Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a non-American, I'm hoping someone can help me understand. When it comes to reserves, are there restrictions around camping/lighting fires etc?
I’m from a different state, but from my experience there are always restrictions. Actually, you usually need to pay for a permit to do any camping.

Agree. I would say I am shocked about cremation, but this whole case is so strange, it seems par for the course. MOO
I would have my loved one cremated if there was a looming court case. That way, the defense cannot petition to have the remains dug up and re-examined. They usually do not need to do this, because the evidence they truly need is well documented by the ME, but it isn’t uncommon that they insist on it. And who wants to go through that, and then a re-internment? So cremating her remains was a good idea in my mind.

As much as I look forward to an arrest, I actually hope today is not the day, so Gabby’s family & friends can just have their time to remember her as they wish. Tomorrow morning would be a fantastic day for capture though!
Crowds of people expected for Gabby Petito's public memorial service at Holbrook funeral home
That's a lovely, caring, and respectful thought.
But...from my hard boiled perspective, I can't think of a *better* day for an arrest.

Let it be today.

Amateur opinion and speculation

She said "He was trying to lock me out of the van and I was trying to get my phone back," to the officers?
Oh dear.
I might've already heard that but I'm really processing that now.
My heart just keeps breaking for her. And her parents.

As hard it is to watch and knowing now she wasn't going to live much longer, I understand how you feel. IMO LE did the best that they could do under the circumstances, at best they didn't inflame the situation more than it already was.

Gabby was in danger before that traffic stop, she was unable to help herself at that time. She was in some sort of denial of how bad things were or how bad they would become.

My own heart breaks knowing she had to endure the last moment of her life looking at the man she loved killing (imo) her. That is the tragedy of it all, she died regardless of what she did and said in a violent way at his hands.

I have wondered if he didn’t shove Gabby hard and she fell backwards and hit her head. But instead of calling for help, he turned and ran.

I hope he didn’t shoot her.

As far as Dog goes, if he can find him with the connections he has then he should go for it. The more people the better chance of him being found if everyone keeps looking.

My quote option is not working for some reason, will not let me type. As to why no power in Utah, power grids surrounding, adjacent to areas with fires will sometimes be shut down so if lines burn they won’t blow transformers, fire travel down hot lines to other areas etc.
And that was the case during the subject time period?

Important to note, reduced but more targeted ....

Although the major part of the search ended on Friday evening, over the weekend investigative crews will focus on “areas of more likelihood”.
Authorities have not said why they are convinced Mr Laundrie ... may still be somewhere inside the more than 24,000-acre Carlton Reserve near his home in North Port

Gabby Petito’s family gather for funeral in New York - live
BBM. Good point, yes.

I have wondered if he didn’t shove Gabby hard and she fell backwards and hit her head. But instead of calling for help, he turned and ran.

I hope he didn’t shoot her.

As far as Dog goes, if he can find him with the connections he has then he should go for it. The more people the better chance of him being found if everyone keeps looking.
I agree as long as there isn't a big circus production of his efforts...he seems to think AT is where to look so maybe he'll head that way. His help is good as long as he isn't interfering or complicating LE's efforts. jmo

I’ll share a favorite quote to encompass thoughts for Gabby, for those who will always truly love and miss her, for strangers all around the world who now know of her.

“Compassion asks us to go where it hurts, to enter into the places of pain, to share in brokenness, fear, confusion, and anguish.

Compassion challenges us to cry out with those in misery, to mourn with those who are lonely, to weep with those in tears.

Compassion requires us to be weak with the weak, vulnerable with the vulnerable, and powerless with the powerless.

Compassion means full immersion in the condition of being human.”

-Henri Nouwen

*Let her spark ignite internet fires.
Everyone has someone who cares.
Coming Soon the Gabby Petito Foundation

I live directly across the state, it's still humid and hot. The only relief is rain. There is no wind chill in September. If we are lucky it gets cooler in November(still not cold enough for wind chill), but not by much. I've spent several Christmas's at the beach in my lifetime. By Jan/Feb those are our two months of cold, usually. It doesn't get as cold as it did when I was a child, but occasionally it does go down to like 29, that's when we have the wind chill and all those factors. It generally goes down to the 40s and 50s.
I have lived in Vero Beach my entire 44 years of life. I wouldn't lie, perhaps the west coast is different.

This...chances are there's a good reason for this. They are never going to make everything public - especially while it's dominating the news cycle.

I haven't seen anything that says they are reducing the numbers or limiting the search, which would be likely at this point if they were clutching at straws.
Saturday they said they were limiting it then to a more focused area. Search for Brian Laundrie wraps for the evening, attorney says he left essential items at home

I
this is dated Sept 15th, he ordered her pizza on the 21st IIRC

Hurricane level winds knocked down lines leaving over 150,000 people in northern Utah without power. In Oregon and California, power was shut off as a last resort to prevent potentially severed power lines from sparking wildfires. Last month, a heat wave led to rolling blackouts across California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member