Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are BL's parents at the point where they can be told to stay put and don't leave the country, or does that never happen? I'm worried they are going to take off and go pick up their son somewhere and disappear with him.

No. they are not indicted. I am not a lawyer, I just read the federal statute to see what it entails and found the part about investigating and conspiracy. Since it's a fraud investigation and the powers in that statute also cover conspiracy, I believe that I can infer that his parents financials are now open for the Treasury and Secret Service to officially look in to. Again, no lawyer, but if I was them, I'd definitely want a lawyer that understands what powers the Secret Service and the Treasury Dept. have.
Actually, the indictment didn't say a thing about Gabby or her death. And the warrant from many days ago that is public was before they'd found her body. Not sure where you got that from???

The FBI twitter announcement says https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1441155529393389568
"Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito"

https://mobile.twitter.com/fox7austin/status/1441186898311925764

FOX 7 Austin
@fox7austin

A North Port law firm says it is offering a reward for information on the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie, who is a person of interest in the death of his fiancée Gabby Petito.

North Port law firm offers $20K reward for information on Brian Laundrie's whereabouts

The Boohoff Law Firm is offering a $20,000 reward to "the first person to supply information leading directly to the exact whereabouts" of Laundrie.
This is a much better incentive and unlike the other rewards offered today it does not require an “arrest” to collect. Hopefully it gets people in the know talking.

The feds likely want the final autopsy report before they bring the murder case to the grand jury. Since they know it’s coming, they likely don’t want to rush into it. A murder case is more complicated - this helps them capture him while they work through the legal process.

Don’t despair!
Can they add the charge later without going thru the Grand Jury?

IF her body was left exposed, how was he so sure she wouldn't be discovered?
That's the big question for me.
Also was her jewellery still on her when she was discovered or did he strip her of that too?

I was thinking Gabby's body was at least partially buried because of how quickly the evidence teams and coroner concluded their processing of the area. I'm basing this off of the news coverage I saw, which seemed to show officials confined their work to a relatively small area and were done relatively quickly (can't remember how many days, but not a week). If the body was fully exposed for weeks, then animal activity would probably disperse the remains to a larger area, making evidence collection take longer and occur over a widespread area. This is all just a guess. I have not seen all the news footage and some people claimed they viewed the body/burial site and it was later edited out of news footage.
This is all just opinion and conjecture.

There’s no federal death penalty.

Federal Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center
"The federal death penalty applies in all 50 states and U.S. territories but is used relatively rarely. About 45 prisoners are on the federal death row, most of whom are imprisoned in Terre Haute, Indiana. Sixteen federal executions have been carried out in the modern era, all by lethal injection, with 13 occurring in a six-month period between July 2020 and January 2021."

What is this guys plan? He drove her van home, he used her credit cards, he went back to his parents home and stayed there for days to just "disappear" in the Florida woods. He knew she was going to be reported missing. This makes NO sense. He could have been gone in her van to Mexico by the time he drove to Florida. Why did he come back home? He could have abandoned her van anywhere and disappeared. I just don't get it.

But he did!
He was utterly blatantly flying in the face of his actions, he expected impunity. Drove home, took the time to take her vehicle and empty her account(S) plural!
And hung out with his folks openly living his life until he did something else.
I'm seeing arrogance and entitlement here in mega doses.

Or maybe cold and methodical

https://mobile.twitter.com/thv11/status/1441190724431667200

THV11
@THV11

The Gabby Petito case has garnered the nation's attention. Advocates in Arkansas said the case has sparked important conversations about domestic abuse around the state and want to remind Arkansans of the resources that they have available to help.

Gabby Petito case brings attention to abuse epidemic in Arkansas | thv11.com
https://www.thv11.com/article/news/...demic/91-454b74ed-094e-4934-9772-3cf5466e612c
"This is bringing our attention to an epidemic we've been facing in the state of Arkansas,” he said.

According to Ramsey, Arkansas ranks 13th in the nation for domestic violence experiences, with 1-in-4 women having been a victim of abuse.

As an aside ...
Looks like they DID have money for a hotel room on Aug 12th like I suspected.
BL only acted like they didn't have money for it because he was hoping if he didnt that the police wouldn't separate them IMO.

I don't think this bum had any money of his own, this was Gabby's card and he was using to drive her van to his parent's home....

When he vanished from his parents' house, GP was missing but not yet found. His parents might have been willing to hide him for the time it took for attention to die down if she remained missing and never found. They might not have been all in on hiding him as a fugitive forever. It is possible that the parents are assisting LE now.
bbm
That would certainly be in their best interests.

However , based on what we've observed in msm articles and video clips, I wouldn't hold my breath.
MOO.

But he did!
He was utterly blatantly flying in the face of his actions, he expected impunity. Drove home, took the time to take her vehicle and empty her account(S) plural!
And hung out with his folks openly living his life until he did something else.
I'm seeing arrogance and entitlement here in mega doses.

But not intelligence...

https://twitter.com/thenewsoncnbc/status/1441183802676502533?s=20

"Somebody out there in the public knows something, heard something, saw something,”
@FrankFigliuzzi1
says about the search for Brian Laundrie. Adding he expects Brian Laundrie's parents summoned to a grand jury "...momentarily."

Here's the former assistant director of the FBI confirming what I've (we've) all been hoping. I really thought after the meeting today, it would have happened already. I'm still holding out hope that somehow today's Orlando meeting means they're cooperating and BL will be brought in over night. It's time for justice. I cannot watch another case go cold.

I don't think he did offed himself either. I think he disposed of a bunch of evidence in that nature preserve, like Gabby's phone, watch, maybe a murder weapon, and then he took off elsewhere.

That would also explain why LE is in no hurry to find a dangerous fugitive and search longer hours. Maybe they are just looking for evidence that he took with him in that backpack.

All speculation on my part. Even with just a body to find, you would think there would be some urgency to find him, due to wildlife in the park. (Gators) And I don't see how they would know for sure he was dead.

Why wouldn't he have disposed of the evidence from Sep 1st-Sep 10th? Why wait until it becomes known that she is missing to dispose of it?

Yes. Checking and/or savings. Could also be a brokerage account that comes with a card or checks, but I highly doubt she had a brokerage account or a lot of money (more than a few thousand). Remember, you can also transfer money between/with phones via venmo, paypal, zelle, etc.

I’m sure he switched over to using the Mum & Dads money as soon as he hit their driveway and bank.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member