Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t something said about there being showers near where he was originally picked up on the 29th? Does anyone know if those were the closest ones to the campground? I’m sure he would have wanted to wash off any evidence. And that would be why he appeared clean and not like he had been hiking for two days as the first person who picked up was quoted as saying.

Yes, he was at Colter Bay. There are showers there.

According to the GTNP website Eating & Sleeping - Grand Teton National Park (U.S. National Park Service), these are the options:

"Public shower facilities are available at Colter Bay, Signal Mountain, and Headwaters at Flagg Ranch."

It looks to me like Signal Mountain is probably closer to Spread Creek Campground, but it's not as well known. Colter Bay is a major stop, really a small town, and would be a lot more anonymous.

I wonder if they were on a pc, their own phones,

You just made me wonder if maybe he is coming down now for the winter. Maybe he has a second home in Orlando where BL has been. But can lawyers legally do that?

Their lawyer has already come out and said he doesn't know where Brian is. So, wouldn't that get him in trouble with his law license at the very least if he was found harboring a fugitive?

Have we turned a generational circle on picking up hitchhikers? I am thankful if these people ultimately provide pieces of the puzzle for GP’s family but my Gen X self was terrified of strangers so I’m a bit shocked.

And if we find a Bible really did launch itself into BL’s lap…. Well then. Lol.

IMO.

Its a
When did picking up hitchhikers become safe and acceptable? Maybe I’m old at 53, but we grew up with the teaching that not all were bad but some may be, so best to ignore them for your own safety. I know; unrelated to the case at hand but now we have two women who have picked up a male. Curious if the younger generation is oblivious to danger!
acceptable in hiking communities and hiking areas. People do it all the time.

You guys will correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Brian's lawyer the one person with whom he could be staying? imo.

If BL is staying with a lawyer (doubtful, imo), that will have changed now that a Federal arrest warrant has been issued.

When did picking up hitchhikers become safe and acceptable? Maybe I’m old at 53, but we grew up with the teaching that not all were bad but some may be, so best to ignore them for your own safety. I know; unrelated to the case at hand but now we have two women who have picked up a male. Curious if the younger generation is oblivious to danger!

I think they've never read any Ann Rule books!

Their lawyer has already come out and said he doesn't know where Brian is. So, wouldn't that get him in trouble with his law license at the very least if he was found harboring a fugitive?

I don't know, but yes, it's doubtful that he would say that if he knew where he was. imo.

Why would they need wi-fi? I'm assuming they have internet at home. If they're emailing him, the message would be on their account and their phone/device in either scenario. Same if they were calling him. The only benefit to the library would be using a computer that wasn't theirs, but having it public knowledge they were there and most libraries would require your library card to log into a computer, so they would be able to find out everything they did. Then again, they may not have realized this.

They are being closely followed by LE. Imo, they didn't go into the library to use the wifi imvso

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking

EXCLUSIVE: A second woman has come forward to say she gave a hitchhiking Brian Laundrie a ride in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming on Aug. 29, two days after Gabby Petito was last seen.

Norma Jean Jalovec, a seasonal Wyoming resident from Florida, told Fox News Digital on Friday that after seeing Baker's TikTok video, she realized she had also picked up Laundrie on Aug. 29 and dropped him off around 6:30 or 6:40 MST at the Spread Creek dispersed camping area, where Petito's remains were discovered weeks later.

Jalovec said she spontaneously decided to visit a Catholic church called Chapel of the Sacred Heart in Grand Teton National Park that Sunday for its 5 p.m. MST service. The church is about 1.2 miles from Jackson Lake Dam, where Baker said she dropped Laundrie off after he "freaked out" and asked to get out of the couple's Jeep.

Jalovec said she picked him up around 6:15 or 6:20 past the dam on a stretch of road toward Spread Creek. He was walking backward and holding out his thumb, like so many do in that area of the National Park, she told Fox News.

"I picked him up…" Jelovec said. "… Something just said, 'Hey, ask him where he’s going.'"

Laundrie, who sat in the passenger seat of Jalovec's 4Runner, asked if she was going to Jackson. When she told him no because she lives in the opposite direction, he asked her if she'd drop him off at the Spread Creek dispersed camping area, which she agreed to, Jalovec said.

Spread Creek is about a 20-minute drive from the dam.

"Everything's legitimate. Everything's corroborated. I already talked to the FBI," Jalovec said, adding that she didn't realize she had given a ride to Laundrie until after she saw Baker's TikTok video and emphasized the important role social media has played in helping to solve this case.

Jalovec described having the same small talk with Laundrie that Baker reported in her TikTok. He told her that he spent time hiking near Snake River and that he had a fiancé. He told her he had seen elk and moose but no bison, and when she asked him if he needed any gas money, he said no.

On the ride to Spread Creek, Jalovec said she took a sharp right turn, causing a Bible on her dashboard to fall onto Laundrie's lap. He picked up the book and put it back on the dashboard.

The 23-year-old asked Jalovec to drop him off at the gate of the remote campground, which has a single dirt road that extends miles to various camping sites in the area; at 6:30 p.m. MST in August, there would have still been some daylight to see into the camping area. Jalovec responded saying she could drive him inside, which is when he tried to "get out of the moving car," she said.

Jalovec said she joked with Laundrie about wanting to impress his fiancé by hiking into the campground rather than hitching a ride, but he only responded by insisting that he be let out of the vehicle.

This is huge! Didn’t know there was a 2nd person who picked him up and took him to the campground entrance/gate/road. Thank you for posting!

Why would they need wi-fi? I'm assuming they have internet at home. If they're emailing him, the message would be on their account and their phone/device in either scenario. Same if they were calling him. The only benefit to the library would be using a computer that wasn't theirs, but having it public knowledge they were there and most libraries would require your library card to log into a computer, so they would be able to find out everything they did. Then again, they may not have realized this.

I believe that the police took all their computers.

Have we turned a generational circle on picking up hitchhikers? I am thankful if these people ultimately provide pieces of the puzzle for GP’s family but my Gen X self was terrified of strangers so I’m a bit shocked.

And if we find a Bible really did launch itself into BL’s lap…. Well then. Lol.

IMO.
I'm taking it that it's more common in certain regions, and in national parks...

Yes, he was at Colter Bay. There are showers there.

According to the GTNP website Eating & Sleeping - Grand Teton National Park (U.S. National Park Service), these are the options:

"Public shower facilities are available at Colter Bay, Signal Mountain, and Headwaters at Flagg Ranch."

It looks to me like Signal Mountain is probably closer to Spread Creek Campground, but it's not as well known. Colter Bay is a major stop, really a small town, and would be a lot more anonymous.

so IMO its the most plausible that he was dirty and perhaps bloody (we dont know about this yet), and probably walked to the showers to clean up, and clean his bloody (maybe) tarp that he (maybe) dragged her body on. the first hitchhiker picking up lady (?) said he was too clean to have been sleeping on a tarp, even though thats what he told her. she (i believe) said he didnt look dirty or haggard enough to have been sleeping outside at all.

He was probably nervous about leaving Gabby near his getaway vehicle, and had to hitchike back to get there faster.

I can't find the comment now but I believe the Appalachians are mountains/system of mountain ranges, in which the AT is at.

Yes, but my point was no one calls the AT “in the Appalachians”. It may be topographically correct but is in no way a term of general usage. It is a term someone unfamiliar with hiking it would use.

People call the various ranges ALONG the AT by their names. You’d be hiking the “whites”, the white mountains in NH, the Adirondacks Ny, the Berkshires Ma, the Greens, VT. A geologist may call it the Appalachians but no hiker would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member