Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sentiments exactly. This goes beyond the pale!

If he is where they believe he is, in the reserve, this would do nothing but give fodder to the press. He can't watch TV press conference in the reserve and is without his phone. So them pleading on national TV would be for our benefit and not their sons.

Does anyone have information or theories about why BL felt the need to get home so quickly, by September 1?

I appreciated the information about Hurricane Ida, had not even thought of that!

But I can't make any of it make sense. He could have bopper anywhere in that van, seems like he is comfortable alone for stretches of time. No one tried to hide the van, so that can't be the reason, in fact, if he knew she was dead, going home seems odd, unless he knew exactly where he was going to hide.

I just don't understand what was compelling him to cover so many miles SO quickly. I wondered if something else had happened at home-some other sort of emergency....strange case, for sure!

If he is where they believe he is, in the reserve, this would do nothing but give fodder to the press. He can't watch TV press conference in the reserve and is without his phone. So them pleading on national TV would be for our benefit and not their sons.

If I was on the run, I would leave my phone at home. But I would quickly pick up a burner.

What I don't understand is why people are only just coming forward NOW about it.

Does that not seem suspicious to you!? This case has been making the news worldwide for 2 weeks now.

It just seems slightly odd to me that someone would only just recall that they picked up BL at the time this all happened..

JMO
I'm not sure. I'm guessing that some people out that way travelling aren't glued to the news for many reasons or haven't been playing close attention, given that they're travelling, enjoying the outdoors and sharing their experiences.

Do kids have to take Spanish in school in New York State or is it optional? Would BL have a working knowledge of Spanish? Did anyone here go to school with him? Could he blend in to a Spanish speaking country?
And most importantly, is anyone aware of a site like this one in Spanish? Does Mexico or another country in South America have a site like this where we should post in Spanish his picture and a brief description of what’s happening.

YESSS! This was something I heard in the beginning. That as long as he was charged with something federally his parents could be summoned before a grand jury... where THEY CANNOT PLEAD the 5th!
They would have to answer questions in regards to him coming back and in this case use of Gabby's debit card. While its not directly connected to the homicide, as soon as that coroner releases cause of death, they are still on the hook. a lot can happen between then and now, but bottom line THEY ARE ON THE HOOK!
They can still plead the 5th and refuse to answer questions, no one can force you to speak and the constitution protects you from self-incriminating statements, however they can be compelled to appear.

I do not believe the hitchhiker story. I believe it was his way of using it as an alibi.

I do believe he got in a fight with Gabby, potentially two way. He then left her for dead and ran. When he came back, he saw that she had died and he legged it.

I don’t think it’s as “clear cut” as murder and I think there are sufficient grey areas in his and his parents minds that means they believe he has a mitigating circumstance. I’m not saying I agree with them.

His parents are coming across as cold hearted but I think they have had enough doubt to want to see a lawyer and the lawyer has told them to stay quiet. I don’t think they know all the details of the case and they are trying to give the benefit of the doubt to their son. Between a rock and a hard place for those parents and I do have some sympathy for them.

of course, if it comes out that against human nature and reasonableness they did in fact know the details and still chose to be obstructive, the courts should throw the book at them. I just don’t think it’s as clear cut as people try to make it on here. MOO

Last edited:
When a person cuts off from family and friends and leaves no trace, the likely scenario on balance of probability is they are deceased.
Gabby went silent since end of august, it was clear she was going to be found deceased and only a matter of time.
I do not buy the masses of conspiracy theories that he’s being hidden and on the run. I believe he will have killed himself and that is why there is zero trace.
It will be more difficult to find him deceased than a living and breathing person that needs to eat / sleep / drink / connect with friends and family / travel, where a trail will be left behind. MOO

Absolutely right, in my opinion; I will “eat my hat” if he turns up alive at this point.

Does anyone have information or theories about why BL felt the need to get home so quickly, by September 1?

I appreciated the information about Hurricane Ida, had not even thought of that!

But I can't make any of it make sense. He could have bopper anywhere in that van, seems like he is comfortable alone for stretches of time. No one tried to hide the van, so that can't be the reason, in fact, if he knew she was dead, going home seems odd, unless he knew exactly where he was going to hide.

