Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the iPhones able to be set up to recognize more than one face to unlock? It was her phone so it should have been set up to unlock with her face. If it can only be one face then he has taken control of her access to to her phone. She could only use her phone with his consent and cooperation.
Who knows if it could be unlocked with more than one face? I don’t know.
How to set up an alternate appearance to Face ID | iMore.

Are the iPhones able to be set up to recognize more than one face to unlock? It was her phone so it should have been set up to unlock with her face. If it can only be one face then he has taken control of her access to to her phone. She could only use her phone with his consent and cooperation.
Face ID works with 2 different people on same
Phone.

Search for #BrianLaundrie Update from @NorthPortPolice:
“The major ground search in the Carlton Reserve has pretty much wrapped up for Friday night. Some members remain on scene. We will be back out throughout the weekend. Focusing on areas of more likelihood across the Reserve.”
View attachment 314486 View attachment 314487

https://twitter.com/wflajustin/status/1441514984207441926?s=21
Jeez, this search though, difficult vast terrain. How far can they go and for how long before other searches, serious police support suffer greatly and have to be attended by tired overworked LE that has to make up for lost time and to gain purchase on their regular demanding duties that are piling up- overtime, exhaustion - frustration - thank goodness the community feeds them, good people leaning in.

This homicide was not intended. If he wanted to be rid of her, he could have just broken up with her and moved on -- they hadn't even gotten married yet. Her mother said they had already suspended their engagement (per Daily Mail). He is not a mastermind, or an expert at living in the wilderness; but, he is a young man in good shape. I'm older, and in much worse shape, but the little backpacking experience I've had would buy me a month at least to live in the wilderness. Those who say he will come out eventually are right -- if he's alive -- but it will be weeks, not days.
It is your opinion that this homicide was not intended. I don't know how you can know that. MOO.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure if that couple across the street have their information mixed up. I think the white camper could have been the one GP and BL had. I'm sure it was new to them. I thought that they all went camping with the camper shell and the truck. You have to put them both together to make a "camper". You can't do anything with the camper shell unless you have a truck. I think that Gabby's dad would know exactly if that's her camper. They have VIN numbers to track and identify a specific vehicle since they are unique to that vehicle.

In the interview it was clear the neighbor knew the difference between the camper and van. And a camper is not a shell.

Well, he has eluded authorities this long so he must be doing something right. It doesn’t take a special op to be able to survive while eluding capture. Obviously, he has survival skills. He came home without Gabby in Gabby’s van, went on a “camping trip” with his parents in a camper hardly big enough for two, comes home (if he even came home) and then disappears into anywhere. The mustang was parked at the nature preserve and the parents brought it back home because they knew he wasn’t coming back. I believe that was a ruse concocted by the parents. I’m not even sure if he is there. I hope every property they own or are selling has been searched. I 100% believe they are involved. And they will be charged.
JMO

He won’t be anyplace that they own or are selling. The FBI know all about those places and he wouldn’t have gone there

Nope. But they can, and often do, take facts into account when assessing risk.
Do they? Even if they do, they can risk further endangering some women. For example:

- Do you want to leave with this person? A. Yes - Are you sure? A. Yes.

Making a "lock'em up for the night" type arrest based on what might happen then leads to a....

- Shamed and doubly enraged alpha male driving down the road with the victim who already stated that she would be leaving with him. Not a good situation..... .

Yeah. I've generally tried to stay away from this topic, but I must admit that his insistence to no bottled water because of the plastic really stood out to me. Firstly, how is he getting enough water living the vanlife without drinking from plastic bottles? Is he purifying? Is he refilling his stainless steel water bottle or camelback at every stop? What about for cooking, washing, or personal hygiene?

His insistence seemed more like him projecting a specific persona, like someone trying too hard. But sorry, Earthers can be mean, too.
He only had a 6 gallon water tank for the van which is insane to be out in that area with so little water! IMO

Also, libraries are governed by their own boards. City councils and county boards usually have no input. So a library is most likely to follow ALA guidelines and not give up information on their patrons use of materials.

However, if you are talking about allowing them to search the place, that's a different matter because it doesn't involve privacy issues. Also, if a cop wants to use a computer directly after someone else of interest has used that computer, there's nothing we can do about that either.

In our city, "most" law enforcement would need a warrant to get any info from the computers or the patron records. The moment you log off a computer your tracks are erased. The standards are higher for protection because they are publicly owned. The only exception is if the Feds use the Patriot Act to obtain the info. I have personally told LE they needed to get a warrant just to find out who a library card belonged to. If I had not said that I would have been fired.

Jeez, this search though, difficult vast terrain. How far can they go and for how long before other searches, serious police support suffer greatly and have to be attended by tired overworked LE that has to make up for lost time and to gain purchase on their regular demanding duties that are piling up- overtime, exhaustion - frustration - thank goodness the community feeds them, good people leaning in.
I can't imagine it extending much longer past this weekend, especially if they don't find any sign of him there.

I can’t remember if DM is allowed, so apologies if it isn’t. I find the orange marks eerie, but not as eerie as the remains of a fire right by Gabby’s stone cross :(
Harrowing photos show trees and rocks around Gabby Petito's death site marked by FBI | Daily Mail Online

Has it been verified that the FBI left these marks? I didn’t think it was typical to use spray paint to tag evidence. I suppose it could be used to mark areas, rather than actual evidence, but why would they spray over something that looks like a bullet hole? (I don’t think it’s a bullet hole, it looks like something insects or birds would have done.)

jmo

The poor officers are probably distraught at what they could have done differently. They do need more training, but they don't seem to have had all the information they should have, either. IMO this will trouble them for the rest of their lives.

But the officers did have all the information that was needed.

I don’t know the answer to more than one face, good question. One way or another he was able to access the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling