Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was? When did that happen? Last I heard the judge refused the request for him to live in Gunnison.

I did a quick Google search for this new information, but nothing came up.

CBD Denver reports Morphew's defense requested he be allowed to reside in Gunnison County closer to one of his two daughters, but the judge declined stating he wanted Morphew to stay close by in Chaffee County where the case was centered.
Barry Morphew "hunted and controlled" missing wife Suzanne like an animal, investigators say - CBS News
Barry's lawyers are going to nickel and dime the court for expanded privileges for Barry. They want the world...especially the citizens in Colorado to get used to Barry living amongst them....to make that normal between now and his trial. Then, at trial...they will sell the "unfairness of breaking up the family that has rebuilt their lives." Its all theatrics...but I see it coming this way....more petitions for expanded priveleges for Barry.

Barry's lawyers are going to nickel and dime the court for expanded privileges for Barry. They want the world...especially the citizens in Colorado to get used to Barry living amongst them....to make that normal between now and his trial. Then, at trial...they will sell the "unfairness of breaking up the family that has rebuilt their lives." Its all theatrics...but I see it coming this way....more petitions for expanded priveleges for Barry.

Agree. I predict the first petitions will be for him to work outside of Chaffee County.

He was? When did that happen? Last I heard the judge refused the request for him to live in Gunnison.

I did a quick Google search for this new information, but nothing came up.

CBD Denver reports Morphew's defense requested he be allowed to reside in Gunnison County closer to one of his two daughters, but the judge declined stating he wanted Morphew to stay close by in Chaffee County where the case was centered.
Barry Morphew "hunted and controlled" missing wife Suzanne like an animal, investigators say - CBS News

I remember reading about the request, but I never saw anything about it being declined. I could be wrong...

It's a good ole boy thang. MOO
Yeah. BM calls himself a redneck on p. 86 to explain potentially violating the law re: taking of deer antlers with a tranquilizer gun shot to immobilize deer in his yard.

Long but revealing article below about the practice of antler taking from living deer, something he could have learned in re: deer farming. Does BM need to fear a DNR charge in addition to his other woes?

https://www.farmanimalreport.com/20...t-off-its-antlers-breeding-velvet-harvesting/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-082523_(1).png
    Screenshot_20210924-082523_(1).png
    244.2 KB · Views: 10
*GRAPHIC*
Terrible topic but I can’t shake it.
I kept getting terrible feelings while reading the AA that given all of the premed and documented all night activity on both nights..
Did he dismember her?
Chris McDonough said as much in a recent video and my feeling solidified itself then. I never gave it much regard before because of course it leaves an exponential amount of evidence.. but he’s likely dressed 1000 deers with tarps etc.
I also cannot unsee the “spa chemicals” coming into play here. MG’s eyes watered as she entered that room… that was not just from the pool. MOO
Speculation in a You Tube video. There is no body, so there is not yet any evidence regarding specifics of the presumed method of concealment.

Wouldn't you use a debit card or credit card for those kind of purchases though? I am doubtful whether $ flowed that regularly from BM to SM
Wonder how much cash was found in her purse in the car? It shouldn't be too hard to determine if she relied on cash a lot. But not sure it matters except as it relates to DV?

I have another thought to share. I distinctly remember the day I said to the person in my life who was extremely verbally abusive me for years, "I don't care what you think."

It was a pivotal moment when the cycle of abuse was broken in my mind and heart. Her text to the effect really spoke to me! I think it was pivotal for her and her abuser, too.

JMO

Long but revealing article below about the practice of antler taking from living deer, something he could have learned in re: deer farming. Does BM need to fear a DNR charge in addition to his other woes?

https://www.farmanimalreport.com/20...t-off-its-antlers-breeding-velvet-harvesting/

The antlers start as nubs in April and reach their full potential by August.
BM claimed to be tranqing deer in April for their antlers. What a complete and total tool he is. Busted in yet another lie. Why did the judge let him out?!

She also tells JL, based on interview with JL in AA, that she doesn't think BM would ever hurt her. Total opposite of what you would hear from a woman in an abusive relationship. The defense strategy in my opinion will be to trash SM and say how she was possibly leading a double or secret life all under BMs nose and could have run off with another man or some other man she was involved with may have done something to her.
That is not necessarily true. Many abused women never think their abuser will kill them. I know from experience and working with abused women. What is sad is that they can even be put in the hospital with broken bones and they still will deny the abuser would kill them. Maybe it’s total denial for the woman or maybe it’s that the abuser at some point loses control and goes beyond their calculated terror/control tactics. I believe the threat of losing control of the person heightens the risk of serious injury or murder.
IMO people who are not abusers just can’t wrap their minds around someone doing that to someone they love. They may know they are abusive during the cycle but usually they are sorry and attentive afterwards.

Of course there are always outliers and I believe BM fell into the outlier category. He was mentally abusive/controlling, but he wasn’t that type of threat to Suzanne in her eyes. Although, she did indicate she was afraid to be alone with him. Maybe she saw him as a controlled bully and not an out of control abuser turned murderer.

