Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Publicly known "evidence sufficient to convict" him of the homicide is just not going to happen. Not at this point, and not until any trial, if there is one.

Folks following this and similar cases should really understand that the legs process is long, and incremental, that trials are tricky (in the sense of adding procedural matters into the mix when it comes to what evidence is admissible or not, and many other things), and until closing arguments, you are just not going to know what all is in the mix from an adjudication perspective.

There is a significant distance between/among evidence sufficient to arrest, to charge, to prosecute, and to close.

Not directed specifically at you, but statements before there is even a person in custody that "I don't see enough for a conviction" just really clutter the discussion.

I doubt the public is privy to what evidence LE has at the moment, especially if it could be used in court to convict. IMO.

Things I wish LE would release if they have "neighbors security cam footage of mustang/Brian going to Preserve in Florida". This might be why they are so sure he is there, or was there.
Wouldn't be surprised if LE has non-public trail cam evidence to support their persistent searches and resource expenditures. Probably also peppered the area with additional sensors and cams. I'm guessing they have whatever video evidence neighbors have. I would hope that if any neighbors have anything at all, video, observsations or otherwise, let's hope they speak up right away and not wait until a news reporter interviews them and casually unearths a very relevant camping trip!

just my opinion

MOO: we have a couple who have been together off and on for years. Friends and family who report nothing in the way of red flags that something like this could have happened to GP. (Even Rose, who I think is the only one reporting seeing controlling behavior.) They’d even traveled together extensively before. What’s the new variable? VanLife SM? Any others?
Very tricky to answer this question but it is important to me. Very important that we show our kids what proper boundaries are in relationships. I think it is possible that those commenting or reporting might not have recognized that this was an unhealthy relationship. What we do know is that Gabby's dad referred to her having *boyfriends*, plural. And, that he never liked any of them, and didn't call them by their real names. Specifically calling Brian, Brianne.

What I am saying is that it may not have been completely evident to Gabby and those around her just how bad this relationship was because of what they were conditioned to believe was normal.

Th

That’s exactly what I thought. I thought medical! I posted way back when that he might have flown back to see his doctor, psychiatrist!
I very much do think that could make sense! If he needed to regularly return on a monthly basis or something! I didn’t get the impression that happened regularly because of fights but maybe because of planned reasons? Hmmm

Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

I do find the timing of the abandoned vehicle report very odd. If he LEFT on Tuesday (The 14th), it is unlikely that at on 9/14 at 2:42pm the NPPD would already be marking the car as abandoned. This leads me to believe it was there Monday or before. Otherwise, it's quite likely the driver of that vehicle could have still been in the park "hiking".
MAYBE... since BL's Mom and Dad had the Thursday wrong as the day they picked up the car (Confirmed by https://twitter.com/BrianEntin, car was back at the house EARLY Wednesday 9/15) they were a day late on their whole timeline? He left on Monday, note on car Tuesday, picked up car Wednesday)
All IMO MOO.

This map indicates the road trip started in New York. Is it know that this where the van was purchased and/or outfitted and/or they prepared for the trip? Maybe somebody could clarify (sorry if it's been done already...) why the trip isn't viewed as originating in Florida where Gabby and Brian were living?

Also, random unrelated question that may have also been discussed, but is "storage unit" code-speak for that shed in the Laundrie's back yard? The whole 'moving things around for 5 days' is as puzzling to me as it is to everyone who is missing a lot of information about those days they two of them were apart.

If you check out their social media the van was equipped in FL. It looks like they made a trip to visit GP's family in NY (possibly) and then headed out from there.

Thanks. The reason I don't doubt it though is because it could be that Brian left her often. And she was afraid he'd leave her before the police stop. Maybe he left her before when he was mad on one of their past trips.

I'll try to listen to the interview also and see if I hear anything different from the transcript. That's a good idea. Thanks!

Bumble friend? hmmmm.....

One thing comes to mind. With all their breakups we dont know who was the one walking away or was it both. Regarding how much money that had left...her dad seem to think they had money, but we dont know how honest Gabby was with her dad. Might not have wanted him to worry. But, obviously they were not making much with the online media.

I thought it interesting that when LE asked Gabby where she worked she said she had just left a juice bar, that she was a nutritionist. Maybe worked for Brian's family. Friends said they both saved up for van and trips. They might have decided to put the van in her name and have one account in her name but shared the pin.

We really have so little information. LE wants to make sure if this comes to trial, all ducks in a row.

Last edited:
Yes, I appreciate you guys bringing this up. Her sentence is weird altogether to me.

She said, "Because that's what he did when he is..."

I don't want to overanalyze her because she might have been nervous, but the use of two different tenses raised my brows. Does she mean "that was what he did when he was," "that's what he does when he is," or what?

I don't understand the statement in the context that this was something he did once -- as in August 17th to the 23rd. She sounds like she's trying to say something happened habitually. Does anyone disagree?

If that's the case, she might not be referring to an August 17th trip, but instead, a habit (which could include that 8/17 trip, btw.)

There's a lot unknown publicly that is likely far better known within the investigation team/s. By now, surely someone at least has it on their to-do list to check all the reasonable places to see if he flew. Charges on his/parents'/Gabby's cards for flights or uber, airline records, etc.

But that also might not yet have been done, as whether or not he flew back would be of interest mostly to sketch out a full time frame and to develop a line of investigation into the nature of their relationship/plans. It's not the most directly relevant thing with respect to when/how/by whom she was killed.

Agreed, but if her time of death can be established, and their phones can be traced in a manner that suggests he sent the messages, it would be excellent circumstantial evidence, as he never reported her missing, imo.
So upon locating her remains she’s thought have been deceased for ~10 days(???). Is that about right? Given that, how narrowly can “time” of death be estimated??

Added the "Long Island" location with links to the info about beginning the trip Jul 2, after the graduation of GP's brother (SOURCE).

Got it. They left from Florida, but didn't begin documenting the road trip for her channel until after her brother's graduation in New York. Thanks to all who cleared this up!

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered -- just point me to those posts, if so: With all the searching LE has done in the Reserve, is it reasonable to assume that if he had gone in there and committed suicide, they would have found something with all the surveillance they were doing also?

ETA: If you asked LE that question, what would they say?

Battery needs to be removed for “no trace”
You’d say that’s relevant to today’s cellphones? And are you familiar with the process of removing a battery from those phones? Because it’s not what it used to be. They are built into the phones now. Tools are required. Same goes for the newer basic flip phones and elusive BlackBerry devices. Removable batteries are a thing of the past. Powering down the phone and chucking it off a bridge is your best bet.

no power = no signal = no trace / JMO

Last edited:
Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

I do find the timing of the abandoned vehicle report very odd. If he LEFT on Tuesday (The 14th), it is unlikely that at on 9/14 at 2:42pm the NPPD would already be marking the car as abandoned. This leads me to believe it was there Monday or before. Otherwise, it's quite likely the driver of that vehicle could have still been in the park "hiking".
MAYBE... since BL's Mom and Dad had the Thursday wrong as the day they picked up the car (Confirmed by https://twitter.com/BrianEntin, car was back at the house EARLY Wednesday 9/15) they were a day late on their whole timeline? He left on Monday, note on car Tuesday, picked up car Wednesday)
All IMO MOO.

Yes, that's what I was wondering also. I don't think it was Monday. I think the parents are lying.

I meant more-so maybe she lied about the reason he flew home because she was embarrassed to say they had a blowout fight that caused him to leave, or something. Not money.

MOO

With that sort of fight, it’d be easy to visualize her ‘fibbing’ to her parents to ‘protect’ him from them. If she wanted to continue the relationship. I speak from experience.

But, one thing is certain—if he flew home, LE knows it. Now, if he didn’t, I’m sure they’d try to find out what was going on, just to better understand the dynamics of the situation, but it wouldn’t be tremendously important, considering that we know she was alive and with him on the 27th. (Assuming that the Merry Piglets story is true.)

MOO

So upon locating her remains she’s thought have been deceased for ~10 days(???). Is that about right? Given that, how narrowly can “time” of death be estimated??
Yes, someone linked a professional upthread that can do that based on bugs and bug age. But, I don't know that it is done to the hour, but possibly days I presume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627