Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just random thoughts here. It's going to get very expensive for someone (I assume Brian's parents) to meet the attorney in Orlando. The attorney is going to get a lot of billing hours in, flying from NY to Orlando and back again. And for what? A 30 minute meeting according to this link. The Orlando meeting really has me curious. All MOO, of course.

Brian Laundrie's parents shadowed by undercover agents on 150-mile trek to meet attorney

Yes, what were they doing that couldn’t be achieved over the phone? Signing something? Handing something over? The building I think they were in houses a few lawyers but it’s also a bank as well.

Right! I also have heard that the 911 call was actually that Brian was hitting her. Is that right? Or were there conflicting 911 calls of her hitting him?
Yes. Conficting calls. Christopher called in from the Moon flower parking lot. I think this couple called right after. In other words BL is smart enough not to strike in public. By the time this call was in they were already dispatching to look out for the van with the info put out by Christophers first call. If anything I think the operator did not relay the new info to the responding officer in a timely manner. Or once the van was spotted (IIRC it is only about 3 miles from center Moab to the Turnoff to Arches if not less) he didn't think it needed to be relayed. JMHO.

When he fled WY and showed up at his parent’s home, he didn’t seem to be thinking things through. He is in Gabby’s car without her. Her clothing and some belongs could have been in it. Then there is the credit card theft. Gabby’s parents are also starting to get worried and he isn’t talking to them.
Sometimes confusion can muddle a case. Think Jonbennet Ramsey, family friends were in the house. There was the longest ransom note ever, with rough drafts in the trash. She was found by her father in the house, it seemed like it would be easily solved. The parents employed lawyers and besides a few interviews they remained pretty silent. The confusion and the things that didn’t make sense drew attention to the case and left people theorizing about Jonbennet’s death. The Ramsey’s had lawyers that probably advised against talking too much to avoid being caught in a lie or getting backed into a set timeline. Right now we are wondering where BL is. LE has spent over a million dollars looking for him in a reserve. People aren’t sure if he is alive or dead. While he is on the run or “camping” it gives a mental distance to Gabby’s murder and allows time to create a different narrative. Trying to make sense of things keeps people distracted. That’s just my opinion.
Great analysis. Let’s hope this case doesn’t wind up like the Ramsey one.

That's kind of what I thought. Like he stood by the water's edge when he did it so that the aligators could get him. His prior instagram posts or books he read were that a guy kills his girlfriend "or wife or fiance or whatever" and then becomes the invisible man and nobody could see or find him.
Then the dramatic public conflicts at the Jackson Hole restaurant may have been to assure that they were seen and ID'ed later.

Last edited:
I feel it's potentially another ruse.

He leaves his wallet - it doesn't mean he doesn't have money with him. Cash isn't traceable like cards are, therefore he has no need for his wallet, only the cash that was in it.

He leaves his phone - does he own just the one phone? Maybe he took a spare? Maybe he bought a burner phone? Maybe he bought a new sim card to use in an old phone handset he has?

I don't think we can read too much into leaving those items behind.

MOO
Well actually you just did read into those items being left behind. They were intentionally left behind. He didn’t need them where he aas going. And obviously could be traced.
Before I read up on this punk, I thought 50/50 suicide. After understanding his personality better, I have to agree that this swamp thing is likely staged as a huge diversion.
1) His parents knew he returned from WY with Gabby’s van, and that Gabby wasn’t there. They didn’t think that strange? Can’t trust them!
2) Think opposite of the swamp! Everyone is looking there, so thing for him to do is look like a tourist and go where lots of people go. Hide in plain site
3) Hiding on a boat makes sense, but if he is on a boat, its elsewhere. Swamp is misdirection.

Well, everyone arrested for a crime is detained until they show up with their lawyer to a bond hearing and bond is set and met. That's procedure.

You know they aren’t just asking for him to be held pending a bond hearing. They are asking for him to held pending his trial. NO pre trial release until after trial... Which can be months from now (or longer, more likely!). Digging in on this point is weird.