Again, this is just MOO based on some experience.
EBM to correct typo.

I have never seen a person's appearance change so drastically. Also alot of false projections when he was released on bail. Thank his attorneys for that..imo.

Agree 100%...MOO, this is strategic. Perhaps his attorneys are preparing a "whole" new look for Barry for the trial next year? Soften up the hard, angry and weathered look he once had? All to portray a soft, mild-mannered gentleman (gag) and dedicated father for the jurors?
MOO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
The antlers start as nubs in April and reach their full potential by August.
BM claimed to be tranqing deer in April for their antlers. What a complete and total tool he is. Busted in yet another lie. Why did the judge let him out?!
Hmmm, I've seen young healthy bucks with antlers in April. The big guys no, but the young bucks and I see mostly white tail deer so I looked for info from Colorado and found this: Mule deer can shed their antlers anytime from late December to April or early May and elk generally drop their antlers in March or April, while most of the animals still are on their winter range. from Colorado Hunter: The Inside Skinny on Shed Antlers – Colorado Hunter

Do we think Bear has gone hunting yet?? I bet he’s going this weekend. In my head, I can hear him explaining to his daughters why it’s necessary that he does. I also believe IE and DN would advise against it. BM taking advice from a woman??? Maybe (doubtful).

If he uses a gun, it's going to land him back in jail. There's only so much sneaking around he can do. Someone might see him. I feel certain that most people in Chaffee County would alert LE if they see Barry hunting with a firearm (elk hunting season hasn't started yet - one more week).

I do wonder where he's living. Why do you think he'd have to explain his whereabouts to his daughters? Do we even know where he's living?

Sbm.

I'd want to understand if he was ordered to surrender firearms specifically or some broader class of weapons. Air guns do not use gun powder and, per ATF, are not classified as firearms. Tranquilizer darts are commonly shot from air guns.

Also of note, it is a class 1 misdemeanor per Colorado law (section 18-12-103) to knowingly be in possession of a firearm whose serial number has been defaced. The AA pg 7 mentions a camouflage patterned high powered rifle whose serial number could not be found.

They took all of his weapons as evidence in the first days of treating the house as a crime scene. They found that Barry had lied about all the weapons being in the gun safe (they found two more, at least one of them loaded) outside the gun safe. They took those as well. Barry then puts his illegal short rifle in his car and drives alongside the FBI guy (I think it was) and turns that over - they have that on body cam.

While air guns may not be classified as firearms by ATF, in some states and counties, they are classified as weapons and can only be used in certain places. It's illegal to hunt elk with an air gun (see CO hunting regulations - it's absolutely not okay to try and kill a large animal with a pellet gun).

I believe the terms of his release specifically state he can't have firearms, but perhaps he can have a bow - entirely different kind of hunting, there's one week left of the elk bow-hunting season, IIRC.

Yes - he does have another gun violation mentioned in the AA. What a guy.

If he uses a gun, it's going to land him back in jail. There's only so much sneaking around he can do. Someone might see him. I feel certain that most people in Chaffee County would alert LE if they see Barry hunting with a firearm (elk hunting season hasn't started yet - one more week).

I do wonder where he's living. Why do you think he'd have to explain his whereabouts to his daughters? Do we even know where he's living?

I strongly suspect the media will smoke him out eventually.

JMVHO.

I have never seen a person's appearance change so drastically. Also alot of false projections when he was released on bail. Thank his attorneys for that..imo.

That's what happens when a guy loses access to his bodybuilding "supplements," the great outdoors (the tan), and his hair extensions and hair dye.

Oh, and has to eat jail food...no peanut butter steaks.

Did they have a funeral or memorial service for Suzanne at some point? I don't recall reading about it. I know they mentioned that she was presumed dead in her father's obituary. They had to have done something right?! What was bM's behavior like at that?

They did a little ceremony near the place where the bike was found and left a statue that had belonged to Suzanne's mother (a garden agent). Which was then stolen from the memorial due to the urging of certain youtubers and supposedly given to Suzanne's sister.

There was no public memorial and Barry attended no vigils or public memorials.

Just thinking out loud here, but a blowgun or blowtube could be used to deliver a tranq dart. Makes no sound and is pretty accurate. There's no evidence of that but maybe he got rid of that too.

Also do we think JL will be called as a witness? I could see him being called by the defense as a hostile witness. His statement that SM told him bM wouldn't hurt her because he learned his lesson could be a problem for the prosecution. I guess it could go either way. On one hand it shows that bM hit her before but on the other it shows she didn't fear him doing it again. Thoughts?

The terms of his release were Cash Only. Seems bail release is not a public record so the best I could access was BM's vine report confirming his release but not who posted the security or the actual conditions of his release.
Question on cash bail: If BM is acquitted, whoever posted the bail will get the $500,ooo returned. What happens to the $500,000 if BM is found guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73