UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we have
1. First arrested man , now released , possibly the date
2. Different man arrested today
3. And a 3rd man of interest ? “The Met Police released an image of a man in the Pegler Square area that they are looking to speak to in connection to the investigation”

Yes. Although am now thinking potentially first person arrested was actually ex-boyfriend, not First Date, and second arrest, third person of interest are people known to the ex? Brothers, friends etc?

I posted a couple of days about a family member saying that Sabina was “struck from behind” but hadn’t seen this in the news reports outside of the family interview.

BBC had the quote here: Sabina Nessa murder: Family left devastated by teacher's death in Kidbrooke (though it also has the apparently incorrect detail from same family member that Sabina was coming home, and it seems she was going out).

I wonder now if they have had the CCTV images for a while and the family were informed about what The Telegraph is reporting, it seems this is footage showing right outside Sabina’s block of flats so would be one of the first cameras they went to look for.

That was my first thought at the start of this case and then I changed my mind when it sounded like it was random. Now I'm back to thinking this.
She had recently split with her partner and didn't an article say she wanted to move to Dubai? Was she trying to escape something?

Hope it is not the case but I can't think of another scenario that would involve multiple suspects. Now the Telegraph reporting that she was struck right outside her flat and carried to the park suggests whoever did it attempted to make it look like a random attack.

Yes. Although am now thinking potentially first person arrested was actually ex-boyfriend, not First Date, and second arrest, third person of interest are people known to the ex? Brothers, friends etc?

First person ex-bf? Didn't they say he was in his 40s? She is 28. Okay, not out of the question, but maybe one of your third POIs?

First person ex-bf? Didn't they say he was in his 40s? She is 28. Okay, not out of the question, but maybe one of your third POIs?

Obviously I don’t know anything more than you but I just felt it was odd if First Date was arrested rather than just questioned under caution (considering as far as we know he was just waiting in the pub for her). Although as I mentioned upthread could be police procedural reasons for that.

If the First Date is 40 I don’t see why the ex couldn’t be 40?

But pure speculation on my part.

I’m wondering if ex partner is maybe ex husband? Just trying to make it make sense.

The Met Police photo was so blurry, this isn’t great quality. But I used an app called Remini to make the picture slightly higher quality.

You can make his face out much better now, I think? His eye colour and hairline particularly

Attachments

• F7A5C839-806E-4721-A913-B7094813954F.jpeg
    F7A5C839-806E-4721-A913-B7094813954F.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 231
Some mates are dumb enough to do things for/with each other or drive a car or supply tools or keep a lookout. She seemed to be on good terms with at least one of her sisters and her male cousin, her sister was speaking about her sisters and family as being absolutely devastated. She said no mother or father should ever have to go through this so I highly doubt that her family did this or had it done via someone else.

That is why I wondered if the ex partner could actually be an ex husband. It’s not *her* family’s honour that is concerning me. They clearly loved her from what we’ve read.

So the park probably was deserted and not full of dog-walkers and joggers if someone could carry a body over his shoulder for a quarter of a mile and not raise suspicion. It also explains why the police didn't tell us anything about SN's clothing as it wasn't relevant as she didn't walk through the park. It's interesting how sometimes the police can give you clues by what they don't say.

I actually do not see this happening. Sabina was not living a repressed life,she was enjoying living in a flat, choosing how she dressed and earning her living doing a job she loved. I do not think it will portrayed as an honour killing if it is not.

You have more faith in the British press than me!

Man, 38, is arrested on suspicion of murdering Sabina Nessa | Daily Mail Online
''Scotland Yard has since released an appeal for another man and a silver vehicle that was seen on CCTV in the area they are hoping to identify which could provide a breakthrough in the case.

The man, pictured with balding, brown hair in grey tracksuit bottoms, a dark-coloured jacket and black shoes, was seen on CCTV in the Peglar Square area on the evening of Sabina's attack.''
48305965-10022515-image-a-33_1632425322156.jpg

The man, pictured with balding, dark hair in grey tracksuit bottoms, a dark-coloured hoodie and black shoes, was seen on CCTV in Peglar Square on the evening of Sabina's attack
48305967-10022515-image-a-34_1632425333960.jpg

Police have since released a separate appeal for another man and a vehicle that was seen on CCTV in the area they hope to identify which could provide a breakthrough in the case

''Police are urging anyone who might be able to identify the man and his vehicle to make contact with them immediately on 0208 721 4266 or by calling Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111.''

So the park probably was deserted and not full of dog-walkers and joggers if someone could carry a body over his shoulder for a quarter of a mile and not raise suspicion. It also explains why the police didn't tell us anything about SN's clothing as it wasn't relevant as she didn't walk through the park. It's interesting how sometimes the police can give you clues by what they don't say.

It was a big risk to take as he could not have known who might have been in the park and seen him carrying her.

The Met Police photo was so blurry, this isn’t great quality. But I used an app called Remini to make the picture slightly higher quality.

You can make his face out much better now, I think? His eye colour and hairline particularly

A noble effort, but - especially with images of such very low quality like this cctv still - Remini fills in facial features from a database of other existing faces/features. Those are literally chunks of other people's faces that the AI assumes might fit. It can be a terrific app in some cases, but only really when an image is somewhat clear to begin with. I'd say that this is likely to be a wildly inaccurate/misleading representation, and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

ETA: You might notice that the 'ear' on the Remini-enhanced image is, in fact, a hand... That's an example of the app making a 'best guess' but coming up with something that quite clearly can't be accurate. The app is certainly doing its best, but it's next to impossible to make anything out of that low-res mess of pixels that we have to go by.

Last edited:

Yes, I think the ‘dog walkers and joggers’ line was just the media’s way of saying ‘it’s not a rough area’. I have driven past quite often and on a weekend daytime it’s fairly busy with families etc, but in the evenings it’s pretty quiet.

Agree re the enigma that is police statements!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam