Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so many options for living with a disguise; a good toupee and a shave, or dress in drag. An hijab, or a niqab which only leaves the eyes uncovered, in plain sight in a city with a Muslim population, just to name a few.
And fake ID which is relatively easy to buy in Florida or any US city.
Wear a mask. Done.

I don't actually see a length of time before something is considered abandoned, though. Admittedly, I'm looking in my phone and this writing is very tiny.

Compliments of @oviedo
LAST UPDATED 10:30 AM EST SEPT. 23

Sept 19 - FBI press conference - offers condolences to Gabby's family - body found believed to be Gabby

Found near where the van bloggers video showed the van parked on August 27 (6-6:3opm)

Investigators left a cross made from rocks at the site where Gabby's body was found

Although it's a small point, I wish we could put the conflicting information about the first, larger cross to bed.

"Gary Rider, a friend of Gabby’s stepfather Jim Schmidt, said the pair had visited the site on Wednesday and that they had left some flowers next to the other cross.

“We did go – the small cross with flowers was made by Jim and myself,” Mr Rider told The Independent.

That larger cross was not done by anyone connected with the search or recovery of Gabby.

Mr Rider, who organised a https://www.********.com/f/help-us-find-gabby campaign to help in the search, added: “It was just a coincidence, we confirmed that.

Gabby Petito: Stepfather lays flowers at site where YouTuber’s body was found

Per Florida 705 notice says: NOTICE TO THE OWNER AND ALL PERSONS INTERESTED IN THE ATTACHED PROPERTY. This property, to wit: (setting forth brief description) is unlawfully upon public property known as (setting forth brief description of location) and must be removed within 5 days; otherwise, it will be removed and disposed of pursuant to chapter 705, Florida Statutes. The owner will be liable for the costs of removal, storage, and publication of notice. Dated this: (setting forth the date of posting of notice) , signed: (setting forth name, title, address, and telephone number of law enforcement officer) .

Soooo, really that kind of depends. 5 days is a bit of a window.
so, it was NOT a parking spot. jmo Maybe LE called Laundries and told them to pick up the car..................otherwise, how would they know where to find it?

The indictment says "From on or about August 30th 2021 through, and including September 1, 2021 in the District of Wyoming and elsewhere...by such conduct obtained things of value...". Which means that he did these things in Wyoming and other places. I would bet that he fueled up in Wyoming before leaving on the trip. But I guess it's possible that he simply obtained the card in Wyoming.

What I find interesting is that it seems to put him in Wyoming on the 30th. That's later than many people believed.

Not really- if we take into account the encounters in the 29th which place him in/near Jackson around 6:30, he still had to get to the van and get himself together. Even leaving at 7, he’s still in Wyoming at 12:01 am the next day- it’s 6-7 hour drive from Jackson to Cheyenne. If he filled up in let’s say Rawlins, it may already be the 30th. Wyoming is flipping huge. Not Texas huge, but still pretty big.

Okay so I know I’ve been bringing a lot of my thoughts on info this evening. But I can’t get this issue out of my mind since I am from Louisiana. I want to believe (and have believed) that BL was fully able to make the trip from where they were to Florida in approximately 48 hours? That’s the time frame I’ve been seeing on here. That yes, it’s possible…he could have done that…with no sleep, etc. But because I’m from Louisiana, I feel inclined to remind others of what we experienced during these key dates that he had been said to have been driving to Florida…Hurricane Ida. This storm was SLOW. It sat over us here in New Orleans for SO long which slowed it’s path down going into the rest of the country. I’m just wondering how BL was able to navigate around this B of a storm after doing what we believe he did do and make it back to Florida on the 1st? I have found the best radar loop of Ida to share with y’all. I would love to know everyone’s opinions with this wrench thrown into the situation. because it’s been steady on my mind with the dates so so close to the wrath of what we experienced down here. We’ve heard on here…sure, it’s possible He can drive without sleep…but can he do that thru a tropical storm?

You make a good point and if I were him I would have altered my route around Ida, i.e. not taking 10 but a more northerly route East such as 40 or whatever before turning south.

But as long as the storm weakened from a hurricane he shouldn’t have really had an issue driving in it. There may have been bad pockets to cause him trouble but overall he was probably fine. And he could have turned south as the storm took off northeast so he probably only had to contend with the southern side of it if he routed himself well. Southern LA gal here as well so I’m thinking he probably just didn’t come back via 10.

Both streets are very close to the reserve……. And yesterday they seemed to kind of be focusing on the north side of 75 straight north of Delmar.

I'm going to push this one a little harder because I think it could be so important! One or more of the Laundries were involved in an "incident" a few blocks away from the reserve on the 18th! Who? What were they doing there? It doesn't have to be about the Mustang - and probably isn't. Why were the police involved?

