Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: the following is gross and I'm no forensic expert... Another thing that might help determine time of death is the contents of the stomach and intestines, assuming those were still able to be checked. If GP had been known to have eaten a meal at a particular time (for instance, in a restaurant), and the contents of that meal were still in her GI tract, that might help pin down the time of death.

JMO
That is correct. Even the location of the food in the intestinal tract can indicate time of death. But, all the studies I've read on this pertain only to freshly discovered corpses.
After a few weeks decomposition, I'm not sure it would somehow be miraculously preserved. I've not researched my last sentence so I'm just speculating.. but..

GP's other friends have stated they didn't know BL very well from what I have seen.
Is there another friend stating they had a great relationship free from problems because I must have missed that?

From what I know, when Gabby moved to FL, she left her friends behind. She made that one new friend from Bumble when she got to FL. Not to say she didn't have others in FL. That I don't know. But her back home friends probably didn't know the relationship well. I guess they might have known of him in high school, though. Just tossing in what I know.

Last edited:
Which is exactly the part of Bumble it has been said she had used to look for friends in a location new to her. The speculation on this point is unnecessarily lurid.
Full disclosure, I work in the mental health, intellectual/developmental disabilities, and child welfare field and internet stalking and trafficking is an important piece of what we assess for. As such, I was recently part of a training by the FBI and Homeland Security that went into depth about how these apps are used to target people and they gave brutal examples. I am in no way placing judgment on Gabby's use of the app, I simply have just been baptized in how very, very bad people can target others through those apps and they would never know until it is too late.

Publicly known "evidence sufficient to convict" him of the homicide is just not going to happen. Not at this point, and not until any trial, if there is one.

Folks following this and similar cases should really understand that the legs process is long, and incremental, that trials are tricky (in the sense of adding procedural matters into the mix when it comes to what evidence is admissible or not, and many other things), and until closing arguments, you are just not going to know what all is in the mix from an adjudication perspective.

There is a significant distance between/among evidence sufficient to arrest, to charge, to prosecute, and to close.

Not directed specifically at you, but statements before there is even a person in custody that "I don't see enough for a conviction" just really clutter the discussion.

I do think it's important to remember on this board to remember that he's only wanted for bank fraud at this time. I'm also discussing this in the context that he and his family seem to be doing a lot of self-harm possibly due to poor legal representation where for instance it's been asked if the family lawyer could himself face charges. It's been the actions of him and his family that have made him look guilty rather than any specific evidence from the crime scene that has come out.

I question the Bumble friend simply because she seems to be the only friend with a conflicting view on Gabby and Brian’s relationship. A lot of what she’s said contrasts with the accounts of Gabby’s other friends who’ve made comments in regards to the relationship. She’s also the only friend who got a photo op… I found that weird. /JMO
Can you please provide links to the other friends' accounts that contrast with her Florida friend's account? I have not read anything said by other friends about their relationship other than that it was on-again-off-again. I haven't seen anyone who knew them both while living together saying much of anything, which I've found kind of interesting.

On the News Nation special the other night (Gabby Petito: NewsNation Special Report | Fox 59), they reported that her parents 'weren't wild' about the relationship and BL, but she was an adult and they didn't feel they should interfere with her moving to Florida.

As an avid hiker and lover of the outdoors, if I were in BL's shoes I would be somewhere I loved and enjoyed, not stuck up a tree fighting off fire ants and mosquitoes. IMO, he's having a last hoorah in nature, one that could last as long as possible and sustain the imagination through years of possible incarceration.

I suggested Canada in the poll-- as it's a hiker's paradise, remote, accessible via hiking, perhaps known to him due to his youth in the Northeast, and filled with cabins and vacation homes that are emptying out at this time of year.

JMO

Funny you say that because he considers himself some barefoot hiking expert according to the Instagrams.

I want to remind people that during Cassie’s media interview, she started to say something about how she didn’t know why Brian would return without Gabby, or why he’d drive, that she would’ve expected he’d fly because he’d recently flown….but she cut herself off and said she couldn’t talk about that due to police looking into that. I’ll try to find the clip. BUT that was the only additional semi-confirmation — other than GP’s families claims — regarding BL’s potential 8/17 flight to FL. Even though she didn’t mention 8/17 or a location, she did start to mention a recent flight he’d taken. @elmomom @Newsjunkiejen

ETA: Not sure if this was a slip-up, or innocent, or even if she knew because we as the public knew that too but didn’t know it first-hand. I still don’t think this is confirmation it occurred but it is an interesting tidbit. It’s also possible he flew home for something like a funeral and she knew about that.

ETA: Here is that transcript and the clip ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito
Question: Did you know that the van was back and you're...?

Cassie Laundrie: No.

Question: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that.

Questioner: No problem. No problem.

Cassie Laundrie: I think that's more police stuff.

It appears--JMOO--some of those who are closest to the people involved in this case are being asked by LE to be quiet.

That would make sense considering we can't seem to get any official confirmation on whether BL flew back to Florida or not. Why would something like that be so secret? I mean, wasn't it Gabby's mother who first said it--so it's out there, right? It's not like no one knows, and I also think it probably isn't related to her death.

JMOO

I'm from England and I've never been to the USA so this might seem like a dumb question, but; How easy is it to travel from state to state in the US?
Do you have to stop at the borders? do you have to show papers etc? or just keep driving?

These days you just drive on through so far as I know. Passing a sign welcoming you to x state is the only way you know you've crossed state lines. And maybe there will be a welcome center with restrooms and maps but with interstate highways (and not much need for paper maps) those may not exist much anymore.

However, in the "olden days" I'm pretty sure some agricultural states did require inspections of all entering vehicles to ensure bad insects and maybe plant disease/fungi weren't being brought in on produce in the car. I think I remember Florida used to do that mainly because of the orange groves.

Full disclosure, I work in the mental health, intellectual/developmental disabilities, and child welfare field and internet stalking and trafficking is an important piece of what we assess for. As such, I was recently part of a training by the FBI and Homeland Security that went into depth about how these apps are used to target people and they gave brutal examples. I am in no way placing judgment on Gabby's use of the app, I simply have just been baptized in how very, very bad people can target others through those apps and they would never know until it is too late.

Right. It's no different than meeting total strangers on the dating part of the app. Although sometimes you get lucky, most of the time it's exactly what it seems -- meeting random strangers who may or may not be anything like who they claim to be, or much worse. My daughter has met people on Bumble BFF and she literally uses it just to find people to go out with her at night so she's not alone, having just moved to a new city.

Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

I do find the timing of the abandoned vehicle report very odd. If he LEFT on Tuesday (The 14th), it is unlikely that at on 9/14 at 2:42pm the NPPD would already be marking the car as abandoned. This leads me to believe it was there Monday or before. Otherwise, it's quite likely the driver of that vehicle could have still been in the park "hiking".
MAYBE... since BL's Mom and Dad had the Thursday wrong as the day they picked up the car (Confirmed by https://twitter.com/BrianEntin, car was back at the house EARLY Wednesday 9/15) they were a day late on their whole timeline? He left on Monday, note on car Tuesday, picked up car Wednesday)
All IMO MOO.

Was it literally a note placed in the car? If it was, how would the parents know that they needed to move the car? Wouldn’t they have at least sent a text to Dearest Son, so he wouldn’t freak out when he emerged from his meditation/hiking trip and saw that his car was missing?

Maybe if they set a trail of plastic bottles on the ground, he’ll come out of hiding. :mad::mad:
Oops, I meant to say “come out of missing”.

Not to make light of the situation, but it’s around this time in a case that we need a little levity.

IMO
MOO

I've given up on trying to keep up with the threads. :) But I'm obsessively checking MSM and keep hoping to wake up to news that BL has been apprehended.

There's one thing I have been thinking about, and forgive me if this has already been gone over a million times in the past threads. I read that the search for BL has cost nearly $1M and is rising (Cost of search for Brian Laundrie estimated at nearly $1 million and counting). In a less reputable source (Ex-cop slams $1.2M spent on Laundrie search and flags other missing people), an expert stated BL's parents would be liable for these costs if it could be proved they purposefully sent LE on a wild goose chase.

I believe that this is what they did: give BL a head start and send LE into Carlton Reserve as a ruse. (Maybe this is why they went to see the lawyer in Orlando? To find out whether they're on the hook for $1.2M+? MOO, obviously, who knows why they went to see the lawyer in Orlando.) "No wallet and no cell phone" seems like another ruse. MOO is that he has a burner phone and plenty of $$$.

BUT if he's really out there somewhere with no cell phone, then maybe he doesn't know there's this huge manhunt happening? He allegedly "vanished" before GP's body was found and identified. I wonder if there's a tiny of a sliver of a chance that he doesn't realize what's happened since he went on the lam. And if that's the case, maybe, just maybe, he'll get sloppy. MOO!

That is correct. Even the location of the food in the intestinal tract can indicate time of death. But, all the studies I've read on this pertain only to freshly discovered corpses.
After a few weeks decomposition, I'm not sure it would somehow be miraculously preserved. I've not researched my last sentence so I'm just speculating.. but..

I think it's a "situational" thing.
As I've said, Sasha Krause's body was a month in the Coconino Forrest AZ in fluctuating high low temps (not buried - out in the open in some brush) and we all thought there was no way they'd get much information at that point but it was reported they did establish stomach contents.

I don't know.
I speculate they would say
'NoComment'

Right, I definitely think they'd say "no comment" publicly, just wondering, I guess, if it's possible that he could have gone into the swamp and committed suicide and there would be no trace that LE could find.

Very tricky to answer this question but it is important to me. Very important that we show our kids what proper boundaries are in relationships. I think it is possible that those commenting or reporting might not have recognized that this was an unhealthy relationship. What we do know is that Gabby's dad referred to her having *boyfriends*, plural. And, that he never liked any of them, and didn't call them by their real names. Specifically calling Brian, Brianne.

What I am saying is that it may not have been completely evident to Gabby and those around her just how bad this relationship was because of what they were conditioned to believe was normal.

Brianne? Was this a dig at his sexuality or?

ok, I found it...wow. Dad didn't like BL. GUt instincts were spot on.
Gabby Petito's dad mocked Brian Laundrie with nickname

Last edited:
I do think it's important to remember on this board to remember that he's only wanted for bank fraud at this time. I'm also discussing this in the context that he and his family seem to be doing a lot of self-harm possibly due to poor legal representation where for instance it's been asked if the family lawyer could himself face charges. It's been the actions of him and his family that have made him look guilty rather than any specific evidence from the crime scene that has come out.
I respectfully would like to point out that the above is opinion. IMO, it's parsing words to say that he's "only" wanted for bank fraud. Bank fraud is the only charge that has been made public at this time. We do not know if there is a sealed warrant for other crimes. He is a POI in a murder.

Last edited:

Was a forensic entomologist involved in the autopsy?
LE appears to have the time of death within a few days(?).

Brian Entin just said on his Twitter live broadcast that the FBI are looking into restaurants the Laundries may have gone to after GP’s disappearance and asking for camera surveillance if it’s available.
Looking for evidence that BL was present most likely. NPPD seemed to think they knew where he was but alas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288