Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going thru old threads.... if no one likes "dog lady" why not "blue heeler lady"? Pretty sure that's what she said her dog was.

Well, NuttMegg, I'm really liking your new (isn't it?) avatar picture!! (Still chuckling!) Chomp, chomp!
-------------------​
This morning I was late, of course, to the world of online and WS. As I started reading, thinking the FBI was possibly seeking a body, I thought to myself, "I hope he is dead." And then I thought what an awful thing to say -- about anyone. I then asked for forgiveness. This is what this ~man~ has done to make me think that way, but I'm over it now. Grrrrr.
On another note, what a Great Time we would all have if we see him in handcuffs and leg chains, heavily bearded and skinny, and scared to death. (Flashback to Ted Bundy when he was caught after his first jail break...). SOON!
Let's think positive for the FBI's hard work and for all the others who have been working on this search.
For Gabby. :)

Wow - interesting info regarding Florida Law and "Accessory after the Fact". The provision has a ""related person exemption" and therefore parents cannot be charged with accessory after the fact. Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
Would that apply in a federal case?
Good question.....I believe, however, that even though they live in Florida, if they take a person to another state without that provision, they are toast.

“We understand that individuals can view the same situation in very different ways, and we recognize how the death of Ms. Petito more than two weeks later in Wyoming might lead to speculation, in hindsight, about actions taken during the incident in Moab. The purpose of the City’s formal investigation is to gather the underlying facts and evidence necessary to make a thorough, informed evaluation of such actions,” according to the city.
Moab, Utah, will investigate police response to Gabby Petito and her fiancé's domestic dispute

I really hope (but doubt) that at least one of the officers faces consequences for his actions that day. Be those inflicted by his department or preferably his own conscious. :(

Hey all, I have a hypothetical..

Yesterday I was reading in some MSM articles about BL's social media and they were trawling through past posts of his and picked up on a post of his about 'autistic burnout'.

"About five weeks ago, a post in a folder titled “Bleak” referred to the book “Burnt Out: How to Cope with Autistic Burnout,” according to the news outlet."

You can read it here: Brian Laundrie alleged cryptic messages on Pinterest

My question is.. If it is indeed the case that BL is autistic or on the spectrum in some way, does anyone know if there have been previous legal precedent where this has been used as a defence in a criminal case?

Could a defence lawyer argue, for example, that BL was not culpable on the grounds of diminished responsibility due to an autism diagnosis?

Hypotheticals and MOO

Not a lawyer, but long-term dating one who is actually on the spectrum, so autism and justice are some of his favourite topics, and he's written extensively about it academically. I don't know the laws of Florida but it would be very difficult to use autism as a defense given how seemingly high-functioning he is. Autism is a very unique diagnosis for each person so it's incredibly difficult to build law or precedent around it. As the saying goes "if you've met one person with Autism, you've met one person with autism"

I have an entire den of coyotes about 50 yards from my back door.
I've lived here for over a decade.
I also have a 7lb miniature dachshund and they run like heck from her. Legitimately terrified.
I have birds of prey that are more keenly interested in eating her (she's learned to run under something when she sees them circling).
People are really afraid of wild animals but you'd be hard pressed to find any wild animal that is just randomly attacking humans. Yes, incidents happen but they are VERY RARE.

27 fatal puma attacks in 100 years in the US
2 recorded coyote deaths of humans in the US and Canada
23 -27 (depending on your source) alligator deaths in FL in over 70 years (most were kids or elderly)
0 Black bear deaths in FL recorded
Only 5 people die from venomous snakes in the US yearly
(now without medical care one could argue that BL would be at heightened risk should he be one of the 7-8k bitten in the US every year but anyone with any outdoor skills knows how to avoid becoming a snake bite victim)

People have more to fear from bats, raccoons and mosquitoes. Not so much in the US since the introduction of rabies vaccines for pets, but its estimate that "Each year, rabies causes approximately 59,000 deaths worldwide, including approximately two deaths in the United States." Its also estimated that 70% of deaths from rabies comes from bats. And of course Mosquitoes have their own host of diseases they can pass on. Being in an environment like that Reserve without adequate shelter and no option for timely medical assistance probably has a greater chance of killing you than just your normal camping trip.

Vital Signs: Trends in Human Rabies Deaths and Exposures — United States, 1938–2018

JB on WFLA is talking about why they aren't offering a reward yet. I'm thinking maybe they have received TOO many good tips? Would the RV couple and Mexican Restaurant couple be eligible if they provided information that led to an arrest or conviction (like many rewards are phrased)? I don't know!

