Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the 30th, 31st, and 1st (until 10:26am) -- he was (MOO) using it for gas, food, etc., to get home. A 36-40 hour drive.

Yes, but $1000 in less than 3 days....just on gas and food?!

I wonder if a lot of this was cash withdrawals at ATMs or even 'cash back' inside the stores.

After all, cash is the one and only thing he'd really need to make this running away trip possible.

Well, everyone arrested for a crime is detained until they show up with their lawyer to a bond hearing and bond is set and met. That's procedure.

It is a motion for pretrial detention (meaning he would remain in jail from the time he is in police custody until trial) which the government argues is necessary because BL poses “a serious flight risk.”

ETA: A judge granting a motion for pretrial detention also takes bond off the table by default.

I’ve been tied up taking care of my son who’s extremely sick, could someone catch me up about why the police went into BL’s parents house? Or don’t we know yet?
it looked to be a false alarm, Diana.
They received reports of gunshots which did not happen.
Allegedly.
Hugs and love to your son, fingers X'd.

That part got me sad, because in her mind they were still a sweet young couple in love.

I am positive the lawyer friend was already advising them, Do not respond to her. MOO

I think you are right. If they had responded to her parents, it would be on record…especially text messages. I believe they were already advised by someone to button up.

I know someone who knows someone that has a bunker on their property. If you didn’t know it was there, you’d never know it was there.
BL doesn’t strike me as the doomsday prepper type but maybe he has a bunker in there somewhere. Maybe the reserve was his favorite spot to be alone and he made a place for himself in there.
I still don’t know if I believe he’s in there, but for all the resources used searching it for the past week, I’m sure LE is going on more than just BL’s parents’ word.
It would be extremely costly to build a bunker in there. The water table is basically at ground level. Digging would just create a water filled hole. He would have to go to higher ground and it would take days to walk to ground high enough.

It would be extremely costly to build a bunker in there. The water table is basically at ground level. Digging would just create a water filled hole. He would have to go to higher ground and it would take days to walk to ground high enough.
Is there ANY way it could be done? Is it within the realm of possibility?

I'm imagine they know where the card was used and for what. I was surprised that he spent over $1000 from two accounts in 3 days though.

Three days later, on the 30th, Laundrie allegedly began the “unauthorized” use of a debt card. According to the FBI, the crime happened “following the death of Gabrielle Petito.”

The indictment alleges Laundrie illegally spent more than $1,000 from two accounts during a three-day period that ended Sept. 1, the day the Petito’s white van arrived back in Florida without her.

Brian Laundrie indictment reveals tragic timeline of the final days of Gabby Petito’s life
There was a lot of talk about this yesterday, but IMHO, it's not surprising that he spent more than a thousand. I can think of a lot of things to spend it on -- gas, ATM withdrawals, cash cards, burner phones, food.

DBM - sorry, trying to unquote something :) and I obviously have no idea what I'm doing ;)

ETA - just adding to the comment and correcting spelling

This thread is moving so quickly that I can't keep up with what I want to comment on lol

Someone reported hearing gun shots near their home but it turned out to be a false alarm.
Thanks! I just woke up and couldn't figure out what the hubbub was. Is the search still on? No sign of BL? jmo

$1000 in less than 3 days....just on gas and food?! No way.
A cost of a car trip from Wyoming to Florida is $275 at current gas prices.

Cost of Driving from Florida to Wyoming

I wonder if a lot of this $1000 was cash withdrawals at ATMs or even 'cash back' inside the stores.

After all, cash is the one and only thing he'd really need to make this running away trip possible.

I’m in and around Toronto, and I’ve been so enthralled by this case that if he ever ended up my way I expect to be able to id him. That said, I don’t think that guy looks like him really. Also don’t believe he could cross the border undetected unless he found some remote crossing that isn’t under observation. Canada customs scrutinizes your passport and so on when you come in. With covid, there’s even more questions to be asked.

Niagara Falls here and completely agree with you. Our tourism industry here is still extremely slow due to the process it takes to get over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh