Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it at all possible that the theft is because the card is also linked to GP parents?
Sorry if this was mentioned already JMO

I have been thinking its highly likely that GP was on her parent's bank account and that GP had permission to use the card and access the monies from that account and it is her parent's account that BL accessed. JMO

I was just about to post the same thing. The FBI thinks he's NOT there...hmm.
Maybe Le is just seeking a phone or dropped/planted evidence.

"He also said that he doesn't believe the FBI expects to find Laundrie in the swamp and noted that the bureau likely recovered location data from the Laundries’ Ford Mustang and is probably monitoring friends and relatives who could potentially aid him on the run."

Gabby Petito case: Where could Brian Laundrie be 10 days after slipping away?

The person doing the interview says HE doesn’t believe the FBI expects to find him there. I have not read where the FBI was quoted as saying that. The FBI are involved in the search for BL at the Reserve.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...n-laundrie-after-gabby-petito-body-identified

However, the FBI resumed the search on Tuesday when they took over the case.
Authorities are now searching an area about 30 minutes from the initial ground of Carlton Reserve that was searched over the weekend.
Close to a dozen agencies are aiding in the search for Laundrie which include the North Port Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Florida Wildlife Commission, Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, Sarasota Police Department, Venice Police Department, and K9 search and rescue teams.

BBM

Anybody who has hiked in the south, or even driven through those states will appreciate that there are thousands and thousands of sq. miles of forest where you could hide very easily and not be uncomfortable if you pre-positioned a well outfitted hiking pack.
I hiked in the south and driven through it on more occasions. I agree, there are plenty of places to hide.

Then factor in that the suspect is already accustomed to a outdoors oriented, living lightly life style. He is not running away from a 100% airconditioned lifestyle with fully stocked refrigerators, flush toilets and comfortable beds and suddenly trying to make in the hot, insect filled piney woods of the south.

As the other poster illustrated- he needs to be able to live a low profile "racoon life" on the edges of a homeless encampment on the edge of a city. The "van life" that he has already been living is not that far removed from "racoon life".

Not in this case because it is Federal, not State.

From the media thread:
Federal Crime and aiding and abetting...

From a verified lawyer Althea:
As it happens said:
18 U.S. Code § 3 - Accessory after the fact[/B]

Whoever, knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

Except as otherwise expressly provided by any Act of Congress, an accessory after the fact shall be imprisoned not more than one-half the maximum term of imprisonment or (notwithstanding section 3571) fined not more than one-half the maximum fine prescribed for the punishment of the principal, or both; or if the principal is punishable by life imprisonment or death, the accessory shall be imprisoned not more than 15 years.

18 U.S. Code § 3 - Accessory after the fact

Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Last edited:
Where do you see 1.200'?? FDC 1/2893 1/2893 NOTAM Details
'

Center: On the SARASOTA VOR/DME (SRQ) 143 degree radial at 19.9 nautical miles. (Latitude: 27º09'33"N, Longitude: 82º18'51"W)
Radius: 3 nautical miles <-- circumference
Altitude: From the surface up to and including 1200 feet AGL <-- height

The person doing the interview says HE doesn’t believe the FBI expects to find him there. I have not read where the FBI was quoted as saying that. The FBI are involved in the search for BL at the Reserve.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...n-laundrie-after-gabby-petito-body-identified

However, the FBI resumed the search on Tuesday when they took over the case.
Authorities are now searching an area about 30 minutes from the initial ground of Carlton Reserve that was searched over the weekend.
Close to a dozen agencies are aiding in the search for Laundrie which include the North Port Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Florida Wildlife Commission, Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, Sarasota Police Department, Venice Police Department, and K9 search and rescue teams.

BBM
Oh, OK. THANKS very much for this needed correction!

I'm still interested in knowing why the back of their van was so trashed during their traffic stop. Might be normal for things to fall/move around given the terrain/the way they were driving? Perhaps thats how it always looks when they stop and they have to put everything in it's place once they've settled...
This is probably how it looks a lot of the times. Gabby was trying to showcase their life in Instagram and YouTube. Instagram posters are famous for staging their lives and photos to make them appear like everything is beautiful and amazing when it's most likely not.

The attorneys will have to correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m 99.9% sure state laws have absolute NOTHING to do with federal laws. If it’s a federal law in Wyoming, it’s a federal law in California, Florida, Alaska, and Hawaii, etc. Each District may have their own set of procedures, but the laws are all the same.

Good question. If he got enough cash he could have bought a cheap vehicle to stash somewhere and then dive off

Right!! All this time I'm picturing him on foot or maybe on a bike, but like you say, that $1000 could've bought him a really cheap car.

That never even crossed my mind. I'm a terrible sleuther!

They had no "house" solar. There was a smaller Jackery (300, I think) and one of Jackery's portable solar panel things... probably the 100W.

sorry not what i mean must have explained it poorly, you can get those little solar chargers just for a phone or laptop, they aren't very big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz