Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bigger question is WHERE did BL use the card? Did he use it on federal land? If he took off in the van and then--down the road--realized her purse was still tucked under the seat where she kept it and took out the credit card and used it (after he was off federal land), would it still qualify as a federal crime?
Snipped for response’s clarity.
The indictment (I believe) mentioned that the fraud interrupted interstate commerce. So imo it’s not that he committed fraud on federal land, but it’s the multi-state aspect of the fraud that makes it a federal offense.

I don't think he planned to kill her at all. He was just a common garden variety, woman basher and this time his usual beating went too far.

Yes, that, but also, I think it's going to be hard to convict him of murder because the video of LE and the traffic stop in Moab show him to be the recipient of scratches.

I would think a defense attorney--JMOO--would make the point that GP and BL were both abusers and that this one got out of hand. BL may even say GP started it this time, and how do they prove differently?

JMOO

You guys, you know how it’s perfectly legal for police to lie to subjects during an investigation? I’m wondering a similar thing about lawyers talking to the media. Are lawyers ethically/legally obligated to tell the truth on tv or in statements? Or are they allowed to muddy the waters?

I’m asking this in relation to BL’s parents lawyer who claimed in the last couple days he left his house without a wallet or phone. I’m just wondering if there’s any imperative that suggests this *has* to be true.
"OJ didn't do it."
"Casey is innocent."
Need I go on? Anyone can lie, everyone does lie. He's not even under oath, he's literally on stage.

Yes, that, but also, I think it's going to be hard to convict him of murder because the video of LE and the traffic stop in Moab show him to be the recipient of scratches.

I would think a defense attorney--JMOO--would make the point that GP and BL were both abusers and that this one got out of hand. BL may even say GP started it this time, and how do they prove differently?

JMOO

Gabby's dead and BL isn't...

JMOO
Scratches are not equal to whatever he did to cause her death and I am not sure if who started it comes into a murder conviction.

JMOO
We do not yet know the cause of death (only the manner, which is homicide). When the autopsy results are available, that may change a lot of people's minds about what happened.

Whoa! I do know vax is required in Canada but it's entirely easy to fudge such documentation.

Don’t think it’s him to begin with. <modsnip> But, coming into Canada wouldn’t be easy for a Canadian or American. I highly doubt those people could come up with a functional fake passport in 7 days time or so. Every time I’ve crossed back in Canada, as a Canadian citizen, I’m met with a series of questions.

SEP 25, 2021
Brian Laundrie: Search stretches into 7th day for person of interest in Gabby Petito case (fox5atlanta.com)
The search for Brian Laundrie, the sole person of interest in the Gabby Petito case, has now reached its seventh day ...

Search teams from 16 different agencies have joined in the effort to find Laundrie ...

[...]

Crews said they would resume the search Saturday, having already combed the whole north side and much of the Venice side of the reserve.

"We are not wasting our time out here. We are doing our due diligence to find Brian in an area that intelligence had led us that he could possibly be in," Fussell explained.

[...]

Scratches are not equal to whatever he did to cause her death and I am not sure if who started it comes into a murder conviction.
Of course it can. If you come at me with a knife saying 'I'm going to kill you" and, in turn, I throw a cast iron bollard at you and you die. Clearly, you "started" it. Um, that'd surely come into it. A wild example, I know.

I read here on WS that BL left his wallet and cards at home (unsure if true, tho). My question is whether BL also left his Passport at home?
IMO, He’s not going to need that either. With a good set of “fake” documents you can go anywhere, and right now I’m sure he doesn’t want to be BL. If he goes to an airport or to the border right now he will need to show either one of those documents and as of right now, he’s getting searched by the FBI so it doesn’t look good on him when his name comes up in the system. Border patrol or TSA will call the feds on him.

One thing in curious about, is the supposed BL family camping trip sometime between the 7-10th. A lot here have thought that the family had basically stocked up on supplies, got him to a safe place and drove back home. In three days, that’s entirely possible. But, if they did in fact actually go camping where did they go? How has no one come forward to say they’ve seen them or their very distinguishable camper attachment to that truck? If they were in a campground for three days I would imagine they must have been seen. I guess they could have gone back to one of BL’s beloved dispersed camping sites for the free spot, but why would an older couple cheap out like that. A regulated campsite would have facilities nearby, a power hook up. A proper fire pit on site, etc. So I’m leaning towards they didn’t go camping at all, as someone must have seen them. And not just one group, many people would have noticed this couple and their balding twenty something son.

ADMIN NOTE:

Any further attempts by members to compare the individual wanted in the Pooler incident to Brian Laundrie will be removed and members discussing it will receive a 1 week TO.

LE may have said the individual in the Pooler incident is NOT Brian Laundrie because ?? ...

This man is Brian Laundrie’s evil twin or a doppleganger

The police have nothing else or better to do than lie to the public

The police have engaged in a disinformation campaign for some reason

or quite possibly

The police have been able to verify that the indivdiual in the Pooler image is not Brian Laundrie, in which case he is a random individual who is wanted for fraud but who has no known connection to this case.

If members want to hash that out in private discussion, that’s fine, but don’t bring that discussion back on the public thread.

Thank you.
I’m pretty new here, and was wondering about that. Am I correct in understanding that topics not allowed for discussion on the forum are allowed using the conversation function, just person to person?

One thing in curious about, is the supposed BL family camping trip sometime between the 7-10th. A lot here have thought that the family had basically stocked up on supplies, got him to a safe place and drove back home. In three days, that’s entirely possible. But, if they did in fact actually go camping where did they go? How has no one come forward to say they’ve seen them or their very distinguishable camper attachment to that truck? If they were in a campground for three days I would imagine they must have been seen. I guess they could have gone back to one of BL’s beloved dispersed camping sites for the free spot, but why would an older couple cheap out like that. A regulated campsite would have facilities nearby, a power hook up. A proper fire pit on site, etc. So I’m leaning towards they didn’t go camping at all, as someone must have seen them. And not just one group, many people would have noticed this couple and their balding twenty something son.
It’s quite possible someone did but hasn’t gone to media with their information. I’d think twice about going to the media if I did tbh. What a circus it has turned into for some other folks.

Don’t think it’s him to begin with. <modsnip> But, coming into Canada wouldn’t be easy for a Canadian or American. I highly doubt those people could come up with a functional fake passport in 7 days time or so. Every time I’ve crossed back in Canada, as a Canadian citizen, I’m met with a series of questions.

Maybe it's changed in recent years, but I've been able to go into NYC and get my passport in one day, no waiting period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member