Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple of thoughts.
Maybe Brian sent the text about helping Stan while Gabby was alive. If she was getting a lot of calls and Brian is controlling, he could have grabbed her phone to see who was contacting her. Or he was just keeping her phone at this point. Could be cause for tension/ anger and Brian takes some of it out on the staff at the restaurant.

If Brian is currently a POI and they can't do much if they find him but send him home, maybe they are actually tracking him til the autopsy report comes in?

Why can’t we just refer to her by her dang name? It’s Jessica Schultz. Just call her that or JS. Why is this even a discussion lol.
Someone else thought it was less than respectful to call her dog lady, which I started. No one remembers names like that. Van lady vs blue heeler lady vs tik tok lady, versus restaurant lady, vs whoever saw them at that lake person. We always use respectful nicknames. Betcha no one remembers all those names, plus the guys that were involved in those sightings, who have had their names reported too.

His neighbors reported they’d recently seen brian on a family bike ride. Did they check for a bicycle missing from the laundrie house? If on bike, he could’ve traveled much farther without looking sketchy or identifiable walking alone down a road…
I've had that same thought. Is that part mostly "bike-able" -- for those who know -- even after lots of rain?

Well, I'm confused because I thought it was originally saying that GP was very apologetic during the incident.
So, was she at the restaurant with him or not?

All reports I've read say she was there and yes, very apologetic. I can't imagine BL going into Merry Piglets by himself, frankly.

He probably didn't want to be there.

What should or could the officer do in that situation? Should Gabby have been arrested? They had no reason to arrest Brian? Legally what could any of the officers that day have done? Gabby was an adult woman who was traveling with Brian of her own free will. It's an honest question, did the officers have any legal recourses open to them other than what they did which was to separate the two for the night?

I'm with you here. LE had actual in person statements from a witness and the two people involved that he never hit her except for, either, BL grabbing her face (from her) or pushing her away (from him). They had statements from her that said she hit him at teh moonflower and in the van when they were being stopped. She stated that she slapped him to get him to stop telling her to calm down. No one ever spoke to the other 911 caller to verify his statement that BL was hitting GP.

I can't see how any LE could arrest BL in that situation. It would be akin to a 911 caller saying someone was driving a stolen car, and when LE gets there all the witnesses, including the vehicle owner, say the driver had permission to drive the car and the police arrested him anyway.

Bad behavior and evil are human conditions not limited to any race, gender, sexual preference, beliefs . . . well, you get the point.

On the other side, kindness and goodness are human conditions as well that are not limited to any group you prefer.

Each person is responsible for their choices.

I mean, that's why I said I teach it to all of my kids, regardless of gender? Also, me teaching them this stuff does not mean I'm teaching them to be jerks! So should I not teach them about boundaries? I'm sorry, this is confusing. But it's getting off-topic now; was just trying to partake in the previous discussion.

AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage (source - handwritten note by Gabbys uncle and interview with Mom)

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted by Gabby

AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats delivered to hotel

AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.

AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane
(?Where was the van parked?)

I'm going off this:
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440697424129888256
"For everyone asking whether the Chris in the witness statement is the same Chris on the 911 call – I just got some clarity. I spoke to Moab Police. It’s a bit complicated. They explained that Grand County dispatch took the 911 call. And Moab Police took the witness statement."
"Two different entities. Police could not tell me whether it is the same person or not. They say the only way to figure it out would be to compare the records. The problem is – the records from both entities are redacted. In the 911 call, they silenced the last name"
"And in the police report they redacted the last name. So at this point I don’t think there is a way to know for sure."

It appears at some point there was information that the 911 caller was identified as someone named Chris.

i question whether it was the same person based on the fact that the written statement omits a great deal of what was included in the 911 call...

Narrowing down the time of death is important in a murder investigation. With this new evidence/testimony, LE knows that Gabby was alive at 1pm on August 27 and there is a witness that can testify that BL was not in control of his emotions at the time and was behaving unreasonably.
I think the text message to Mom on that day (27th) is most likely shortly after the time of death. But I haven't been able to figure out when that message was sent.

