Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point. I'm going to assume, without any other information, that she was killed where she was found. Hasn't it been noted that the campsite they were at was highly populated? If so, wouldn't it be safe to assume that someone being killed out in the open would be heard?

Maybe so but you could also ask. In a highly populated campground, wouldn't someone dragging a body 900 feet from the road be seen? I think it likely their tent had been pitched where her body was found. They had a continuation of the fight in the restaurant and he beat her to death, packed up and left her there. Even some serial killers have left their victims covered out of some sense remorse but whomever killed Gabby just left her there in the open exposed to the elements. JMO but to me this shows just how bad their relationship had become and how little he cared about her at the end.

It's my understanding that per Laundrie neighbors across the street, the camper was loaded and the parents & Brian left on Sept 11th, after Gabby was reported missing & after Gabby's van was seized.... and returned to Laundrie's home Mon 9/13.

Brian Laundrie's neighbors speak out amid investigation

If Brian's parents took him somewhere & were physically with him on 9/13 @ the time of their atty's call... https://twitter.com/nikthehat/status/1440838557954760705
Imo, that's a HUGE radius clue as to where Brian was on 9/13 or could still could be.
Cell phone records & pings should place Brian & his parents at the time of attorney Steven Bertolino's call.

I don't believe the parents.. not one ounce.
I don't think Brian is in the swamp.

I 100% think Brian intentionally disappeared via that camper on the 9/11-9/13 family camping trip with 100% help from his parents.
I 100% think mom & pop are all-in on a last minute planned on-the-run-in-hiding gig and are fully complicit in the cover-up.
BINGO!

I don't know. If your client is missing and not charged with anything, why can't the parents act like he's a victim, too?

I would want to know where my client was at all times. In a situation like this I would be concerned about his safety. If he's on the run, I would be very concerned that he could be killed by LE (particularly if I know he is armed) or even an armed civilian. Tensions are really high and they didn't have to be.

d deals. They were also fighting over her phone...MOO

Snipped for clarity.

I think there's a couple of things about why her phone was as issue with Brian:

1) She used it to keep in regular contact with her mum and people like Brian don't want that. The power is in controlling every aspect of their lives and contact with 'the outside world' and especially her mum would have worried him. What was she telling her mum etc. Just like in the police stop when the police officer spoke to Gabby and when he went back to to Brian he asked what Gabby had said.

2) Using the phone uses its battery and charging it meant sitting in cafes etc for long periods of time. Brian didn't like this. The police stop was just after they'd been in a cafe for hours.

In summary, if he had the phone AND the car keys, he had ALL the power. It's all about power for him.

Did they go anywhere that wasn't highly travelled by humans. They were, to my knowledge, nowhere near "in the back country". I'm not even sure if they boondocked much, if at all. They were at well known marketed tourist sites. I have to believe that Laundrie was seen by thousands of people throughout that trip.

You can go a mile form the tourist spots and find solitude in most of those places. Most people don't generally go far off the beaten path. Even on the AT, as busy as it gets, you can find quiet spots by just walking a 1/4 mile off the trail.

Last edited:
Perhaps! That and trail cams may be too! That swamp buggy thing is amazing!
I know. I submitted the video as a tip to the FBI too. I don’t know where it was in the reserve, so hopefully they were able to figure it out. Seems like maybe they did if they’re literally in the trees.

GP’s parents tried to contact BL’s parents on 09/30 (as per timeline at the beginning of the thread). This leads me to believe they knew what had happened to GP.

If BL had lied about a break-up / GP leaving him there is no reason I can think of why they wouldn’t respond if they thought/knew she was ok or thought she could be at risk from someone other than BL.

They were buying time for BL. JMO.

i've wondered if maybe he did leave her alone (due to another fight, etc), and she possibly had to ask a parent to pay for the hotel, so she told them the story about the storage unit so she wouldn't have to admit to them that he had left her...moo

Maybe, but it just seems like a detail the parents would have mentioned in interviews.

Which is just ludicrous IMO. That exemption not applicable in cases of child abuse but if you were to help a murderer of a child's parent escape justice because you're related to the murderer...well that's ok, you're exempt!? Because you know killing a child's parent isn't outright abusing their child right?

Edit for focus question:
Is their not adding and abetting charges for relatives of criminals in FL at all? Only if the crime involves a child firsthand?

"Any person who maintains or assists the principal or accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed the offense of child abuse, neglect of a child, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child under 18 years of age, or murder of a child under 18 years of age, or had been an accessory thereto before the fact, with the intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial, or punishment, is an accessory after the fact unless the court finds that the person is a victim of domestic violence."

BBM to reflect that GP was 22....also if the relative is keeping hush because of DV they would waive charges.

This provision holds that an individual can’t be charged with accessory after the fact if they are the suspect’s:
  • Wife
  • Husband
  • Parent
  • Grandparent
  • Child
  • Grandchild
  • Brother (by blood or marriage)
  • Sister (by blood or marriage)
Those who are NOT protected under the related person exemption include:
  • Uncle
  • Aunt
  • Cousin
  • Mother/ Father of Shared Child (unless married)
  • Girlfriend/ Boyfriend

jeez those swamp tanks they're showing on wfla sure mean business...I'm convinced that they wouldn't expend all these crazy resources if they didn't have a reason

I am riveted watching that thing go! I have to give big props to the searches in such harsh terrain.

I know. I submitted the video as a tip to the FBI too. I don’t know where it was in the reserve, so hopefully they were able to figure it out. Seems like maybe they did if they’re literally in the trees.

It was an amazing catch on your part!

Looking for an MSM confirmation that BL flew home for a period of time during their trip -- anyone?

It seems incongruent to me that someone who has been described by GP's best friend to have control issues, and has the overall optics of being an abusive narcissist would leave GP for a period of nearly a week. "Allowing" her to have her own experiences absent of him seems like atypical behaviour, so I'm curious if this trip has been confirmed to have happened (for whatever reason) or is spiraling conjecture.

maybe he’s on meds and has a psych appt. could be any number of reasons that he needed to go back home.

New update on WFLA: email from Josh Taylor rom NPPD: good afternoon below is a video from Thursday and question about buggies 4 out and drone by FHP, 75 personnel from 16 agencies and plan to search throughout the day. Friday search is to be determined. FBI search and asking for info through tip line or online.

WFLA reports from North Port spokesperson, Josh Taylor: gives info on vehicles and people involved in today's search and says that Friday search is TBD. Asks for continued public assistance, submit tips to the FBI.

New update on WFLA: email from Josh Taylor rom NPPD: good afternoon below is a video from Thursday and question about buggies 4 out and drone by FHP, 75 personnel from 26 agencies and plan to search throughout the day. Friday search is to be determined. FBI search and asking for info through tip line or online.

Friday TBD :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member