Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting up at 5am all week to finish my work before JB goes live is either one of the most embarrassing or dedicated things I've done in a while.

Is JB the local reporter? Are there regular live reports? How do I access them?
Thanks!

I was wondering if he may have gone out west - WA or OR?

I was thinking the same. Lots of itinerant types in some areas in those states, also some areas in California too. Places that have lots of semi-homeless, rootless and professional hippy hang-outs up in mountains and forests.
He could blend in there very well. Or at least he could lay low for a while. He could turn on, tune in and drop out in Portland, OR.
After all, BL's favourite author in the world, Chuck Pahlaniuk hails from Washington State and did his University studies in Oregon.

So it is a possibility. More so than Cuba, I think.

Last edited:
IMO - If he’s in the reserve I give him a few more days for the cops to catch him or he surrenders. I can’t see him lasting longer than that in that place.
If he fled, I’m leaning towards a place that they have gone on trips before in Florida, likely southern Florida, likely camping, away from people (which he doesn’t like :mad:). Laying low until press eases up. Possibly buy a boat and gi to an island.
I believe his parents have helped and provided him with cash, phones, etc.

Getting a boat would help speed up catching him. Boats are registered. You have to know how to drive a boat big enough to live on & be licensed for it in most states if not all. The boating community is super nosy & tight knit. It’s sort of like van life or rving. People notice everything. They stop by your vessel & chit chat. I used to sail on a 42’ sailboat that my cousin owned. It was a non stop party & fellow boater gossip fest. A wanted man like him is not going to just go by unnoticed.

That looks like a guy with his facemask under his chin. I would think by this time BL has either shaved his beard off and grown his hair a bit so he'd look quite different.

I’m in and around Toronto, and I’ve been so enthralled by this case that if he ever ended up my way I expect to be able to id him. That said, I don’t think that guy looks like him really. Also don’t believe he could cross the border undetected unless he found some remote crossing that isn’t under observation. Canada customs scrutinizes your passport and so on when you come in. With covid, there’s even more questions to be asked.

Unless the autopsy and investigation have found some really compelling evidence, I don't think there will ever be a trial. I think he'll take a plea to a lesser charge.

Assuming he hasn't killed himself or died in the swamp, anyway.
Its possible, although if the Laundries unload their current council and get a super, high powered, knowledgeable lawyer, nothing less than acquittal will do - and is possible. Remember what Johnny Cochran said, "It all depends on who has the better narrative." This case is a lawyer's dream.

FoxNews: “So far, Laundrie’s parents have not been charged with any crime, and experts say that could be a tall order under Florida law. Per Florida Statute 777.03, … Relatives of the offender, however, are largely protected from being accessories. This would include the parents of Brian Laundrie..” Florida statute may work to advantage of Brian Laundrie's parents

More possible misinformation IMO, by persons referred to as “experts” too, unfortunately. I first looked at the statute last week. IMO ONLY - so as to be clear to avoid any “Time Out” for sharing MO, the parents do not fall under subdivision (a). They fall under subdivision (c). See § 777.03(1)(c) Fla. Stat. Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

(c) Any person who maintains or assists the principal or an accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed a crime and such crime was a capital, life, first degree, or second degree felony, or had been an accessory thereto before the fact, with the intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial, or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

Charging the parents should not be dismissed out of hand by the state atty – IF this is even a Florida issue (I think there’s a good argument we’re dealing with Federal law). The law is poorly drafted leading to the confusion, but My position – which is MOO, AND NOT FACT, is thoroughly supported and (IMO) affirmed, by the black and white Florida pattern jury instructions (the instructions the Judge gives to a jury on the law): See Jury Instruction 21.18 Criminal Jury Instructions Chapter 21 – The Florida Bar

(Florida Std Jury Inst Florida Standard Jury Instructions – The Florida Bar

Criminal/Chapter 21 (Obstruction), then go to Instruction 21.8

“21.18 ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT;

To prove the crime of Accessory After the Fact, the State must prove the following [four] [five] elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. A (felony alleged) was committed by (name of person committing felony).

2. After the (felony alleged) was committed, (defendant) [maintained] [assisted] [aided or attempted to aid] (name of person committing felony).

3. At that time, (defendant) knew that (name of person committing felony) had committed the (felony alleged).

4. (Defendant) did so with the intent that (name of person committing felony) avoid or escape detection, arrest, trial, or punishment.

If the felony alleged is a third degree felony, give element #5.

5. (Defendant) was not related to (name of person committing felony) by blood or marriage as husband, wife, parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother, or sister.

The judge gives this instruction ONLY given *IF* the original offense is a 3rd degree felony. If the autopsy comes back with a charge against Brian for a first degree or second degree felony, all bets are OFF. If I were the prosecutor, I would charge them. MOO. Now time to sign right off again so as to not have a "repeat."
The case is federal though.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I just chalked it up to that he said he was going to the reserve so they already know everybody is looking for him.

Right! I'm not saying who did it or not. But, have you seen the crime scene evidence markings in orange paint. It is all over these different beachwood logs like people can sit on and on trees. Like something of a violent fight occurred and left evidence at different places. Some of them almost look like they could be bullet holes though.
Check out this link to view pictures of the crime scene. Almost looks like alot of bullet holes. Weird it's all over the place.
Harrowing photos show trees and rocks around Gabby Petito's death site marked by FBI | Daily Mail Online

They have spent $1.2 Million dollars looking for a guy that could walk away with misdemeanors and probation?

seems unlikely.

Government is seeking to detain him. Criminal division of WY.

Obstruction of Justice.
Safety of Community.

Walking seems unlikely.

Not that I think he would walk, but with what has come out publicly so far it doesn't mean he'd necessarily spend the rest of his life in prison. As of right now I see Manslaughter as an option, which if he could plead to manslaughter he could still return to momma after a few years. However, the more this kind of stuff goes on with the bank account and whatnot and any other hijinks that could slip away.

John Walsh just said they got a tip from Freeport Bahamas. He could have caught a boat from Fort Lauderdale.
I’ve wondered about him catching a cruise and then disappearing - easy for parents to meet up later if they had a designation point but I think cruise ships check boarding when docked at stops ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288