UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I did anything useful here but I often play around with images on luna pic. I cut out everything but the red bit and kept editing it. What interested me was I could see two darker depressions. I cannot see how to upload a photo, but I found it it could be a scarf with a machinery part inside? To me it might be something in two parts joined together and a heavy metal object. It is frustrating not to be able to load the picture. What machinery part looks like this and from where?

I just had a look at crane hooks. They are not expensive to buy. I could see a few that might make sense...

Attachments

• imageedit_7_9268189026.png
    imageedit_7_9268189026.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 79
  • imageedit_7_9268189026.png
    imageedit_7_9268189026.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I don't know if I did anything useful here but I often play around with images on lunatic. I cut out everything but the red bit and kept editing it. What interested me was I could see two darker depressions. I cannot see how to upload a photo, but I found it it could be a scarf with a machinery part inside? To me it might be something in two parts joined together and a heavy metal object. It is frustrating not to be able to load the picture.
Sometimes it helps to take a screenshot of the photo, to reduce its "size" to upload.

He might be some deranged person patrolling the streets - remember the case of Julia J?? She was killed by a madman while walking her dog! My God! He bashed her head with an iron bar for apparently no reason.
My heart breaks for Sabine - she was such a beautiful woman, loved by many, adored by her students. I cant imagine what pain her family goes through:(

I struggle to see why someone would wear a hi-vis reflective vest when committing a spontaneous assault or murder in a park. If he had it in his pocket throughout, why take it out?

It could be reflective construction site gloves as previously suggested. Again, not a natural item to bring to a crime.

I presume construction workers would have left the site well before 8:30pm. He could have hung around the area but would have likely been caught on camera a few more times. I also think, that if he is indeed an onsite construction worker, someone would have identified him by now.

Timing of video is key. If it is indeed shortly before the assault I think it is more likely pre-meditated than spontaneous. I still don‘t understand why she was attacked outside her apartment. Somebody preying on random victims in the area would have surely just lurkes in the park rather than wander into the residential streets.

Also I don’t think I’ve seen the specifics of the newer crime scene mentioned - I think it’s possibly Cobham House, 10 Pegler Square. You can see the camera that would’ve captured him walking past on the right side of the door if you’re facing it. I wonder if that was him walking from car park towards her home? Would that make sense? Edit: having had another look I can see that it is the main access route to the Pegler Sq Car Park.

Funnily enough there’s also a security person behind the glass if you look at the image of the door in Google Earth. Made me wonder if this man might even be a construction or maintenance worker in and around the Pegler Square area.

I still think he knew her but I’m more than willing to entertain all other possibilities!

Last edited:
Also I don’t think I’ve seen the specifics of the newer crime scene mentioned - I think it’s possibly Cobham House, 10 Pegler Square. You can see the camera that would’ve captured him walking past on the right side of the door if you’re facing it. I wonder if that was him walking from car park towards her home? Would that make sense?

Funnily enough there’s also a security person behind the glass if you look at the image of the door in Google Earth. Made me wonder if this man might even be a construction or maintenance worker in and around the Pegler Square area.

I still think he knew her but I’m more than willing to entertain all other possibilities!

Seeing the security guard could have been what spooked cctv man,perhaps he mistook him for a policeman.

Seeing the security guard could have been what spooked cctv man,perhaps he mistook him for a policeman.

I think the security person in the pic was probably only there to watch over the building when it was under construction and probably easier to break into. From the media pics it looks like the street (and that building) has since been completed. If there aren’t many residents in there yet maybe there could still be a security person though. I think he was simply spooked by the camera though.

I have a question.
As I understand Sabina lived in an apartament building in an estate with many such buildings, right?
It was 8.30 pm - dark, but quite early.
Where I live there are a lot of people milling around at this time, especially dog walkers.
It is just unthinkable to kill sb at this time at the front of a block of flats.
Im lost for words.

I live near a whole load of new build developments with multiple apartment blocks. They are not really 'estates' as in the old council type estates, but spaced out areas. There are shops incorporated and a park - but still, when you walk deep into to get to a block further back, the areas are not heaving with people. Obviously it is quieter because not a public thoroughfare, and in the evening it would be even more desolate.

If the perp had been watching her movements he might know what the area was like, and as someone else said, he could have been aware of her going out that night by some means either through a third party or his own.

And all of a sudden I’d really love to know what time the man she was meeting arrived in the pub, how he travelled there and what direction he approached the square/building from.

I’d also really love it if Google could update their pics of the area too. I think a lot of it looks quite different now.

Coincidently wearing red gloves.

Last edited:
I am confused about the repeated reports that she was attacked in the park, and others which more or less state it was outside or closer to her home.

Anyone have a definite location?

Also I don’t think I’ve seen the specifics of the newer crime scene mentioned - I think it’s possibly Cobham House, 10 Pegler Square. You can see the camera that would’ve captured him walking past on the right side of the door if you’re facing it. I wonder if that was him walking from car park towards her home? Would that make sense?

Yea, the CCTV footage is definitely from there (Cobham House) as it matches the other side of the street.

Google Maps

I'm really surprised that Kent news report is saying the CCTV footage is from BEFORE the murder - as on the CCTV he is walking away from where she lives. Surely a mistake.

This seems very plausible to me, except for one thing, to me he looks quite thin, and I know I'm stereotyping here but builders tend to have more muscle than he seems to have in that cctv. His legs are thin. He looks to me either like someone of no fixed abode or someone who has a sort of professional job, though those seem like two rather polarised options, and I can't decide which is more likely.

Putting this together with my theory the red part of the picture is a scarf wrapped round a machinery part. The area had a lot of construction. You do not have to be someone doing the heavy work on a construction site. It made me wonder what parts might be available. Maybe part of a crane? I know there are a fair few of those in the area.

Yea, the CCTV footage is definitely from there (Cobham House) as it matches the other side of the street.

Google Maps

I'm really surprised that Kent news report is saying the CCTV footage is from BEFORE the murder - as on the CCTV he is walking away from where she lives. Surely a mistake.

Yeah I wondered about that too:

* is the only exit route from the car park on that side?

* was he going somewhere or meeting someone en route?

* did he know he had to go that way to make sure he intercepted her? Did he know what route she takes between her home and Pegler Square? The pub is nearer the Kidbrooke Park Rd end of the square than the car park end.

* was it all just completely random and he just headed off out that way in the hope that he’d find a victim as he went?

Google Maps

Yes, I am inclined to think it‘s a mistake in the reporting. The person on CCTV acts suspiciously (looks over his shoulder, pulls the hood up) which would be very odd behaviour prior to committing the crime.

Putting this together with my theory the red part of the picture is a scarf wrapped round a machinery part. The area had a lot of construction. You do not have to be someone doing the heavy work on a construction site. It made me wonder what parts might be available. Maybe part of a crane? I know there are a fair few of those in the area.
Yes, as I wrote earlier it seems to be a kind of metal bar/part wrapped in a plastic bag or fabric.
The tool of murder.

Yes, I am inclined to think it‘s a mistake in the reporting. The person on CCTV acts suspiciously (looks over his shoulder, pulls the hood up) which would be very odd behaviour prior to committing the crime.

I think it would make perfect sense to behave like that ahead of committing a crime. I don’t think the 7pm time is a reporting error either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member