Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why they couldn't have said "I'm so sorry to hear this, we had no idea, we don't know where Gabby is. We will try to find out more."

Something just like...human.
Honestly I think because they were very aware of what their son had done and it was easiest to just let the phone ring … it’s truly unconscionable and speaks to their character IMO

A poster was asking earlier (apologies I can't remember who!) about when the Petito family started calling the Laundries. Here is what the parents said in an MSM interview.

Interviewer
Did you ever reach out to her and say "Can you please help me find my daughter?"

Gabby's mum
Yes I reached out to her on Friday the 9th or the 10th, I'm sorry. I texted her "I'm worried about the kids, I haven't heard from them" and I got nothing. Called, left messages got nothing.

Interviewer
She won't even call you back?

Gabby's mum
Nope.

Interviewer
And Joe you and Tara, you've reached out and they won't call you back?

Gabby's dad
We've called on the 10th, I can't tell you how many times. We sent text messages "We're worried", "We're calling the police".

I mean if someone texted me that they're calling the police because they can't find my son, I'm gonna drop whatever I'm doing to call back. I guess it's evident how they run their household.

Gabby's step-mum
She knew her son was home that time when we were texting her. At that point we didn't know that he was home.

So it was the 10th they called and texted, which was right before they contacted the police to report Gabby missing.

Stopping here to observe that this was some excellent shade on the part of Joseph Petito. Not sure I could have been that tactful...

I keep having to remind myself this! It would be very unlikely they go blind off where the parents think he went, particularly after their behaviour. There is some intel as to why they are in the reserve, and if you’ve been watching the helicopter radars, it looks like they are narrowing down to a particular side. I wonder if trail cameras that we don’t know about have captured him?

I posted a couple of links, threads ago. There are at least 10 trail cameras that are used by wildlife people in that reserve (as stated in the links).

In the links, there are very clear photos of images they have from the cameras ... both during the day and at night.

Last edited:
It used to be Catcher In the Rye and Holden Caulfield. Now it's revenge of the marginalized. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I'm not implying reading this book made him flip out or harm himself or others, but the fact he RELATED to them and the author speaks volumes to me.
What people love, relate to speaks about their inner workings.
I think many people especially the young feel this way misunderstood. But Chuck writes about strange camping trips and weird stuff that happens on them. just worth taking a closer look. I know FBI profilers will.

"The characters are people who have been marginalized in one way or another by society, and often react with self-destructive aggressiveness."

Based upon everything he has posted on Instagram, I think he is in the woods. Maybe not this one that has been being searched, but I think he is in the woods. There was the posting back a bit of the helicopter footage, and I do believe that was him, but the woods are his comfort zone. He and Gabby described themselves as expert hikers, he feels at home in the woods.As far as the plastic bottle, on one of the instagrams, it has him going barefoot to pull a water bottle out of a creek. I think he may be on the spectrum, because certain things really bother him, that wouldn’t bother someone who was not. His lack of emotions, just driving home after he is a POI for killing his fiancé, yet finally realizing he could be a POI, he went to where he wood feel at home.

I certainly think he would have headed to the woods somewhere. But those particular woods? No idea. No clue.

Woods are his comfort zone, I agree. I agree with everything you're saying.

If nature and the road comfort him, it explains a lot.

I keep having to remind myself this! It would be very unlikely they go blind off where the parents think he went, particularly after their behaviour. There is some intel as to why they are in the reserve, and if you’ve been watching the helicopter radars, it looks like they are narrowing down to a particular side. I wonder if trail cameras that we don’t know about have captured him?
I think this pertains to my earlier post. Where they said since he was last seen on foot it gives credence that he may very well be in Reserve. So, somebody may have reported him or he was seen on camera going into or near the Reserve. Has anybody else heard this?

Last edited:
This is surely off topic, but I just want to extend a 'thank you' to @Tiff23fr and all of the other mods who are working endlessly to keep these threads in the right direction.

I'm so disappointed that we don't have any more progress on this case yet, in terms of BL's location.

It used to be Catcher In the Rye and Holden Caulfield. Now it's revenge of the marginalized. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Thank you for this - yes. We have trails through literature that we can follow to see what's up in the contemporary psyche. Day of the Locust. Apolcalypse Now. Twin Peaks. And so on.

Things do not change. While this was unfolding, somehow DH and I were reading Brothers Karamazov. It's eternal and cross-cultural and very very hard to predict or understand.

How exactly was he supposed to contact them when he was done hiking if he they knew he didn't have a phone and they took his car? Also wondering how they knew there was a supposed note on the car if he left on Tuesday and they went that night or early morning hours to pick up the car. How did they "see" a note on it to know to go and pick it up? He couldn't exactly phone them and say, "hey, there's a note on the car" if he didn't have a phone.

Walk home?

It's not that far.

Thanks for this, that makes sense about affordability. Why do the lawyers only use them, I wonder? Is it safer from hacking or malware or something?
After 12 years I don’t question them but my understanding is they think these devices don’t track anything - and they don’t use them for anything but calls - no texting and no apps / web browsing etc. There’s a bit of paranoia involved and they are all older …. The last young lawyer we had left to become a Judge. He had an iPhone …
JMO

And I will add multiple burner phones because when you are on the run you become paranoid - I have to believe they have search warrants for any telephone number he may have called starting around 8/27 and what that may yield- JMO
Could LE have a geofence warrant? They’d be able to get info on any devices, even burner phones, in use in the area of the search. I’m just not sure how practical geofencing would be in a swamp.

Do people who commit suicide typically want to be found?

They choose meaningful places, a place that they feel they won’t be interrupted. Typically, imo, they want to be found. They may leave shoes or belongings by the water or a bridge as a marker of sorts, for example.

My opinion in this case, if this is a suicide, he may not want to be found, considering the circumstances. Leaving his wallet and phone behind is a bad sign, imo.

Freeze dried food, fishing equip, tent, good winter jacket and he may be able to be in the woods . If he had done a lot of camping when he was young. This may not be difficult for him.
I know someone who knows someone that has a bunker on their property. If you didn’t know it was there, you’d never know it was there.
BL doesn’t strike me as the doomsday prepper type but maybe he has a bunker in there somewhere. Maybe the reserve was his favorite spot to be alone and he made a place for himself in there.
I still don’t know if I believe he’s in there, but for all the resources used searching it for the past week, I’m sure LE is going on more than just BL’s parents’ word.

How exactly was he supposed to contact them when he was done hiking if he they knew he didn't have a phone and they took his car? Also wondering how they knew there was a supposed note on the car if he left on Tuesday and they went that night or early morning hours to pick up the car. How did they "see" a note on it to know to go and pick it up? He couldn't exactly phone them and say, "hey, there's a note on the car" if he didn't have a phone.
Well the note on the card is kinda standard issue from what I understand. They knew the swamp. He knew it.
Leave your vehicle overnight in the parking lot and it will be ticketed.

WAIT.
He has a key.
Car is parked outside his house...
he already thinks he's Superman..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors