Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO LE is not releasing the details of the 3 day camping trip because it has direct relationship to their case. Not one person has come out saying they saw this family over those 3 days, nor has media released footage of BL after this timeframe. I think this plays a major red flag for their timeline and is direct evidence of BL’s location(s). But it still begs the questions why are they searching the reserve so hard? Why are they not releasing this bit of information? How do these connect? Especially if they are not searching other locations so hard as they are the reserve?

Reading this thread and all the others, I have come to the conclusion that I am the only one who hates camping. I haven’t gone since summer before 6th grade and I’m 38. I used to enjoy it but that summer my mom (with mental health issues) told my sister and I we were going camping for a few weeks but what she actually meant we were moving from San Diego to Kalispell, Montana to live in a campground for almost 2 years. First in a tent and then in a tiny tiny camping trailer.
I understand where you're coming from. My dad is an avid fisherman and I am not kidding, almost every single weekend of my childhood (from age 6 - 16 years old) my parents would throw everything in the car Friday evening when he got home from work and we would take off to go camping while he fished and we wouldn't return until Sunday evening. It was 100% about keeping my dad happy and my sister and I just got dragged along regardless of the weather. There were so many missed social events with my classmates (birthday parties, slumber parties, going to the mall), no opportunities to play team sports, and no chilling out at home to watch cartoons like a normal kid. It also affected me as an adult- I have zero tolerance for elective suffering, feel no need to "rough it" (been there, done that) and really just love being at home most of the time. My husband became an avid hiker about ten years into our marriage and we found the best solution was to get an RV so I could be in comfort while he pushes himself out in the elements. I still love nature and don't mind camping (more like glamping) but it has to be on my terms.

Most public libraries allow access to computers by non card holders. They will give you a temporary passcode, usually with a time limit on use. I have accessed the internet at public libraries where I don't have a card because I live elsewhere.

If evidence was found, the challenge would be linking the code to a specific user since the library will have no personally identifying info on record due to privacy laws. Library use records can be obtained by LE. However, once again due to privacy laws and a commitment to upholding them as promulgated by the American Library Association (backed by the U.S. Constitution), it is very unusual but not unprecedented to release any user information without a legal document demanding it.

Having obtained a master's in library science and work experience in county library systems, I am familiar with the usual privacy protections they have in place.
IMO

Thank you for your info.

I am wondering why the Moloney Family Funeral Home is listing Gabby's date of death as September 19, 2021. We know that's not accurate. But what could be the significance of that date that they use it this way? (In two separate occasions.)
https://www.moloneyfh.com/obituary/?first-name=&last-name=Petito&obit-search=true
Iirc. That is the date from the coroner, date that GP was found and pronounced dead. No date of official t.o.d. Until full autopsy report is released

Frank Figliuzzi, a former assistant director for counterintelligence at the FBI, predicted that Brian’s parents will soon be summoned to a grand jury. "I would expect that to happen momentarily, see them in front of a grand jury, and then if they are not going to cooperate, they can get charged with contempt or obstruction. There is no parental-child privilege, and I actually thought, by now, we would see them summoned to the grand jury. We now have an indictment, it's a federal case."

National security expert expects Brian Laundrie’s parents to be 'summoned to the grand jury' momentarily

IMO LE is not releasing the details of the 3 day camping trip because it has direct relationship to their case. Not one person has come out saying they saw this family over those 3 days, nor has media released footage of BL after this timeframe. I think this plays a major red flag for their timeline and is direct evidence of BL’s location(s). But it still begs the questions why are they searching the reserve so hard? Why are they not releasing this bit of information? How do these connect? Especially if they are not searching other locations so hard as they are the reserve?

I was listening to a Nancy grace podcast on GB that was released I believe this past Tuesday. She had several experts on, and the LE expert former FBI said that they carry these search missing out in full force because they view it as an opportunity for training. It does beg the question if they don’t seriously think he’s in there why keep it going for so long?