I agree some of those look like bullet holes. Could be insect borers or some other natural phenomenon too. Seems like if they were all bullet holes someone would have heard something and investigated the day/night it happened, or reported it. Sound seems to carry a longer ways when you are in a quiet place camping. No traffic noise, etc. A shooting gun would really stick out as an abnormal noise in a quiet campground. IMO
I wonder what that dark mark on that rock is.

If you watch the video of the GPro driver passing by the white van and which is also the place apparantley near where Gabby's body was found (if I'm correct). Once he passes it, he passes by a couple of other campers not far away from where they saw the van. So, somebody probably would have heard the gunshots.

Mostly Harmless had no phone, credit cards or identification on him. He traveled over a year on the Appalachian trail with people and never divulged his real name. It took 2 years before his identity was revealed. Coming from Florida, I'm sure BL is well acquainted with the story and MH's success in flying under the radar. Of course, MH wasn't a POI and didn't have a huge police force tracking him down in life. For those unfamiliar with this story there's a thread here on WS and here's a link to the story that revealed his identity.

The Unsettling Truth About the ‘Mostly Harmless’ Hiker

My personal opinion is that BL's parents are neck deep in helping their son evade justice. I don't think he's in that preserve and I don't think he's committed suicide. The thing is, if he is without any kind of credit card, debit card and ID his money will eventually run out and then what?
I hadn't heard of Mostly Harmless. After reading about him this seems like a definite possibility.

Good, thought-provoking post, @zucchinibread. You've got some good points. -- BL should be at or past a breaking point by now -- if he is still alive and "in the woods," or he could be so weak and dehydrated that he cannot really form a rational thought. And if his parents haven't been helping him & know nothing about how he's doing, they're probably wild with fear and worry.<--- due to their own devices, of course.

A question for anyone who knoze: I know nothing about "burn phones" -- the ones you can buy, use, and throw away. Could BL and his folks be using those back & forth with no one else knowing? How could LE find out about burn phone use by or between certain parties? (d'oh)
Thanks to anyone who would like to answer...

A burner phone is still a cell phone and pings just like any phone would do so if they're checking for cell activity it would still show up. It just wouldn't trace back, for instance to "John Doe at 123 Main Street, Anywhere USA with Verizon"

I’ve just been watching that on FlightRadar. Strangely mesmerising. Plane reg N72J if anybody’s interested.

How about N9254Y? Is it just sitting over the reserve for anyone else? I'm wondering if my connection is just bad.....

Is there ANY way it could be done? Is it within the realm of possibility?
You would need a pump to continuously get rid of water and build a waterproof structure. Concrete is porous. It would need to be sealed. It would be beyond the ability of BL to do so. Where I live it would be possible. I am at a high elevation but I’m also about 150 miles from North Port. Coastal areas are too low to build any underground structure without advanced engineering.

My post is not to detract from this discussion, but when I read the referenced post on suicide I could not help but comment that I am glad you are here and posting on WS.com.

IMO Posted this before but BL has been helped by an insider to family, friend from past, friend from online prescence, or friend of a friend with cash payment involved to provide shelter from elements. <modsnip> My guess is he is hiding inside 4 walls with roof. Supplies possibly stocked it from an earlier camping trip. I think he may be the only one inside the structure by himself based on his known actions to date. <modsnip - no link> He has been gone 10 days. <modsnip - no sleuthing family>

I am so naive. I can’t imagine the parents allowing this farce of a search for BL in the reserve if they know he’s not there. IMO SAR/LE are using this opportunity to play with their toys and get some training in. I don’t think he’s there but IMO he’s probably dead.

I live about an hour north of the search area and have visited the state park in the winter. I can't imagine anyone spending any length of time there in the summer. If he's there, he's dead in my opinion. He seems to be somewhat implusive, so suicide is on the table. I'm just so struck by his parents demeanor and behavior through all this tumult. They don't seem to be grieving for anyone. Happy go lucky after he returns home in the van alone, bike rides, camping trips like nothing is amiss. Now they just seem peeved about all the media attention. Keeping up appearances. That family has alot of secrets. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam