AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely tires digging in...from personal obs not a photograph.
Any idea why the two marks are so close together? Much too close for the wheelbase width of the Jeep to be both front tires at the same time. Did you notice the both the marks had the same tire pattern in them?

Last edited:
The impact on the windshield looks to me like something large (like a rock) was heaved at the windshield when the jeep was moving. I have seen the same type of impact on windshields where a heavy object was dropped off a bridge onto moving traffic below.

Too close for a Quad even, from what I can see. Very odd. Wish I could have seen it in person. Wondering if the tread pattern matched that of the Jeep, if not there is a bigger story with more people involved.

Too close for a Quad even, from what I can see. Very odd. Wish I could have seen it in person. Wondering if the tread pattern matched that of the Jeep, if not there is a bigger story with more people involved.
Though IIRC upthread there was a suggestion it could have been the vehicle of the rancher who located the car.

The impact on the windshield looks to me like something large (like a rock) was heaved at the windshield when the jeep was moving. I have seen the same type of impact on windshields where a heavy object was dropped off a bridge onto moving traffic below.
Yup - definitely looks like something hard and heavy hit the windshield at speed and right in front of the driver’s face. Hard to see where the object could have come from between the job site and the car location though - likewise the driver’s side damage. I did wonder at one point if he might have been in collision with a truck coming away from the substation, though I think I was probably misled into assuming the site was still under construction by an old Google Maps satellite image.

Yup - definitely looks like something hard and heavy hit the windshield at speed and right in front of the driver’s face. Hard to see where the object could have come from between the job site and the car location though - likewise the driver’s side damage. I did wonder at one point if he might have been in collision with a truck coming away from the substation, though I think I was probably misled into assuming the site was still under construction by an old Google Maps satellite image.
An accident with another vehicle most likely would have been reported. A heavy object impacting the windshield that high up does not appear to completely fit with driving around the desert. I am starting to think more than just Daniel and the Jeep are involved.

This may be a long shot. but the marks on the windshield pillar and the smashed in windshield look to me like the base and lift portion of a High Lift jack. Like someone swung the jack buy the top end and the base and lift pawl impacted the Jeep. High Lift jacks are common in off road vehicles and essential in out of the way places. Also used by farmers to stretch fence lines.

The first thing that comes to my mind with that description of his behaviour is epilepsy. but it could be a number of things.

But I'm confused - if this is true, why did none of his colleagues, friends and family try to get him help?

I will share a little bit of a personal story. My step-son started acting erratically. He started staring in to space, he would leave to go somewhere and then call and say he didn't know what he was doing, he would go out and sit in his car and then come in and say he had been somewhere even though he never left the driveway, he would answer questions very strangely, he began spiraling quickly over a 6 week time frame. We drug tested him, and this wasn't the answer. He could act perfectly normal - especially if you didn't quiz him. He could talk about the weather, politics, and the news. But, at times, his answers just didn't make any sense. An example, we asked him if he slept okay. He answered that he slept well on the couch. I asked him why he slept on the couch? He answered frustratedly "Because the truck won't fit on the couch! And, besides, it is a work truck, so I can't sleep in it!!" Most people would know that I was wondering why he didn't sleep in his bed. He also started talking in to the air (he was hearing voices). He is 21... We tried and tried to get some help, but "he isn't a threat to himself or others" is what we heard over and over again. A crisis worker flat out told us that there is a disconnect in his brain, but he couldn't do anything about it because my step son was an adult and he didn't think anything was wrong with himself. This spiral happened over about a 6 week time frame. The day that the crisis workers evaluated him, he then walked in to someone else's house at 10:00 pm through their back door. We are lucky he wasn't shot as they thought he was a dangerous intruder. Then, he drove on the freeway at 1:00 in the morning at over 100 mph without his headlights being on. They tried to stop him and had to use 3 spike strips - and at that point he actually ran out of gas. He told the cops he was helping the truck drivers.

My point in this story is that mental health is a crisis in America. It is almost impossible to get help until something terrible happens. Many mental health issues manifest themselves between the age of 20-25. I feel so badly for this family. I don't know if he was hurt by someone else, or if DR was having a mental health crisis. I just know this family deserves answers and deserves the time it takes to find Daniel.

Last edited:
The first thing that comes to my mind with that description of his behaviour is epilepsy. but it could be a number of things.

But I'm confused - if this is true, why did none of his colleagues, friends and family try to get him help?
and @BeckyF
His sister lives in Phoenix and would have been in the best position for that. But you bring up a good point, Buckeye PD in their press releases or Mr. Robinson in his interviews has ever said anything about Daniel's having any medical conditions (other than the birth defect).

Again, just from overhearing chatter during the 5 searches, the behavior at work was more along the lines of "not himself". He was generally very personable and upbeat and inquisitive about others according to Mr. Robinson. So MOO is he was acting aloof, quieter, "moody", distracted...

Any idea why the two marks are so close together? Much too close for the wheelbase width of the Jeep to be both front tires at the same time. Did you notice the both the marks had the same tire pattern in them?
and @shadwell
No tire patterns...I was out there 2 weeks AFTER the vehicle was found. 5 1/2 weeks from crash date if they are even related to that day. Probably drop for now as immaterial, particularly as relates to actually finding Daniel. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned.

I'm curious of this as well. Or if there was any flash flooding in the area the car was found after the date he disappeared.
Please read upthread for complete weather description of date and time frames. Essentially not much rain on the AM of June 23rd. Then nothing of note until a real gully washer on July 25th (the day after the second search and the first weekend after the vehicle was found on July 19th). An unfound body in the Hassayampa River could have been moved by that rain. Nothing of note since that date.

Last edited:
What makes you say "moving"? Would the pattern look different if at a stand still?
Also you mention a "High Lift" as far as I know the vehicle is not lifted and did not have oversize tires...so I don't think that would come from Daniels vehicle. But you may be correct in that someone else had one handy. It is a small urban vehicle that GM tries to market as an entry level "JEEP". It is not remotely suited for Jeep trails or overland IMO.

My understanding is the 4x4 is still an option at that point. He did not have that option. IIRC, front wheel drive and street tires, not lifted.
Thank you for the clarification! Cars.com showed only 4 x 4 is available for the 2017 Trailhawk trim level, maybe it was a Sport, or maybe cars.com is incorrect. I'll treat it as 2 wheel drive in next post.
As you have had boots on the ground on this one, have you considered becoming a verified insider on this thread?

More likely than not, some did, IMO, but no one can be forced to, unless deemed a danger to themselves or others and/or ordered to do so by a judge :(.

CNN has an interview with Daniel's father and older brother.

I’m surprised a professional EDR report wasn’t commissioned by LE as soon as the car was recovered, but it’s as well that it is being done now - some of the statements made to date with regard to this seem slightly curious (eg I’ve not seen an EDR readout that shows time of collision).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993