Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all.
Many never cry
Eventually they don't talk think or feel either!
Gabby WAS crying, she seemed to be breaking, fracturing at that point in time.
But they reconciled after that, were seen in the MP restaurant on 27th...
Yeah, you are right. Not all of them. I think the crying comes first. Then they stop talking, thinking and feeling after that. I know not every case is exactly the same.

He won’t be anyplace that they own or are selling. The FBI know all about those places and he wouldn’t have gone there

You’re assuming there is surveillance on all of the properties 24/7. I know of a lot of cases where LE have cleared a home/property only to go back and arrest the criminal days later at the same house that was searched. Not because they were staking it out, but because he was seen.

A question about the Court Listener documents:

There are two documents from yesterday with the DA from Wyoming requesting the case be unsealed and then the judge granting the case to be unsealed. What exactly does this mean exactly? More information will be made public?

@ThoughtFox wrote:

"Bingo! Some people only care about their own kids and couldn't care less about anyone else, even a girl who lived with them for two years."

Exactly. Look how some people treat their OWN kids.

When I get too flummoxed about such behaviors, I remind myself there are people all around us with warped, abnormal behaviors and thinking patterns.

They don't have to be the Ted Bundys of the world.

It can be law-abiding people. Neighbors, coworkers, community volunteers, Moms, Dads, Grammas, Grampas, teachers etc. who may never commit a crime in their lives.

I think many of us would be able to recall a case or two where the in-laws (parents of the murderer) acted in ways that made our minds reel. In some cases, they themselves were the murderers.

BBM

I'm not surprised she was crying. It's mentally and emotionally exhausting walking on eggshells all the time.

We can see BL had a pattern of taking GP's things from her. He took her driver's license from her. He took her car keys from her. He took her phone from her. He took her car from her (and ultimately her life IMO). That's abuse. I'd cry too.

BL disparaged GP's abilities and her dreams. I'd cry too.

According to the friend, BL prevented GP from going out with friends and restricted her time out of the house because he was jealous. That's isolation and abuse.

I believe perhaps a social worker should accompany the LE in these situations. They could discuss the "Power and Control Wheel" and go from there.

This, 100%.

When all the pieces of the puzzle are put together like this, it's easy to see how bad it really was.

IMO many people can't or don't do this on their own. It becomes easy to dismiss the pieces when they're coming one at a time.

I suppose that's why summarizing everything together is necessary for prosecutors to win cases.

<modsnip>
If he killed her the evening of the 27th, which I doubt, because in the van video where the door closes, it looks like her shoes are there, I think she was alone and that’s why she hid.

Also, since BL drops off the map on the 28th, maybe he was psyching her out by staying away on the 27th evening but watching her from afar and he made the fire. Then he returns later that night, she’s furious, he kills her and takes off hiking/hitching rides before coming back for the van.

This is all speculation on my part. Thanks for reading.

<modsnip>

SBM
BBM - to ask: do you mean the evening of the 28th by “that night”, as in BL returns on the 28th and kills GP then? Do you therefore think that GP did send the 27th’s ‘Stan’ message to her mother (and wasn’t already deceased by that point) or do you still think it could have been BL, but with GP still alive? Just curious to hear other views.

A question about the Court Listener documents:

There are two documents from yesterday with the DA from Wyoming requesting the case be unsealed and then the judge granting the case to be unsealed. What exactly does this mean exactly? More information will be made public?

One of the first documents filed was a request to seal. The arrest warrant was then filed on 9/22 under seal. The docket was not available to be viewed by the public while it was under seal. Then yesterday, the state requested the case be unsealed and the judge granted it. That made the whole docket public so we can see. That's why we were able to view the warrants and the request for detention - because it was unsealed.

So it is about what is already up there, not something new. (Unfortunately!)

Brian Laundrie 'living in hell' if he's at Sarasota County's Carlton Reserve

If Laundrie is indeed in the woods, the chances anyone finds him alive are slim, Burrow said.

Burrow teaches people how to survive in the wild with nothing but a knife and has spent his life exploring well off the beaten path. He knows the dangers that lurk.

With heavy rain in recent days, starting a fire will be nearly impossible. It's also the wrong season for foraging edible plants, Burrow said.

He said Laundrie may be able to scavenge leftovers from a predator's kill. There also are freshwater clams and snails he could collect. Fishing is another possibility.

“People have been making a big deal of the alligators and the snakes,” Burrow said. “But it's dehydration that's the real danger.”

Even if he were able to get a fire started to boil water, recent rains will have made the drinking water full of tannins from local foliage. Tannins occur in the roots, wood, and bark of oak trees, and high concentrations can be harmful to humans, Burrow said.

“That can cause loose bowels,” he said. “Not a good thing when you are already dehydrated.”

Bobcats, gators and snakes
When it comes to animals, the area's bears and panthers are not likely to bother humans. But if Laundrie is injured or struggling, he will also have to deal with coyotes and bobcats.

“If you were injured or exhausted,” Burrow said, “they would eat you.”

On the other hand, if an alligator grabs Laundrie, there would likely be nothing left.

“They like to put a carcass under a log, and let it get all rotten,” he said. “Then the gator would eat you slowly.”

police are trained to defuse the situation and protect all involved. Sadly, that didn't happen in this case, imo.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "defuse." If you mean ensure a good long-term outcome for all involved then no, sadly that didn't happen. But GP was alive 2 weeks later so the immediate situation involving the LE stop seems to have been defused.

There's only so much LE can do. Otherwise adults who haven't been charged with a crime have rights. And they have the right to make free choices, even bad ones.
JMO

Brian Laundrie 'living in hell' if he's at Sarasota County's Carlton Reserve

If Laundrie is indeed in the woods, the chances anyone finds him alive are slim, Burrow said.

Burrow teaches people how to survive in the wild with nothing but a knife and has spent his life exploring well off the beaten path. He knows the dangers that lurk.

With heavy rain in recent days, starting a fire will be nearly impossible. It's also the wrong season for foraging edible plants, Burrow said.

He said Laundrie may be able to scavenge leftovers from a predator's kill. There also are freshwater clams and snails he could collect. Fishing is another possibility.

“People have been making a big deal of the alligators and the snakes,” Burrow said. “But it's dehydration that's the real danger.”

Even if he were able to get a fire started to boil water, recent rains will have made the drinking water full of tannins from local foliage. Tannins occur in the roots, wood, and bark of oak trees, and high concentrations can be harmful to humans, Burrow said.

“That can cause loose bowels,” he said. “Not a good thing when you are already dehydrated.”

Bobcats, gators and snakes
When it comes to animals, the area's bears and panthers are not likely to bother humans. But if Laundrie is injured or struggling, he will also have to deal with coyotes and bobcats.

“If you were injured or exhausted,” Burrow said, “they would eat you.”

On the other hand, if an alligator grabs Laundrie, there would likely be nothing left.

“They like to put a carcass under a log, and let it get all rotten,” he said. “Then the gator would eat you slowly.”

I hope they catch it all going down on one of the trail cameras , for his parents to watch.

@JeremyHarrisTV
·
A Petito family spokesperson has confirmed to our partners at
@CBSNews
that this cross was left by the investigation team at the spot where Gabby’s body was recovered in Spread Creek.https://kutv.com/news/local/makeshift-cross-found-in-area-where-crews-searched-for-gabby-petito…

Wednesday at 12:42 PM
——
I haven’t seen a retraction - has anyone? I’m aware that her stepdad also left a cross apparently.

I’m glad to see our members checking out page 1 of each thread !

Gabby Petito's Stepdad Leaves Stone Memorial at Site Where Her Body Was Found

There is also a larger cross near where Gabby was found, though her father's friend said it was happenstance.

"That larger cross was not done by anyone connected with the search or recovery of Gabby. It was just a coincidence, we confirmed that," he told The Independent.

It is your opinion that this homicide was not intended. I don't know how you can know that.
Our minds are fascinating , so much decision making done reflexively. I saw a deadly accident , i talked to cops- was deposed ( now i know why people left)
, 2.5 years later- i was on the stand - they read part of my witness statement , wow.. I realized my brain had already changed details - dang!, the brain is amazing and perceptions are filtered through the lense of conscious life experience ,choices- perspective that we don’t even know we make , subconscious mind - there are 3 sides to the story - yours/ mine and what really happened - which is better known as the “ the truth” - our sides are a conflagration of it all, right - for example moo here - I’ve made my mind up about this kid BL - i know i have and i come here to read because I have thought “ i knew” before and then i have found people here who really Did hit the nail on the head and i say to myself “ I could have sworn…” . Glad we don’t all agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305