Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents have convinced the FBI that he is in the reserve. They are privy to traffic cams, their phone messages, internet searches etc, phone tower pings. Including records of residents connected to them. They are searching this area because the are confident he is or was there. I doubt they are going just off the word of the parents. I imagine they have more to go on. I also imagine they have verified where they went camping, when they went, when they returned and who returned. For all we know, they camped in the reserve they are currently searching

I surely do hope so. I don't think there's been enough time since the parents' electronics were collected to have gotten all that data yet. And there's no crime yet (no charges against Brian) so I don't think there's a tracker on their vehicles.

Phone tower pings from specific towers might work - but I don't think they're using a phone to communicate with Brian and I'd be very surprised if he actually has his phone on him as he's moving around. What they need is the cellular data from the phone provider - which I assume will be produced any day. now.

I am guessing they took the parents in for questioning (with their lawyer present?) so I'm not sure if they have "verified" where they went camping in those three days. They don't look as if they're cooperating, to me, but who knows what one of them might have said if separated from the other?

I seriously doubt they went camping in that preserve, as there are only those utility line areas and dirt roads - explained to us a week ago by local LE - that can be used to reliably traverse the reserve; there's no camping allowed; there are barriers to all vehicles except people on foot and on bikes. Take a look at the footage of where the car was parked. It's a swamp. There are those easements/trails we see the searchers using - they went in first with lightweight vehicles and are now using specialized vehicles that won't sink into the muck.

Why would they go camping together in that swamp? They'd be seen and likely. reported and they would not, IMO, want an encounter with LE.

I do hope they find Brian today (in the swamp) but I'm not holding my breath after learning of the 3 day camper trip.

Maybe they found some article of Brian's in the swamp (but that isn't proof he was ever there, it's just the lead they have).

Quick question. I am guessing that there are no restrictions on BLs parents' travel since they are not charged with any crimes at this point? So if they wanted to, they could stop by MCO airport and jump on an international flight out of the US with no problems?
Like right...can you imagine if they are seen at the airport in O-Town.

Do you think Brian could be doing this? Wwooffing? He told the Moab policeman about it. I don't think he is there in reserve. I hope LE is keeping on eye on them. Jmo
Makes me wonder if he would’ve come to a small town thinking he wouldn’t be noticed. I’m in mid Florida about 2ish hours south east from north port (smack dab between Tampa and Orlando but south). There’s a lot of empty places out here to hide.. infact I mentioned to some friends the other night while we were trail riding that there were a lot of places to hide a body where we were.

It seems they have spent BL’s lifetime trying to coddle and protect him. The desire to not see their son go to federal prison for life probably had something to do with them not responding. They haven’t held him accountable and don’t want anyone else holding him accountable.

I agree with you. But in the meantime, they have subjected themselves to possible criminal activity by hiding things/lying. (MOO) Additionally, the public won’t receive them well. I think they could have handled things much better by at least pretending to care about Gabby. Their lives will never be the same.

Personally, I'm surprised there are as many involved as there are. That's an awful lot of man- and machine-power for one person who (at this point in time) has every legal right to go and do as he pleases since there is not a warrant out for his arrest.

We're talking about a person of interest in a domestic violence death. I'm starting to wonder if LE isn't feeling the heat from being accused of dropping the ball earlier, so they're pulling out all the stops. Brian is probably only a danger to the female companions in his life, but not to society at large.

I can see that level of investigating if we were talking about a serial killer or a mass shooter who was likely to keep killing. But Brian? Am I the only one who thinks it's overkill?

Plus, a big part of me doesn't even think he's there, given his parents' activities and behavior over the past couple of weeks.

Is it someones election year? This is a make or break career case. As gross as that sounds

Do we know exactly when the parents started texting and asking for her whereabouts. Because all I can find is that it was on the 10th. Any indications it was earlier? Apologies if already covered
I haven't found a date yet - her mom gave a few interviews and then stopped. I tend to think she may have attempted contact periodically and didn't panic until a number of days went by with no response prompting her to call LE on the 10th.
JMO

I want to say I do not fault them at all if they are meeting with a serious Florida-based criminal defense attorney. They are in a serious situation and they need advice from someone who has been involved in similar situations. They need to understand what they can and cannot do and how they can legally help their son.

Unless they know where he is right now (like in hiding somewhere), there's a real chance their son is dead or in serious danger. If they can help resolve this without anyone else dying, I think that's a good end for everyone.

Do we know exactly when the parents started texting and asking for her whereabouts. Because all I can find is that it was on the 10th. Any indications it was earlier? Apologies if already covered

There's a really awesome timeline on page one of each thread where one of the posters, @oviedo, has made a great timeline. It was updated today too! Here's a copy of the section of the timeline that answers your question:

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - “No service in Yosemite”

August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify

SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone according to his parents, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
Gabbys Van enters at 10:26am Sept 1

Sept 2 -9: ?

Sept 2/3 or 9/10 - Neighbor spots BL outside mowing and bike ride with his Mom

Sept 2?-4?- neighbor says family went camping with the truck and camper for 3 days

SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Incident with Gabbys Dad -redacted police report Links her Dad to a police response at the home where his daughter lived with BL and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10.

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM

Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL -

thank you, that’s what I’m saying! More to the story? This is a TON of resources. More on a “very dangerous individual” level. My opinion.

I have been reading that public interest and pressure on this case is a record high. I believe that it has pushed LE to perform in ways they would not have 99% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44