Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back to the beginning to see what the initial reports were and I am convinced the parents were home on the 10th and 11th - we have reports of neighbors spotting him in their yard - I think the camping trip was Labor Day weekend and I do not think anyone spotted him in their yard after that camping trip.
JMO

Thank you for all your hard work to look this up and confirm the dates.

I feel they would have left as quickly as possible, if preparing for a get away/hiding. What I haven't worked out in my brain, is how would they cover their trail? With electronic technology/tracking, door cams, license plate readers, etc. it would take a great deal of planning and maybe others are involved

Moo

Where I live the ads play so often! On TV and radio! They come on so often, they play in my dreams too!
MOO
Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan. Same....Central FL here.

Do we know for sure if the cause of death has not been released or has not been determined? If it were a blow or choking, there would be obvious evidence found in autopsy. Skull fractures and a broken hyoid bone. But it seemed like they ware waiting for tox results meaning they found no obvious cause. But maybe it's just not being released yet.
Normally when a cause of death isn't released, it's because they are waiting on toxicology.

They called this a homicide though, so I think they likely do have a preliminary cause of death.

So it's possible they are waiting on tox to release the official cause of death, or maybe the coroner wants a second opinion or something.

Where does the blue heeler fit into this case? I guess I missed it. [I am the grandma of a Blue Heeler fur baby]
I gave up on that one. A few pages back I saw that someone asked why can't we find an alternative for "dog lady". So I suggested blue heeler lady. IIRC she said she was traveling with her blue heeler dog. Since then I've been attacked for not saying her "name", as though we're supposed to remember all the people, all their spouses, restaurant people, jeep people, sheriffs, neighbors, commentators, restaurant managers, etc. You know, all of what we write on the internet gets indexed on google, for key word searches. If I were this lady, I would rather not have my name plastered all over the place for google searchers, just because I helped out LE.

He had TONS of social media presence (pinterest, instagram, deviant art, his own designs featured prominently). I've looked at. hundreds of pictures - but they are not of his face. It's not that kind of social media presence (thankfully - we refuse to watch travel videos where it's mostly some person rambling on about their travels, we just like seeing the scenery - as the Bethunes seem to know).

Brian also does a lot of reading and has pictures of actual books - although I now think he grabbed the pictures off of the internet, but there's a picture from this trip with him in a hammock, with an actual book, not a kindle.

Have you seen the picture of the piano the two of them rescued and then he painted? It's amazing. Gabby put her touches into it too. That was fairly recent. But I gave up going back in time in Brian's SM after I got to around 2019. But it's literally hundreds of posts as well as likes of other people's work and so on. Hundreds of repins on pinterests, as well as his own uploads.
Agreed, that's a lot of social media presence, especially for a guy his age.... Pinterest? Strange, but likely because she used it so she could share with him. But one look at his Instagram and its clear how self-obsessed he was. Each picture is of him, how strong he is, how quirky he is, how people *strangers* are so impressed by him. He put on an air of being this holier than thou presence amongst the general public "this park is infested with humans" and how much he hated social media.... but its so clear he was much more desperate for attention than GP was on Instagram. GP posted cute little sentences and an emoji or two, he wrote monologues about himself and how much of a super hiker, barefoot, granola cruncher he was. I've met that kind of hipster type and the desperation drips off them. There's a big difference between being truly hippy dippy and being a self-obsessed narcissist.

For your information:
Sept. 1st. - Brian arrived home and is seen by his neighbors in North Port residence: biking with mother, working in garage with father, mowing lawn.
*Assuming the neighbor's observations are correct, if the camper left the residence late on Sept. 3rd., 4th., 5th. There were three full days to load Brian up and take him as far away as a day and a half drive would take them. After dropping him off, the return would be at least a day and a half.
Sept. 10th - Calls to BL and family from Gabby's parents go unanswered
Sept. 11th - Gabby's parents reported her missing.
Sept. 11th - Police visited the Laundrie residence, but made no contact with Brian.
On or before Sept. 11th. - The Laundrie lawyer is hired.
There is no subsequent LE contact with the Laundries (minus Brian) until Sept. 13th.

Sept. 13th. - The first public announcement from the Laundries comes from their lawyer. The lawyer claims he spoke to Brian via telephone on the 13th. and that he was in his parent's home at the time of the call.

The Laundrie lawyer has never met face-to-face with his clients.
LE has never met Brian face-to-face.
The neighbors were the last people, outside his immediate family, to actually see Brian Laundrie.
I think the Mustang story is a ruse.
I think the lawyer cannot be believed about Brian's whereabouts on the 13th.
* Sept 23rd. - After being questioned as to whether Brian is a danger to himself or the public, BL's lawyer responds, "No."

Last edited:
1. where did Rose ever say Gabby assaulted Brian?
2. cause and effect are missing in so many instances of this kind of thing. If I hit you in our home and then push you as we go out the door and then you slap my arm away as someone walks by, the scene is only going to be you slapping me.

I agree, people put their individual bias on a situation when they encounter it, much like that police officer did when he stated he had a "toxic wife" and then proceeded to put his ex-wife's face on Gabby. Additionally, toxic relationships include two people-and one can be an aggressor and the other can become aggressive as an effect. I'm not an aggressive person, but if someone grabs me on the street, I'm going to swing. I'm not an abusive parent, but if my child runs toward a busy street I'm going to grab them and pull them back. However if all someone witnesses is an adult grabbing a child's arm and yanking them, for all literal purposes, that would be abusive.

