Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's highly suspicious to me that the attorney flew to Orlando to meet rather than Fort Meyers. The price of the flight would have been similar and it would have saved the Laundrie family many miles driving. Surely they wouldn't have been planning to meet up with Brian / drop off something for him along the way? I mean, they can't possibly think that the FBI isn't watching their every move??

Didn't they go to Orlando to meet their attorney and an esteemed criminal attorney? (Jose Baez)

Baez is located in Orlando.

Orlando Criminal Lawyer

ETA: Oh, maybe not.

Earlier Thursday, Laundrie's parents made a 2-hour trip to Orlando and people online noticed they were close to Baez's office ... which sparked speculation they were looking to hire him. But, we're told that's not the case, and the Laundries' lawyer says they were simply there for business.
Brian Laundrie Family Will Not Be Repped by Casey Anthony Lawyer, Jose Baez

I don't understand how that works. Where is the provable connection between the alleged perpetrator of the Moab murders and Gabby's death in a completely different state, approx 2 weeks later?

Sorry I was under the impression it was clser nearby from another forum. Im just saying if they cannot determine time of death, it may be an uphill battle to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Not to mention forums such as these and the insanity on twitter. There is a very good case of bias jury and mistrial. If I was his lawyer, I would be printing this exact forums answers and submitting as evidence bias

Well I know BL is not connected to the 2 Moab murders, but they need to eliminate that perpetrators connection to the Gabby case to remove reasonable doubt of other suspects.
The fact that he was in possession of her debit/credit card seals it for me. He can't claim she just ran off somewhere. She would have taken her $/cards with her. JMO

Anthony Rickman (Defense Attorney) was on Live Fox Now discussing indictment and “suspect” vs POI. He’s got some great insight into the IMO… a good watch. Video isn’t uploaded yet on Fox. Will upload once it’s available.
Thanks. I was curious to see if anybody had been using it after Gabby Died.

What’s a Depop account?? Forgive me, I’m old lol not up on the young kids sites lol.

Even if she texted from an iPhone via cellular, it would show up as grey. Gabby obviously had a data plan so even without wifi, her phone would still send iMessages.
Right. I didn't make my point well:

The information people are going off of are:
1. cellular records
2. mom's report

The cellular records from the mobile carrier wouldn't have a record of texts sent via wifi (I wouldn't think so, at least). So both LE's report and mom's report can be true IF "stan" was sent via cellular and "no service" was sent via wifi. As others have said, can't really know without having the phone.

It is not so easy to get into Canada these days.

I have some NY friends who just crossed the border to visit family there. You have to pre-register with proof of covid vaccination, be approved, then you can enter.

If you are not covid-vaccinated, you must provide proof of negative covid test taken with 72 hours of entering, pre-register, and then quarantine for 8 days once you arrive there.

They will have a digital trail if he wants to (or did) enter Canada.

Use ArriveCAN to enter Canada - Canada.ca
Its not easy to go by any official route and he would be arrested on the spot. He could theoretically use any of the very large number of other routes where people cross that border "unofficially" all the time. There are 100's of miles of woods where you can just walk across (in NY), or you can just steal a kayak and paddle across the St Lawrence in about 20 minutes. People who sail often go in and out of Canadian slips and don't register with Customs. If he wants to go that way he could. However, I think it would just as difficult for him in Canada or Mexico as it would be trying to hide in the US. He has no documents, no money, and can't be helped by friends or family. His face is well known, and there is a Federal warrant. Unless someone took him in, he going to be living homeless for the rest of his life. I think if he is still alive he is going to hike around the southern US, staying off the main trails and avoiding other hikers; living like a "mountain man". There are ample resources for him to live like that a very long time; even if he is not the brightest, most skilled survivalist. He is basically going to live live a suburban Racoon- steal at night and hide in the day.

Oh, I see that now. Still - do you think that pic looks like Brian?

To me, yes:

- Both men are white with a slight "Mediterranean" spin.
- Both men have long narrow eyebrows.
-Both men have shaven heads.
- Both men have mustaches and beards of the same brownish / reddish color.
- Both men, though not Russian ballerinas, appear to have longer than average necks.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was listening to WFLA news. They said that even though it is a federal arrest warrant. They can't arrest the parents based on the jurisdiction of the state for helping him

Is it possible that the Laundrie's have an underground hidey-hole BL could be in? I know it sounds completely insane but it's happened before with a case in the UK.
I would assume the FBI tore that house apart looking for false walls, and false floor paneling though. Did they bring a K9 unit into their house?

Sex offender used hole in sister's bathroom floor to hide from police
Hartlepool family hid under the floor from police - hideaway was found under bathroom floor
Yes, this shows it is possible. I imagine they probably did in fact carefully look for that type of thing in the parental home. With a missing person in legal trouble it can’t be ruled out.

Regarding BL's flight to Florida alone (from Aug 17th to the 23rd) a week before the incident: Do we know that BL flew into and out of Salt Lake City (SLC)? It makes sense that he flew back to SLC because that's where GP was in a hotel (at least from the 21st-24th, but likely earlier). But do we know he flew out of SLC on the 17th?
Not sure anyone would have underground places in Florida, where the water table is high.

yes sorry. they can plead it, but its only when self incriminating, not in general just to avoid questions since they are not the ones on trial. but I guess point being they would have to answer some questions and cant just clam up like they can under Florida law
They just have to say the answer is incriminate which most of the relevant info is. Or that they do not remember. If I were prosecuter give them immunity which would force answers or incrimate them. They may prefer to lie and help son at that point anyways however. It’s always dicey dealing with parents

Anthony Rickman (Defense Attorney) was on Live Fox Now discussing indictment and “suspect” vs POI. He’s got some great insight into the IMO… a good watch. Video isn’t uploaded yet on Fox. Will upload once it’s available.

What’s a Depop account?? Forgive me, I’m old lol not up on the young kids sites lol.
It's an online thrift store that's very trendy nowadays. You can buy/sell clothes, art, books, etc. People start their own "shops," most do it casually but some create businesses that they can rely upon for steady income. You can see some of Brian's art on her page, and she was even doing custom shirt orders.

I kinda agree. This are not criminal experts. Just selfish people. BL is not so bright which would be fine but also he is really crap leaving his friend the way he did. That’s the issue, not his brain power. He just panicked and ran with no regard for anyone but self. His parents called an attorney they knew from NY and though he is primarily real estate in practice now, he also practices criminal law. Attorney has been spot on with his advice, MOO. When this goes to trial, it will be difficult case because so little said and so much unknown.

MOO, I think parents are genuinely worried BL will kill self. Only reason they filed and opened up house to LE. I think they told the truth. I disagree with that former FBI agent that Entit had on mic who does believe that Laundries set him up on that earlier trip with their shell camper. I think the Laundries are doing every bit they can to help selves and BL legally and are tightly in contact with a lawyer To get instruction. Don’t seem like people who will carefully consult with attorney and then blow off advice snd do something totally illegal.

Totally agree. I think they were advised to shut up and they did. I also don't think the FBU are as stupid as people think. There is more evidence he is in that reserve, or was in that reserve than the parents assertion. They have access to alot more than we do, such as traffic cams, the GPS of the mustang, ATM withdrawals, I assume they followed up the camping trip (if there even was one) this is from one neighbour, who, in my opinion liked being interviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member