IMO It speaks volumes about the parents and why Brian turned out the way he did.
I really can't speak to that. I don't know anything about them or their history. I do feel at some point kids have to accept responsibility for their own crap and seems like he didn't. Maybe his parents fault...maybe not. Like I said I don't know. Hopefully soon pieces may fit together and we'll have a clearer understanding.

Okay guys. Corner of Balboa and Delmar.. a driveway.. to no house? Is it possible he could be hiding there? In the redacted report does it say WHO was there?

Attachments

• 2BD1B491-1EDB-46B6-B201-3E1860E9D7ED.jpeg
    2BD1B491-1EDB-46B6-B201-3E1860E9D7ED.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 72
Yes, she may have been embarrassed. But she felt comfortable enough to call her after the DV incident in order to calm down, apparently. Her mom said she wasn't sure where the relationship was going at that point so Gabby must have said something to indicate things weren't going well. Imo
And she’s comfortable (or brave) enough to go back into the restaurant where her BF made a scene and apologize to the staff. I’d say at some level she knew what she was enduring. Poor sweet GP needed an intervention at this point. So sad and dreadful to think of what she was going to face. Breaks my heart.

Well, I would have been prepared to respond, but I really expected everyone to hone in on that suspicious activity on the 18th on the empty road lol

Well, I'll bite. It peaked my curiosity.
I wonder who witnessed it, as there aren't many homes around there?
A driver in another car?

I also wonder what the suspicious incident was, or at least looked like to the witness?

I have only attempted to create a video once in my life and wanted it to be perfect. It was less than 5 minutes long and it took me several days of working on it with no less than 30 hours I had put into it.

Oy, same! I can be sucked in for hours and days doing any sort of website design, coding, and video editing work (as a hobby)...because I know enough to know how to do it...but not enough to know how to do it efficiently!

Now that he is officially a suspect, he is also a fugitive from justice. Anyone who assists him to avoid capture will face charges of aiding and abetting.

I keep reading about the parents' "new" truck camper. Was there a prior camper?

Because her family was contacting them asking where Gabby was? Why would they refuse to answer? Then, because a missing persons report was made? Why would they refuse to speak to the police who came to their door, instead just handing them their lawyers information and closing the door? And finally, because Gabby’s family put out a public statement BEGGING them to share what they know. BEGGING. Ignored again. But sure, they thought everything was just fine. I don’t think so. Their behavior is unfathomable to me. As a parent of a 22yo daughter I can’t imagine the pain, frustration, and desperation Gabby’s family must have felt. It was callous, cold and cruel.
And why wouldn't they pick up their phone? Why would they need an attorney? I think the entire dang family knew Gabby was dead.

Per Florida 705 notice says: NOTICE TO THE OWNER AND ALL PERSONS INTERESTED IN THE ATTACHED PROPERTY. This property, to wit: (setting forth brief description) is unlawfully upon public property known as (setting forth brief description of location) and must be removed within 5 days; otherwise, it will be removed and disposed of pursuant to chapter 705, Florida Statutes. The owner will be liable for the costs of removal, storage, and publication of notice. Dated this: (setting forth the date of posting of notice) , signed: (setting forth name, title, address, and telephone number of law enforcement officer) .

Soooo, really that kind of depends. 5 days is a bit of a window.

So why did BL's parents swoop in a pick up the care so fast? This would mean that they were leaving BL no way to get home - if you believe their story -

I have been involved with many successful searches for suicidal/despondant people and out of all the searches I have done the bare minimum is taken so they can successfully carry out their plan.

I can also tell you I was not involved with the ground search for my cousin but I am aware she did have a bag with her and that is what she carried the rope in she used to hang herself.

I'm not sure if the information is available but I would be very curious to know how full was this backpack...

No phone or wallet, but a large backpack?

I agree. This is central time on the radar loop. However, I would also like to point out that if his GPS tried to take him anywhere where there were interstate closures, it would be more difficult for him to get there. I will do more research on the interstate and road closures along his projected GPS path to Florida. As well as any tornado warnings and flooding along that route. I’m interested to know as well.

Yea the timeline is gonna be crucial, to get to Northport by 10m he could have been holed up anywhere the night before, the hard part is he doesn't leave paper trail I could see him staying at a rest stop sleeping a few, or hell he could have driven straight through. Do rest-stops have cameras? Cause it will take eyewitnesses otherwise

I don’t think he’s going to hurt himself. He likes books about trickery, deception, and slight of hand. He’s playing a game. His parents aren’t acting like he’s missing or dead.

As for using Gabby’s card, the coroner was able to figure out a time of death and LE knows he knew she was dead when he used her card.

Agree, if they thought he was dead they wouldn’t be lawyered up in the ‘way’ that they are. They also wouldn’t have waited that amount of time to report him missing if they didn’t know that he was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member