Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
New identity, or suicide, doesn't need them?
@sun16
Exactly. He must have felt he didn’t need cell phone or wallet, either because:

a. he had new burner phones, new ID, new supplies (and his parents are in on it, so their call to police was a ruse or ploy)
OR
b. He intended to take his own life and wouldn’t need them (in which case his parents calling police was genuine).

Another question…do they sell burner phones purchased with cash these days?

my husband thinks you have to pay with some type of debit/credit card. You can’t pay with a gift card either.
TIA

I checked on line and it appears that you can purchase a burner phone and data with cash.
If you are really worried about your identity being captured by CCV, you could pay a stranger to make the purchase for you.

Is that the case of the young man and woman that had just returned from a trip overseas lasting several months? She took her own life? I can't remember their names, but they too were blogging about their travels.

Josh and Leanne Bearden? She took her own life after they travelled around the world together. I remember that very well. Not sure if that is who you meant though.

MOO

Might be a dumb question, but... Are tree tents something hikers use? I always thought they were just for hunting (unless I am confusing tree tents and tree stands).

Clearly I am not a hunter or hiker. :confused:
Yes, look up tensile, they are a real thing, I have one in our backyard, but they are not that easy to set up on the fly and not easy to conceal in any way I can imagine.

IMO -Most houses in FL are on a concrete slab - the water table is too high for a crawl space or basement. Attics are good storage if your item can withstand temps of 140- it’s still very hot and humid now- there is absolutely no way I would ever venture into that preserve for a hike - while I don’t doubt something important is in there I’m struggling with believing it’s an alive BL- time will tell I guess. Something is up ..
JMO

Is there any way one could sneak into his house at night without being spotted?
From the rear, I mean.
Here's a tweet from earlier with a front view of the house.
Any way to get up a 3D image of the rear?
I keep returning to the house, I find the swampland to be an unforgiving environment.

Is there going to be an 'event', a real one at that house?

Here's front image
https://twitter.com/EvanAxelbank/status/1441541935924011019?s=20

I had to take a mental health break, went to my daughter's volleyball game, came home & checked to see officers had surrounded the Laundrie house! Whewwweee I've got lots to catch up on! I just wanted to thank everyone for contributing to these threads & also to the mods/admin for keeping these fast-paced threads good to go! Y'all are awesome!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So he left his wallet and phone at the house before he left. How do you guys feel about that?
so he left them, doesn't mean he did not take a burner phone... I see him as someone who likes attention and he will certainly be watching and listening , he is a needs to know guy, mr. snoopy... I betcha he has a phone with him its just not his phone. yep yep

A poster was asking earlier (apologies I can't remember who!) about when the Petito family started calling the Laundries. Here is what the parents said in an MSM interview.

Interviewer
Did you ever reach out to her and say "Can you please help me find my daughter?"

Gabby's mum
Yes I reached out to her on Friday the 9th or the 10th, I'm sorry. I texted her "I'm worried about the kids, I haven't heard from them" and I got nothing. Called, left messages got nothing.

Interviewer
She won't even call you back?

Gabby's mum
Nope.

Interviewer
And Joe you and Tara, you've reached out and they won't call you back?

Gabby's dad
We've called on the 10th, I can't tell you how many times. We sent text messages "We're worried", "We're calling the police".

I mean if someone texted me that they're calling the police because they can't find my son, I'm gonna drop whatever I'm doing to call back. I guess it's evident how they run their household.

Gabby's step-mum
She knew her son was home that time when we were texting her. At that point we didn't know that he was home.

So it was the 10th they called and texted, which was right before they contacted the police to report Gabby missing.

I have a hard time believing that people who thought their son might hurt himself would 1) wait 3 days to report him missing and 2) go find the car he was driving and bring it back to their home prior to reporting him missing. These things don't make sense, IMHO.
And take a car away from the son who they think may harm himself?
No wallet, no phone…He could hike back out ..excited to go home…and duh, his ride is gone!

JMO

Is there any way one could sneak into his house at night without being spotted?
From the rear, I mean.
Here's a tweet from earlier with a front view of the house.
Any way to get up a 3D image of the rear?
I keep returning to the house, I find the swampland to be an unforgiving environment.

Is there going to be an 'event', a real one at that house?

Here's front image
https://twitter.com/EvanAxelbank/status/1441541935924011019?s=20
IMO From the rear - an opening in the fence perhaps ?

Also, something to consider: the neighbors and other witnesses who may have had their stories publicly told more recently - they may have done those interviews last week. But the media has only so much time for coverage and they will tend to air the most exciting/breaking/sensational stuff first. Then, when there is a lull in activity, that's when other less 'urgent' B-roll accounts might get published. Also, they may have to be cleared by LE first too, before being allowed to speak out.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the witnesses don't always have a say in when their interviews get published (unless, of course, you are relaying your story yourself on Tik Tok or other SM platforms).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong