Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a covid mask pulled down around his chin

Yeah that was a mask. And my first thought was, if you're trying to hide your identity, a COVID mask would help you, not hurt, so why pull it down. Other than that it really did look a lot like him. Even the shadows on the forehead and sides of the eyes and the mole on the left check were all in the same spot. But it's not a lot to go on.

To those insisting Gabby was the aggressor:
1. The 911 caller stated “the gentlemen was slapping the girl”
2. Her best friend states BL was often jealous and controlling, citing specific examples of this
3. He appears to be a loner with no friends who still lives with his parents whereas she had many loved ones and didn’t seem to have any issues interacting with them
4. In the body cam video she is visibly upset and taking responsibility for the incident, also mentioning he doesn’t believe in her dreams, while he is making jokes and calling her crazy
5. In the restaurant incident he appears to be repeatedly bullying others despite how distraught it makes GP
6. She has been murdered and left in the dirt while he is in possession of her van and credit cards, not looking for her, not speaking to authorities or family, and now on the run.

Even if she was the aggressor, a male who is much bigger and stronger has a responsibility to walk away before he retaliates, knowing he is more likely to hurt her than vice versa. But that’s not what I see here anyway. I’ve been a psychologist for 25 years. In my experience and IMO this is an abusive man whose violence was escalating. Also IMO he is 100% responsible for her tragic death. MOO

I wish I could like this 100x

A crack in the facade IMO. He was playing the role of this goofy guy, friendly guy, just worried about his crazy girlfriend (his words).
Bolded and snipped by me.

Not to belabour the point since I've already said this before but he doesn't say "crazy girlfriend". Unless I am mistaken and missed it. Do you possibly have a timestamp? Seriously, I've watched the video and read the transcripts and I can't see it anywhere.

Just curious if anyone remembers what time LE announced they would be resuming the search at Carlton Reserve? Just had a thought that maybe they were able to corroborate the parents claim after they towed the mustang on Monday from the house by looking at the odometer or internal GPS.

IF her body was left exposed, how was he so sure she wouldn't be discovered?
That's the big question for me.
Also was her jewellery still on her when she was discovered or did he strip her of that too?
I suspect he was hoping local wildlife would find her before LE...

If this happened, his "problem" might go away.

261641B3-2C99-4FE7-99B9-F75ED8D209AB.jpeg
I think the most distinctive thing about his face is his eyes. They droop down at the outside corners, which is unusual.

So if spotters focus on his eyes (and his nose is also kind of round and on the big side) that will identify him. Not his clothes or dirty feet or backpack.
His right-hand tats are a sure Giveaway. I think if people focus on that we might catch this dude. MOO

ETA PIC

It could be the case that *IF* Brian’s parents are or have aided him in some way and are complicit that it is more one parent trying to protect him, and the other being co-erced/ threatened into going along with it.

It could easily be that one parent really does believe that BL should hand himself in to authorities, but the other parent maintains the control in the relationship so their ‘say’ is final.

If this is the case I can’t see it being long before tensions start to show…

MOO
You reminded me of something I noticed in the neighbors’ interview. The woman is talking about after Brian returned on the 1st and says she just assumed Gabby “was in the house with the parents (actually sounds like she starts to say mother) or the mother or whatever”. I don’t know why that struck me as odd.

Laundrie's Florida neighbors say family appeared to go 'camping' after boyfriend returned from Wyoming

The indictment stated the debit card was from Capital One Bank. The below is from their website.

If you authorize someone else to use your 360 Checking/Overdraft Line of Credit/Free Savings Transfer account or Card, you‘re responsible for everything that person does with your 360 Checking/Overdraft Line of Credit/ Free Savings Transfer account, including any losses, charges or penalties incurred as a result.

360 Checking Account Disclosures | Capital One

FBI: Federal arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie out of Wyoming, wanted for bank fraud

I have an account with Capital One. They're usually really good about suspicious activity/fraud alerts. They pride themselves of their security measures. There's a chance her account was frozen if they tried to contact her to check about anything that they deemed unusual (say multiple gas purchases in one town) and didn't get a reply.

I wonder if Capital One contacted the FBI when this case hit the media?

MOO.

I hear ya, but slow & steady & not having it all right helped them to lose their one & only POI so there’s that lol

/ jmo
If he was already gone by the time GP was formally reported missing, then surveillance the house would have rendered nothing.

Maybe BL figured that Gabby would not be found, at least so quickly, and the assumption would be that she is using her cards somewhere. I hope there is video surveillance of those purchases or withdrawals.

I was thinking the same thing -- using the watch or venmo/paypal would make it slightly more difficult to prove that she wasn't using it if her time of death couldn't be pinpointed. Except he used the card at a gas station in IL where he would at least be likely to be on camera. So I don't think that's it.

You're raising a good point. His parents are *not* doing him any favors *if* they know where he is. They better hope LE finds him first...and that he doesn't struggle.
*If* they have knowledge, they are indeed very foolish not to cooperate.

Amateur opinion and speculation

MOO
Agree, but IMO they know he's dead in that swamp and that's why they broke their silence and called LE in to get involved. Its why LE only seem to be searching like its a 9-5 job and saving on overtime pay. They know he's dead and they are searching for the remains. And for people who say, but they are using thermal imaging cameras at night. There are some that say you can pick up a dead body for weeks by the heat of the insect larval massing in the body. I don't know how accurate that is in field practice though.

Helicopter thermal imaging for detecting insect infested cadavers - PubMed

Now that we have a bank fraud indictment, I'd add that they are also not immune from the conspiracy to commit clause in that statute which would most certainly open them up to the investigative powers of the US Secret Service and the US Department of the Treasury. Their entire financial world is about to be exposed, and any hint that they may have been involved with Brian's bank fraud exposes them to a conspiracy charge. IMO, not a lawyer, but the indictment under that particular statute does more than just give them a reason to arrest Brian. It opens up the investigative door to the parents. They will need more than just a real estate attorney IMO. They are going to need someone who knows Federal banking fraud law, and probably tax fraud law too, depending on what dirt the investigation turns up.

So are BL's parents at the point where they can be told to stay put and don't leave the country, or does that never happen? I'm worried they are going to take off and go pick up their son somewhere and disappear with him.

the warrant actually states that the illegal activity took place after gabby's death...

Actually, the indictment didn't say a thing about Gabby or her death. And the warrant from many days ago that is public was before they'd found her body. Not sure where you got that from???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken