would think they'd want to tell people Brian is innocent and a victim, and they are worried about him.

But as you say...Crickets.....

The threads are going too fast for me. No evidence to support this necessarily, but I was wondering about the Ft Myers to Key West shuttle boat. It's not terribly far from the area and takes about 4 hours from start to finish. That would put him 90 miles from Cuba, a country that refuses extradition.

P.S. On the Coast Guard plane, that doesn't necessarily mean anything as they have regular flyovers. [I have seen these nightly on Passagrille, about an hour north of the area they're searching.] The planes fly out of USCG Air Station Clearwater but there's also a similar air station in Miami so there may be overlap on this particular zone.

I was thinking,

Like many, the trip back to Florida for BL doesn't add up.
Heres some possibilities I have thought of..
- Having mental issues - that we don't know much about. It has been stated that he hears voices.
- Storage unit, possible. I don't think we know the real reason behind that. Could be that they are short on space in the house. No basements, etc in Florida, and the parents blew up about storage. They moved from somewhere. There is a good possibility that they downsized.
- While we have little picture of all the data. It seems like a missing time. We know nothing of BL's actions, and GP was in a hotel room for a week. A week of solitude is a lot for a 22 year old (a whole vacation for many), with no friends or family there. I would have thought there would have been a lot of contact with family and friends, and a lot of social media post. I realize that a lot of trip logs come out edited months after the trip, however, usually there are personal posting.

Here is a scenerio that I see possible
- They broke up before he left or when he returned.
- GP, and to a point BL were all in on this trip. No jobs, sold belonging, and had no other plans. This is what tied them together.
- GP plans on being a social media influencer depended on the love and adventure brand she was creating. She had probably pictured it for a while.
- They decided to finish the trip in a facade as a couple. I believe her mother stated that they were no longer engaged. If being engaged was part of the story, I can see them keeping up the charade. You get better treatment from business etc, when engagement is anounced. I remember unrequested free tabs, champaign in hotels etc.

BL's anger and differences to the social media objective were too much. IMO from the anger examples and actions, it seems like he no longer wanted any part of their adventure and directed that anger towards GP or as we have seen, wait staff or anyone.

My wife had the idea, too bad she didn't change the social media objective, in the middle. Start with the love and adventure. Turn to realism - the love and relationship failed, and turn it in to a single girl on adventure, or have the BFF be the replacement for the last half. Probably would have been a great story and followed.

MOO

Even if BL is in the swamps and prepared to stay there for 6+weeks, I don’t think he is prepared to live there. At some point, he will emerge from hiding. I do not believe he can go the rest of his life without communicating with his parents. I think LE knows this and will be waiting. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member