Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage (source - handwritten note by Gabbys uncle and interview with Mom)

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted by Gabby

AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats delivered to hotel

AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.

AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane
(?Where was the van parked?)

I don't think BL left the Western US at all. I think this section of the timeline is pure nonsense. Perhaps BL did abandon Gabby and forced her to seek shelter at a hotel at that point.

The prelude to her otherwise unexplained separation from BL while she remained in SLC concerned someone so greatly in Moab that a witness called 911.

They obviously had one hell of a fight in Moab. The wheels were clearly coming off by then, in light of what happened afterward.

or on long, confined social media driven trip where he has plenty of unobserved time to let his anger out more and more without it being seen by anyone but GP. Until it grew so commonplace that it was now slipping out in more public places.
Did they go anywhere that wasn't highly travelled by humans. They were, to my knowledge, nowhere near "in the back country". I'm not even sure if they boondocked much, if at all. They were at well known marketed tourist sites. I have to believe that Laundrie was seen by thousands of people throughout that trip.

It's not my forum, I'm following what we've done for at least 15 years. If you say, here on this thread, most of those names you'll have to, IMO, include the qualifiers just like you did here! Anyway, is this a big deal?

This. Lots of people also have a hard time keeping track of names. I don't think anyone is trying to be disrespectful. It's a lot of info to keep track of.

Based on this Im going to say they went camping with the trailer on the 12/13th Sept. It is already confirmed by multiple news outlets that they went camping on or after the day she was reported missing officially by her parents.
IMO I think that's wrong. They were definitely home on the 11th when NPPD confiscated the van, possibly home on the 10th at first contact regarding missing persons. The camper has been in every photo of the front of the home since the case broke. My guess is he came home on the 1st, and they camped Labor Day weekend.

They were there on the 10th, she was reported missing on the 11th, maybe trying to getting info before official missing report made? I wonder if it was on the 10th they were presented with atty card, he was already on board.

The way Taylor told it in his press conference, it sounded like he got that number when they picked up the van, but...I'd trust a report of each call to the house above a verbal summary of events.

Without looking anything up, I can tell you the Bethune family captured the van on video, Nina Angelo and her boyfriend Matt England witnessed the argument at The Merry Piglets, and Jessica Schultz noticed Brian 'acting weird.' I'm not sure why it is difficult to refer to people to their actual names, especially when it helps prevent confusion about who sighted what and when, IMO.
Maybe people are looking for a bit of levity in such an intense and devastating case, but I agree it can get somewhat confusing.

Jmo

Edit to correct spelling

I don't know. If your client is missing and not charged with anything, why can't the parents act like he's a victim, too?
Because every little thing they do and/or say right now will effect Brian’s options for a defense play later. There are way too many variables right now. It’s not even a sure thing he’ll be tried for her murder if he’s found. They might not be able to tie him to it as much as needed. So right now it’s better for Brian in the long run if they stay silent. No need to risk potentially perjuring him anymore than he’s already done himself.

Last edited:
I don't think he's in a swamp. I think his parents took him some place else on that earlier camper trip, noted by the neighbor - and to my knowledge, that information is fairly new. Wasn't it yesterday that it was published?

I think it's much more likely he's in a place better suited to long term hiding out. In fact, didn't the parents initially say that BL wasn't missing, but "hiding"?

They took off for 3 days, according to the neighbor. It's about 10 hours to get to the AT trailhead from North Port.

If his hand tattoo was in fact done with one of those tattoo ink markers, then that's no longer an identifying trait. I bet they picked up some hair dye/hair bleach. His eyebrows are distinctive, although usually covered with sunglasses (he'd have new ones if he's really trying to hide out).

I'm not sure what the point of all of this is, from the parents' pov or his, if that's what happened.

I await the arrest warrant (which I think will be a Federal warrant) and we'll see what happens next.

Oh no, not at all! Federal charges could definitely be made. It's not clear if the Feds have interviewed the parents yet, but I'm sure they'll want to if they decide to file an arrest warrant for BL. Federal law is such a specific specialization, I have no clue whether they'll charge parents based on the parents' assistance of BL before he becomes an official fugitive, though.

It will certainly impede the parents from going to meet BL here and there, if that's what they're doing, as I suspect their car will get a GPS monitor from the Feds if the Feds think they're aiding him.

The parents have convinced the FBI that he is in the reserve. They are privy to traffic cams, their phone messages, internet searches etc, phone tower pings. Including records of residents connected to them. They are searching this area because the are confident he is or was there. I doubt they are going just off the word of the parents. I imagine they have more to go on. I also imagine they have verified where they went camping, when they went, when they returned and who returned. For all we know, they camped in the reserve they are currently searching

According to LE they were exercising their right to remain silent. So I would assume their lawyer told them to keep quiet and not answer any questions.
And, if I had to bet, his most recent action was "encouraging" the North Port Police to return the Laundrie's vehicle. I do not believe that that department simply returned it 'cuz they're nice folks.

I don't think BL left the Western US at all. I think this section of the timeline is pure nonsense. Perhaps BL did abandon Gabby and forced her to seek shelter at a hotel at that point.

The prelude to her otherwise unexplained separation from BL while she remained in SLC concerned someone so greatly in Moab that a witness called 911.

They obviously had one hell of a fight in Moab. The wheels were clearly coming off by then, in light of what happened afterward.

i've wondered if maybe he did leave her alone (due to another fight, etc), and she possibly had to ask a parent to pay for the hotel, so she told them the story about the storage unit so she wouldn't have to admit to them that he had left her...moo

I don't think he's in a swamp. I think his parents took him some place else on that earlier camper trip, noted by the neighbor - and to my knowledge, that information is fairly new. Wasn't it yesterday that it was published?

I think it's much more likely he's in a place better suited to long term hiding out. In fact, didn't the parents initially say that BL wasn't missing, but "hiding"?

They took off for 3 days, according to the neighbor. It's about 10 hours to get to the AT trailhead from North Port.

If his hand tattoo was in fact done with one of those tattoo ink markers, then that's no longer an identifying trait. I bet they picked up some hair dye/hair bleach. His eyebrows are distinctive, although usually covered with sunglasses (he'd have new ones if he's really trying to hide out).

I'm not sure what the point of all of this is, from the parents' pov or his, if that's what happened.

I await the arrest warrant (which I think will be a Federal warrant) and we'll see what happens next.

Oh no, not at all! Federal charges could definitely be made. It's not clear if the Feds have interviewed the parents yet, but I'm sure they'll want to if they decide to file an arrest warrant for BL. Federal law is such a specific specialization, I have no clue whether they'll charge parents based on the parents' assistance of BL before he becomes an official fugitive, though.

It will certainly impede the parents from going to meet BL here and there, if that's what they're doing, as I suspect their car will get a GPS monitor from the Feds if the Feds think they're aiding him.
The neighbor across the street reported seeing Brian and his parents on the 10th, so it sounds like he returned home with them after the camping trip. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500