Maybe the RV family, but not sure how the restaurant couple helped. They had already found her body and their info wouldn’t have helped lead to it. Unfortunately it’s not illegal to be a jerk in a restaurant so their info wouldn’t help lead to any sort of conviction. moo.

Calvin Lewis (FOX4 Now) @CalvinLewisTV via Twitter – 12:54PM 9/23
Meanwhile: As search for #BrianLaundrie continues at Carlton Reserve, this is the current scene outside the Laundrie Family home.

After being towed Monday, the silver Mustang is back. The red pickup is gone and, so too it seems, are Brian’s parents. #GabbyPetito
@Fox4Now

Attachments

• E__B5XZUUAQk_L0.jpeg
    E__B5XZUUAQk_L0.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 53
  • E__B5XTUcAsDl8x.jpeg
    E__B5XTUcAsDl8x.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 55
  • E__B5XTUUAQBj0f.jpeg
    E__B5XTUUAQBj0f.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 45
But she was seen too at the restaurant, no?

Yes. It’s important in that it gives us the earliest she could have been killed. The autopsy likely cannot be as specific on time of death because of the length of time passed before the body was found.

She was not likely to have been dead in the van as it passed muster upon LE examination and cadaver dogs, so she was likely killed at very earliest, however long it took to drive from restaurant to campsite.

I really hope (but doubt) that at least one of the officers faces consequences for his actions that day. Be those inflicted by his department or preferably his own conscious. :(

What I hope is that we don't find out BL murdered GP because he flew into a rage when she went to break up with him. That would probably hit the female officer particularly hard.

On the WFLA live, Walt just confirmed that there are a number of trail cams in the reserve.

Eta: I don't know if we had already confirmed this, but maybe they have some info from them that's keeping them there?? Friends of Carlton reserve has info on the cams and you can see pics of animals and such, apparently.

• There was a 911 call from a caller who was never identified (not Chris) and disappeared into the ether.
  • There was an eyewitness named Chris, who did not call, but waited until police arrived at the Moonflower, then gave his contact info to officer Eric Pratt.
  • ofc Pratt then went to the scene of the traffic stop.
  • while GP and BL were being interviewed, ofc Pratt called Chris and got his account of what happened.
  • ofc Pratt then confirmed that his account was consistent with what GP and BL stated.
  • later, ofc Robbins went to meet Chris and get him to fill out a witness statement form.
This information is available online from the police reports and Chris's witness statement form.
I'm going off this:
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440697424129888256
"For everyone asking whether the Chris in the witness statement is the same Chris on the 911 call – I just got some clarity. I spoke to Moab Police. It’s a bit complicated. They explained that Grand County dispatch took the 911 call. And Moab Police took the witness statement."
"Two different entities. Police could not tell me whether it is the same person or not. They say the only way to figure it out would be to compare the records. The problem is – the records from both entities are redacted. In the 911 call, they silenced the last name"
"And in the police report they redacted the last name. So at this point I don’t think there is a way to know for sure."

It appears at some point there was information that the 911 caller was identified as someone named Chris.

Just wanted to chime in regarding teaching our kids these things when we're raising them up. This is exactly why I teach my daughter that she is under no obligation to be polite to someone making her uncomfortable, even if it's just a "gut feeling". It's better safe than sorry. I've used a tagline from a podcast, "<modsnip> Politeness". This is also exactly why I taught my boys that "NO means NO, do not ask further, do not ask for reasonings, do not try to convince anyone who says no to change their mind" in regards to everything & everybody. "No" is a complete sentence. I taught them all how a healthy relationship looks, red flags, how to navigate relationship issues, how to respect boundaries, be considerate, etc. I've taught them all of this regardless of their gender because they all need to know it.

Bad behavior and evil are human conditions not limited to any race, gender, sexual preference, beliefs . . . well, you get the point.

On the other side, kindness and goodness are human conditions as well that are not limited to any group you prefer.

Each person is responsible for their choices.

Wow - interesting info regarding Florida Law and "Accessory after the Fact". The provision has a ""related person exemption" and therefore parents cannot be charged with accessory after the fact. Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Good question.....I believe, however, that even though they live in Florida, if they take a person to another state without that provision, they are toast.
Also, another FYI... NOT applicable is in cases of child abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288