Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charge his parents for that

Amateur opinion and speculation
They will be paying as soon as they start getting attorneys bills! Expensive!
It is just very difficult to assess the context, and they did claim that they could arrest Gabby, and not Brian, so I am assuming that the cop who claimed to have a crazy ex might always take the side of the man in the dispute (much like some of the people who have posted here earlier in the week). It’s a hard job, and they aren’t psychic, and they have to try to get it right every time, but-I don’t know-I think they read this one wrong.
Given with we know now…Gabbys dead, altercation with slapping earlier we come to that conclusion.
But who knew at the time of the traffic stop. All hindsight which the officers did not have at that time!

I think there's still something going on...my gut is in knots and it doesn't usually do that.
Going on in what way??

I don't know. Last time I felt this way was the day before I logged on and found out they'd identified "Lyle Stevick." Another time it was when they found Morgan Harrington's remains. It's not like regular anxiety. Very odd.

p.s. I don't think it's psychic or anything. Just picking up on moods. Or more likely coincidence.

Last edited:
Bracelets-in-honor-of-Gabby.jpg

It represents Gabby. Remember to celebrate and enjoy life and not be sad,” Petito’s mother Nicole Schmidt said.

When WFLA Now’s JB Biunno asked the family what they’d like the world to know about the bracelets and it’s significance to their memory of their daughter, they replied, “Live every day like it’s your last.”

While the bracelets are currently being shared with those closest to the family, Schmidt says “We’d love the whole world to wear them!”
Gabby Petito’s mom makes bracelets in daughter’s honor, says ‘celebrate and enjoy life’ | WFLA
Eta:The Shine a Light for Gabby fundraiser and vigil was set up earlier in the week. Community members have been making $20 donations in exchange for lights that they can put on their doorsteps and driveways.
The organizer says she wants the Petito and Schmidt families to know that there isn't a door in the community that they can't knock on during their time of grief.
The Shine a Light fundraiser is not the only way the Long Island community plans on honoring Petito.
Nearby, football players in the Patchogue-Medford School District will wear teal wristbands and dedicate their games to her this weekend. Those coming to watch the games are also asked to wear teal.
In Selden tonight, a vigil is planned at the Home Depot shopping center on Middle Country Road. The organizer said they're expecting over 1,000 people to attend.
Long Islanders band together to hold memorials in honor of Gabby Petito

Last edited:
Hey guys - was on the phone with my doctor. Did JB come back and say what the phone call was about? I noticed he was gone for a bit while I had the tv on mute.

Here's a couple random questions that are probably common knowledge but I have missed:

1) Do we know what wireless company her cell phone was through (Verizon, T Mobile, etc.)?

2) Did she take her pictures and videos with her phone, or other device?

I don't know the answer to #2, but as per the FBI search warrant (Details revealed about search warrant of Laundrie home page 4, line item 3), her phone was through T-Mobile.

Bracelets-in-honor-of-Gabby.jpg

It represents Gabby. Remember to celebrate and enjoy life and not be sad,” Petito’s mother Nicole Schmidt said.

When WFLA Now’s JB Biunno asked the family what they’d like the world to know about the bracelets and it’s significance to their memory of their daughter, they replied, “Live every day like it’s your last.”

While the bracelets are currently being shared with those closest to the family, Schmidt says “We’d love the whole world to wear them!”
Gabby Petito’s mom makes bracelets in daughter’s honor, says ‘celebrate and enjoy life’ | WFLA

Memorial held for Gabby Petito at Sugar House Park in Salt Lake City

the news caster on wfla news says the bracelets mean: "justice for Gabby".

If that is the case, anybody with a bracelet gets automatically dismissed from the jury pool.

I wonder if it would be possible to have something like this erected at some of Gabby's favorite sites? I know the places they went to are national parks, but this would be such a wonderful way to celebrate her life.
Outside the Frame in Santa Cruz County

I'm thinking/hoping the worst thing to happen to these officers who made the stop, is that one officer's wife being angry with him for the way he spoke about her. They for sure do not deserve to lose their jobs. This just what I think, I have not read anywhere that is a possibility.

One way to be respectful to Gabby & her family is to stop placing blame on anyone other than the person who allegedly killed her! It wasn’t the Moab police. It wasn’t her family (they didn’t pick up anything to raise flags she was in danger) it wasn’t the fault of anyone except the one who killed her! She wasn’t a helpless 2 year old. She was a vibrant young women who made a choice to be with BL. A fatal choice it seems.
Discussing a chain of events which culminated in Gabby being dead is not "placing blame" on anyone other than who allegedly killed her. Actually no specific person is alleged by LE to have killed her, anyway. I think a major focus of attention should be the first 911 call that came in on the 12th reporting that Gabby was being slapped and hit by BL. There just is no excuse IMO that by the time they stopped him speeding and evading the law, they used a subsequent report to blame DV on her, when she was trying to stop theft of her phone and van. And ignored his reckless driving and evading the law.

So, this has to be examined from the ground up, what is the matter with their chain of reporting? Without blaming anyone for anything, but their office to field communication was terrible.

Here's a nice article from a small Long Island, NY, local newspaper.

Gabby Petito Remembered As Free Spirit 'Who Loved Living Life'
The 22-year-old slain Long Island native will be remembered this weekend at memorial services in New York and Florida.

e84a50ae-1ed9-403a-b902-fd69808c60ad___14141347507.jpg

Peggy Spellman Hoey, Patch Staff
verified-patch-staff.svg

BLUE POINT, NY — Gabby Petito looked off to the right side and smiled as her photo was snapped in front of a pair of angel wings painted on a mural. She smiled and posed for the shot, not knowing it would become one of her last photographs, and an iconic one since her death.

The 22-year-old Long Island native was just an artist living her best life.
------------------------------------
More here:

Gabby Petito Remembered As Free Spirit 'Who Loved Living Life'

Discussing a chain of events which culminated in Gabby being dead is not "placing blame" on anyone other than who allegedly killed her. Actually no specific person is alleged by LE to have killed her, anyway. I think a major focus of attention should be why the first 911 call came in on the 12th reporting that Gabby was being slapped and hit by BL. There just is no excuse IMO that by the time they stopped him speeding and evading the law, they used a subsequent report to blame it on her, when she was trying to stop theft of her phone and van. And ignored his reckless driving and evading the law.

So, this has to be examined from the ground up, what is the matter with their chain of reporting? Without blaming anyone for anyone, but their office to field communication was terrible.

I agree with that. Instead of him being the victim there, maybe she was hitting him in self-defense or to stop him from doing that and leaving her there. Yes, and they did ignore his driving 30 miles over the speed limit and not pulling over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998