I just don't understand what was compelling him to cover so many miles SO quickly. I wondered if something else had happened at home-some other sort of emergency....strange case, for sure!

I was also traveling through Ida it wouldn't have affected his route at all the way it hit and went northeast. I think he drove as fast as possible and never left the vehicle out of his control until he could get back to Florida and clean it up with the help of the parents. He also wasn't trying to be seen or stopped, so using the card on the outdoor gas and avoiding hotel stays, basically getting home asap the start phase II.... go into hiding

I have a question about the restaurant sighting, I’m sorry if it’s been addressed I just can’t keep up with these threads 100%, I work full time

Do we know that this sighting is confirmed to be them? I’m sure they have cameras and it would be easy to rule in or out. If so, how far is this restaurant from where Gabby was found? Their van was already spotted in that area the day before, correct?
Thank you! Everyone on this thread is doing amazing work.

The manager has confirmed. I expect the FBI have looked at card statements and area footage. THE FBI have not confirmed definitely them. Its about an 1 hour 15 minutes. But spread creek is long, not sure exactly the point they camped

I do not believe the hitchhiker story. I believe it was his way of using it as an alibi.

I do believe he got in a fight with Gabby, potentially two way. He then left her for dead and ran. When he came back, he saw that she had died and he legged it.

I don’t think it’s as “clear cut” as murder and I think there are sufficient grey areas in his and his parents minds that means they believe he has a mitigating circumstance. I’m not saying I agree with them.

His parents are coming across as cold hearted but I think they have had enough doubt to want to see a lawyer and the lawyer has told them to stay quiet. I don’t think they know all the details of the case and they are trying to give the benefit of the doubt to their son. Between a rock and a hard place for those parents and I do have some sympathy for them.

of course, if it comes out that against human nature and reasonableness they did in fact know the details and still chose to be obstructive, the courts should through the book at them. I just don’t think it’s as clear cut as people try to make it on here. MOO

But, her death was ruled as a homicide and not accidental or undetermined. There is definitive proof, of which we are not privy, that her life was taken by another.

wait..now they are worried? it's weird there has been no pleading "BL if you are out there please contact us " sort of communication from family.

—Not worried because they know he is safe.
—Did they hire/meet with another attorney for their own interests or in preparation for defense when BL is found?
—If they were convinced that he left to harm himself, why would they need an attorney to represent him?
—They certainly don’t act like parents who are worried about the status of their child (although considering the circumstances they would not issue pleas).

The mustang was a plant. But if he is truly in that reserve he is not alive. I still believe someone parked the car there to make it look like he was/is there.

It’s difficult to believe that no one in that neighborhood had surveillance video. Hopefully LE jumped on that early and asked them not to reveal what they recorded.

ALL MOO of course

Gabby Petito: New details emerge about Brian Laundrie's behavior in the days after his fiance went missing - CNN

Talks about parents contacting FBI due to concerns he BL may harm himself

"Laundrie left his parents' home without his cell phone and wallet on the last day they reported seeing him. Laundrie's parents were concerned that he might hurt himself, the source said."

He can always get a burner phone, and I wonder if he removed anything from that wallet - though any credit card activity can be traced. This doesn't really convince me he was planning to die. He could be smarter than we think. MOO

<modsnip: Removed opinion stated as fact>

As for BL, he is not in the reserve. Just a diversion. He will be somewhere familiar to him and the family. Regardless of what other people his age say about his supposedly exceptional survival skills, he is 23yo. Their idea of camping is doing so with wifi out of a van, and in close proximity to restaurants and showers. I doubt seriously, this guy ever did any real time in the wild. I grew up on the river, living like Tom Sawyer, A flint, fishing twine and hook in my pocket. I hunted in old sneakers and an Iron Maiden T shirt. I never owned a tint, or anything camo, for that matter. I also never posted any of my adventures on social media, nor would I have if there was such a thing.

I think BL is most likely hold up in a house, or boat shed, or somewhere with plenty of supplies for the time being.

He will be caught when he attempts to contact his parents, or someone close to him attempts to drop supplies or cash to him, to make an actual get away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members