You would think Gabby if texting her mother that day after the restaurant incident she would've mentioned it or wanted to confide in her mother, from what I can tell that is not what the message that was sent was about (among other oddities like the 'Stan' issue).

BL probably killed her and went into panic mode and immediately tried to give some form of 'fake' contact to the mother to avoid suspicion, not realizing that the mom really had no reason to be suspicious (at that point anyway) and his act itself would set off the red flags.

One would think they'd want to tell people Brian is innocent and a victim, and they are worried about him.

But as you say...Crickets.....

IMO the BL' lawyer is playing it smart (as cruel as it is). If BL is guilty, he is waiting to see what evidence is there. He didn't even know if and when the body would be found. Would evidence point to murder? LE has a huge task putting evidence together. If it weren't for the explosion of interest in the case, their amount of effort would have been less and probably a little more sloppy.

IMO the part that he didn't plan on was the amount of camera and personal siting that placed the locations, and the amount of interest.

MOO

Yes. It’s important in that it gives us the earliest she could have been killed. The autopsy likely cannot be as specific on time of death because of the length of time passed before the body was found.

She was not likely to have been dead in the van as it passed muster upon LE examination and cadaver dogs, so she was likely killed at very earliest, however long it took to drive from restaurant to campsite.

That's a good point. I'm going to assume, without any other information, that she was killed where she was found. Hasn't it been noted that the campsite they were at was highly populated? If so, wouldn't it be safe to assume that someone being killed out in the open would be heard?

My son is missing.
1. Where are the parents pleading for information about his whereabouts?
2. Where is their offer of a reward or some incentive to contact LE?
3. Where are their daily updates about their last known knowledge of his whereabouts?
*crickets*

Because

1. They know no one knows where he is. This is only used in circumstances where the certain members of the public are reluctant to come forward with information. Either because they are responsible or scared of the person responsible. I think the only one in America reluctant is BL

2. See answer above, what are they going to do, bribe their own son with a reward? Does not make sense, everyone in the country is motivated to find him. I don't think money is needed

3. Police have not even provided a description of his clothing or belongings he was last seen with. This is an interesting tidbit that I have been wondering about. Especially when one article LE requested the publics help to look out for him, but provided no description of clothes/bag/tattoos etc. So I think there is obviously something we are not being told by LE

Brian Laundrie's parents flee Florida home

Brian Laundrie’s parents rebuffed questions about their son’s whereabouts and told the media to scram as they left their home in Florida on Thursday morning.

Christopher and Roberta Laundrie were confronted by reporters as they headed to their red Dodge Ram pickup truck in the driveway of their North Port home.

“Mr. and Mrs. Laundrie, do you know where he is? Can you tell us?” one reporter asked.

“Go,” snapped Christopher.

“I’m going to go that way. I’m going to go that way,” he continued, pointing down the street before climbing into the truck with his wife.

I do think that for some people, the abusive behavior comes from a pervasive set of personality traits and they don't have to think about it much. There's not a lot going on in their brains (like planning), but they have a strong natural tendency to dominant or even predate. We are 99% the same genetically as other primates and very similar to other mammals, and well, some H. sapiens have a strong predatory streak, even more have an in-built drive toward some form of dominance.

Top that off with a family where other members have the same tendencies, and the switches and dials in the brain that are set up in the first few years of life are turned up to 11 for dominance. Interestingly, in very traditional families (not sure how many of those are left), a very dominant father may focus almost completely on dominating his sons (especially the eldest son), which has a trickle down effect for the rest of the family, so in that sense, we can see the traits "skipping" generations. Otherwise, it's "fruit doesn't fall far from the tree" as we see here all the time.

Or that it's used. It didn't look brand new to me, but I can't say exactly why I say that. My parents had an almost identical one way back in the day, so I'm probably biased.

At any rate, it's concerning that it is once again gone from the driveway, per the tweet posted by @MassGuy on p 37 of the previous thread #28 (I think I got that right).

As far as I can tell, @MassGuy was talking about the truck and the camper was still there this morning via video feed of the parents leaving in the truck. Seems like the FBI doesn't care about the camper much. They must know he returned from that trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member