Sigh. Here's the facts, the LE did nothing wrong, in my eyes. They were working with what they had. They had never met Brian or Gabby before in their life. Gabby sadly made admissions that she was mentally unstable and Brian supported those admissions. Gabby admitted to be aggressive, Brian admitted to reacting to her aggressions by trying to hold her off. Neither wished to press charges and so they were released. We are viewing that video after a plethora of information has now come out and Gabby was found murdered. DV charges are serious, they affect your life and so they have to be considered carefully before being pressed. LE were face with two young people with their whole lives ahead of them and I believe they did a good job. I do, however, believe there was a breakdown in communication with local and state PD which resulted in the officers not being fully aware of the 911 call that originated this stop.

1. "Brian didn't want her to go out with me, so he took it,' she said. 'She was hysterical. She told me she slapped him and something about him pushing her'"

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

2. The problem is we don't really know which was the cause and which was the effect here, at least not yet. We can assume, as people have constantly done, that since she's a small girl whose not alive anymore and he's a guy who is, that he was the aggressor but we need more to go on than just that. People are so sure right now that it happened the way they imagine it in their head, because of the template of abuser they're inserting into it. Life and reality are far messier than that. We could live in a world where GP got physical when she got upset, and anytime BL put his hands on her was in self defense. Or it could be the opposite, and actually be the "reactive abuse" as some people claim. Time is the only thing that will tell with that.

I agree with your assessment of LE in this case. I think they went above and beyond to help both of them, with what information was available to them. Based on witness statement (Christopher) who they could have mistakenly thought was also the 911 caller, and the story from both GP and BL, on top of the evidence of clear scratches on BL, they came to the most logical conclusion imo. I was actually surprised they didn't arrest GP. Had it been GP with the same level of evidence on her face, with the story of BL hitting her, I think the outcome would have been very different, but that's a topic for a different discussion.

Also, when the LEO referred to his ex, he also included himself in that statement, saying he himself had anxiety and he and his wife would feed off each other. I think he did that trying to convey relativity so she would trust him and take his advice and separate for the night. I didn't see that as him trying to call GP toxic, I took it as moreso a commentary to their situation (being stuck in a van together for months) and how it reached this point.

100% agree though, there was a breakdown in communication with information.

Kind of looks like him but being Canadian, I can tell you flying into Canada from the US is not going to be easy. You most definitely need a passport and to answer a bunch of questions in regards to your reason for the travel, to get past security and it is not like you can just by pass security at the airport. Not to mention there is a lot of cameras. Not likely Canada sorry - MOO

she saw him at the hotel, not on a plane. He could have driven/been driven. Crossing the border in a vehicle is not difficult.

moo

I can see it happening. Especially since they have out of state council communicating on their behalf.

This was in response to Jose potentially representing the Laundrie's or just BL.

Yes, that's the exact feeling I got from all of this as well. His social media page shows him inside his own head alot. Introvert. With Rose stating how Gabby went home and slapped him after the ID incident, him being hit sounds like a regular occurrence. Gabby came off as someone who swings when she gets emotional. That's two incidents we heard now of Gabby swinging at him for this reason.

They seemed to be at the point where they were nitpicking at each other. With Gabby it was his confidence in her ability to create Nomadik Statik, and his overall messiness (sandy feet in van etc). With Brian, it appeared to be Gabby complaining alot (about how long they took at the coffee shop, her OCD, the anxious vibe she gave off and most likely her willingness to hit him. Both of their complaints can take it's toll on the other, being trapped together like that... and it came to a head in Moab.

Agree with this also. They had to have her father uber eats them IIRC. When you're broke, not only does it add a mountain of stress to an already stressful situation, but any extra charge can cause an incident much bigger than your average person who doesn't struggle with money can understand. Especially if the money is refused to be returned (which I don't know if we know the details of that yet?).

That's what I saw the hitchhiking as as well.. I thought they must have got into it again, whether Gabby started swinging or not we don't know, but Brian left for a while and then came back thinking things had cooled down when they probably hadn't. Possible Gabby got even more mad that he left her there alone with a van she can't drive. Or he accidentally took the keys? Purposely took the keys? Can't say yet. I think you're on the right track though.

There's so many differences between the two cases it's sad that people are trying to compare them. It's only because they somewhat look alike to a certain degree, and they both had a GF who was killed. The similarities end there.

We think alike. Also after the incident of Gabby getting killed (by accident or complete lack of control by Brian) per his past personality/character actions....he did not bury her ...he ran. First on foot, then probably realized that was not working, went back to get the van and drove home.

When there was no longer a way to hide that Gabby was missing he went into the swamp...or some other wilderness area? Did his parents take him somewhere else.

Snipped for clarity.

I think there's a couple of things about why her phone was as issue with Brian:

1) She used it to keep in regular contact with her mum and people like Brian don't want that. The power is in controlling every aspect of their lives and contact with 'the outside world' and especially her mum would have worried him. What was she telling her mum etc. Just like in the police stop when the police officer spoke to Gabby and when he went back to to Brian he asked what Gabby had said.

2) Using the phone uses its battery and charging it meant sitting in cafes etc for long periods of time. Brian didn't like this. The police stop was just after they'd been in a cafe for hours.

In summary, if he had the phone AND the car keys, he had ALL the power. It's all about power for him.
I wondered about the stop at the cafe/organic store in Moab, something mentions that they were there from 9am to 3pm...what in the world for? Does anyone anyone have more details about that by chance? That is a crazy long time to bop around at one store....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23