I'm not critcizing Gabby's parents, but was wondering what caused them to feel they didn't feel the need to file a missing person's report for such a long time? Was it common for these kids to not communicate for such a long time? I know they are loving parents, but just wondered what held them back. I would have been hysterical by the time the "Stan" text came.

I don't find it that unusual, albeit perhaps a bit long. Between the last text and the realization that she is missing, it was about ten days only. I think they became pretty concerned towards the end but thought 'just wait one more day'. MOO.

My own parents don't hear much from me when I am travelling (definitely longer time spans than at home). I don't want to be much on the phone then and I often don't have Internet connection while e.g. camping. But Gabby was on a longer trip so I would expect more regular texts probably. Like once a week?

We only got a report they didn't look at a book. Probably went to the restroom.
Must have been some kind of restroom if it was worth driving 150 miles, right?? o_O SMH. Were they doing it for a lark to see if the Feds would follow them there and back? Did they stash money for BL behind a particular book such as Alice in Wonderland, or On the Road, or The Invisible Man? This family is... :eek:

Sadly, it does appear to be a missed opportunity to help Gabby, but wasn't helping herself. She was instead blaming herself. In one moment she explained that she kept apologizing to him for her own behavior.

What a circle of abuse she seemed to be trapped in. Blaming herself, apologizing to him, making excuses why she was in a bad mood, minimizing the entire situation. Just a terrible place to be.

She probably didn't even know she was trapped, rather than voluntarily on a vanlife adventure, he was working her psychologically, long before that trip began, twisting her mind up.
Her own circle of friends and family did not even suspect DV. How could strangers who an hour of interaction with them suspect it?

Hindsight is always better than foresight...if the situation that afternoon had not been diffused by separating them, it could have happened that night. I don't think GP even knew how bad it was. Hopefully this will stand as a lesson to other DV victims.

Yes. If he left the country using ID issued in his name, the FBI would know and wouldn't be spending massive amounts of money destroying the nature reserve.

I also don't think there are different rules for getting a US passport depending on the state. Passports are federally issued after all. So NY and FL don't have different rules from NC. From Passport Services | Office of Global Engagement | NC State University

Yes, I agree this is for mail in services and how long it takes. When I went to the NYC passport office I received my blue passport that same day. It wasn't for an emergency reason, life or death reason, it was a available service without an appointment, a walk in I guess you could call it.

"The entire country is experiencing a massive surge in urgent passport demand.

No need to keep calling local offices – all local passport offices across the country, including every single office in North Carolina, offer the EXACT SAME processing times, including for Expedited processing.

Right now the fastest you could receive your passport through any local passport office is up to 6 weeks PLUS 4 business days. (That’s paying extra for Expedited processing plus Express Mail both ways.)

If 6 weeks plus 4 business days is not fast enough for your travel plans, the only faster option is to get an appointment to go in person to a regional Passport Agency. (The closest agencies to us are in Washington, DC or Atlanta.) To pursue that option, including for life or death emergencies, please see the Department of State’s official webpage: travel.state.gov"

I was listening to a Nancy grace podcast on GB that was released I believe this past Tuesday. She had several experts on, and the LE expert former FBI said that they carry these search missing out in full force because they view it as an opportunity for training. It does beg the question if they don’t seriously think he’s in there why keep it going for so long?
Hmmm, hadn't thought of that. Good point. A training opportunity, -- that does make all that time & manpower make more sense. Yes.

Date of death is generally listed as date body was found to be deceased.
And how long it takes to officially report it. My sister was here in home hospice and I was asleep when she passed away but I woke up around 11pm. and called the hospice then had to wait til someone arrived to officially declare and report her death.....they did not do that until after midnight, so they declared her death as Dec. 1, but she died on Nov. 30. I hate to remember that, but it's stuck in my brain. JMO

This is both wonderful and scary to hear.

Agreed on both feelings on the issue. I suspect they do have IT monitoring usage during open hours, and lots of stuff is blocked. Like no social media access is one part. But I think it’s been really helpful to remove barriers to access for our unhoused residents and also for students needing computer access but without parents willing to come set that up, and for immigrants just trying to land on their feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong