Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'm not sure why this is being discussed, but i have to point out a situation based on the experience of a family member, given the fact that the video posted earlier of the laundries in their truck clearly showed her wearing a compression sleeve on her right arm...this is commonly worn by patients who suffer from lymphedema...my family member also had a similar insulated bag (with a crossbody strap) for carrying a portable chemo pump...i have no idea if this is relevant to her situation, but it is a possibility, and i feel bad that it is being discussed here.

I’m just here, lurking with my mouth open wide… shocked….. so many possibilities and so many questions to questions. Looking at the buddy can footage of her in the backseat still just breaks y whole heart.
I’ve read here somewhere amongst the 1500 pages we have, gunshot being mentioned in possible speculations if the corner saying Homicide . And even now in CNN… Im wondering if BL shot her. There was a gun in his room in a old photo posted. Idk.
That gun had graphics on it, and was from a date when he wasn't legally able to buy a handgun. There's a lot of speculation about a gun, it seems pretty unlikely. Your first gun isn't one with graphics, rather, it's one you can buy cheap or admire its accuracy/action. Guns of art come much later in life, if at all. I'd say that was a pellet gun or some decoration, not something he carried around years later for serious protection or use.

Also, I'm not understanding how people think LE spray painted over a perceived bullet penetration point on a tree. Aside from the likelihood of hitting a tree like that, why would LE spray paint all over it to say "yep, bullet hole right here. Let me just spray this paint all over it." Doesn't make sense.

Something that has bothered me since I first heard about it - that BL would leave G by herself in a hotel For a week while he was off doing God knows what. It does not fit his DV method of operation. He wanted to be with her 24/7, keeping a close eye on her because he was controlling her day to day life. I think he was probably with her at the hotel but they told family that he wasn't there. He was much too controlling to leave her by Herself

Met up with him at the car at the reserve?! I have no clue how this happened, but apparently…this whole time…I’ve completely missed the fact that his parents met up with him AT the car. Has that been the case the whole time? If so I think my mind is blown

No, unless I missed something from LE saying that today, this is that poster’s assumption and shouldn’t be stated as a fact.

I think he will be found in the next few days. Maybe a week. He may have been to the swamp, but just to leave his scent. I believe his parents helped him to hide. If so, I hope they are charged. I just don't see him making it long away from mama and daddy. I don't believe the stories about him being a great and experienced hiker/camper. He doesn't appear to be self reliant. All signs point to him being utterly dependent on his parents or Gabby to carry the load. <modsnip>

I agree. You can work for days on unpublished web pages AND blog posts AND videos. If she was trying to be a pro, she would have waited to publish until she had enough material to keep it consistent without gaps on content. So, I think she may have been "hoarding" content, keeping it unpublished for a while. MOO.

I haven't said this out loud yet, but I found her video on YouTube a strange choice. It's very long for an intro video, in my opinion. Just thinking out loud. I've tried being a blogger and YouTube, but couldn't sustain the energy required
I like her video very much. She was a great photographer, too. Lots of potential & ingenuity. I'm sorry her light has been extinguished far too soon. I am also impressed by the single women van lifers who have come forward as witnesses. GP could have found some amazing mentors if her life had been valued more by people she trusted.
JMO

This whole situation is strange IMO. BL supposedly goes to FL, any proof? If he didn't; where did he go?

Zero proof at this point. As far as I know it was only ever mentioned once by those directly involved. Maybe he was there the whole time and they just needed a break from traveling... or maybe they needed a break from each other. We know from her mother that there were apparently increasing tensions between them.

Could he have been setting up caches somewhere to plan for hiding in advance of what happened

He doesn't hide her body, the usage of her bank accounts, or the van but he's planning in advance to hide once he comes home? It doesn't seem likely to me.

This whole situation is strange IMO. BL supposedly goes to FL, any proof? If he didn't; where did he go?
Could he have been setting up caches somewhere to plan for hiding in advance of what happened
Anything is possible isn't it?
What else is he into?
Who are his associates?
Did he have a belief system, old or learned that was so antithetical to hers that it was a constant source of conflict if not danger?
Does it have anything to do with the reason she is dead?
When is the last time he left USA and where did he go?

Scenario for Pity: He came home "crying" about how GP broke the engagement, and ran off with another guy in his Winnebago. She said he could have her camper van. His heart is broken. His life is over. She doesn't want to see him. She also stole some of his money and clothes. She broke his heart. So he asked them not to even talk to her or her folks, blah-de-blah-de-blah. Moped around the house, went into his room and cried himself to sleep. And they bought it... for a while. All he wants now is a Not Happy Pity Party.
How's that?
I can't wrap my head around this: I cannot see her willingly leaving her van with BL with all her stuff in it. Maybe BL's parents are gullible. MOO If he did that, why run? If she left him, why would he hide? Makes no sense to me

Something that has bothered me since I first heard about it - that BL would leave G by herself in a hotel For a week while he was off doing God knows what. It does not fit his DV method of operation. He wanted to be with her 24/7, keeping a close eye on her because he was controlling her day to day life. I think he was probably with her at the hotel but they told family that he wasn't there. He was much too controlling to leave her by Herself
MOO - I believe they broke up. He flew home. While he was there, he and his father moved her stuff. Then they made up, he flew back, and voila! they were engaged again. Not a nice pattern, but it fits with what we know about them and the 911 call.

Actually, the warrant said it was a Capital One 360 account. That's not a credit card. These are bank accounts with debit cards. Very different.
Thanks for the clarification I had no idea that Capitol One has a banking card. I would imagine it still won't matter of he had put money in the account if she is the only authorized user. Pure speculation that he did.

That gun had graphics on it, and was from a date when he wasn't legally able to buy a handgun. There's a lot of speculation about a gun, it seems pretty unlikely. Your first gun isn't one with graphics, rather, it's one you can buy cheap or admire its accuracy/action. Guns of art come much later in life, if at all. I'd say that was a pellet gun or some decoration, not something he carried around years later for serious protection or use.

Also, I'm not understanding how people think LE spray painted over a perceived bullet penetration point on a tree. Aside from the likelihood of hitting a tree like that, why would LE spray paint all over it to say "yep, bullet hole right here. Let me just spray this paint all over it." Doesn't make sense.

And.. there were campers on spread creek. A shot can be heard for a long way in a valley like that. In anger, there would be multiple shots. It pretty easy for a guy his size to critically hurt a 5'5" 110 person.

Anything is possible isn't it?
What else is he into?
Who are his associates?
Did he have a belief system, old or learned that was so antithetical to hers that it was a constant source of conflict if not danger?
Does it have anything to do with the reason she is dead?
When is the last time he left USA and where did he go?
All good questions, we may never know answers to. Even if he is found alive, i highly doubt he'll tell the actual truth about what happened to Gabby. There (i assume) no witnesses to her death. If it's his word against whatever evidence they have, he could potentially walk away from this with no charges or anything.

That does seem strange now that you mention it. I've know women in DV situations and the one time the guy would leave them be was if he really hurt them badly and maybe didn't want to see the damage or didn't want to be around in case police were called. I did see one video where, in my opinion, G's eye looked very puffy. This could've been from DV or a hard cry. This was in that Vanlife youtube video. Not sure where the stay at the hotel and the vanlife video fit in the timeline but looks like damage to the eye to her right.

I can't wrap my head around this: I cannot see her willingly leaving her van with BL with all her stuff in it. Maybe BL's parents are gullible. MOO If he did that, why run? If she left him, why would he hide? Makes no sense to me
Yeah. She wouldn't have left her hard drive in the van if she gave the van to BL.

Honestly, I can't "wrap my head around" any of the suggestions that she got involved with anybody else. It doesn't fit what we've seen of her personality, and I've met maybe two 22-year-old females in my long life who would do something like that. The only people I've met who would even think something like this are young males.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo