Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Brian for what he did to Gabby. Not just the ending of her life (moo), but the slow destruction of her confidence, the dismantling of her dream. She tried so hard to make this work. I wish she had realized he wasn’t worth any of this. That she could dump him and pursue her dreams a different way.
Most people learn impulse control and the rule to keep their hands to themselves when they are in kindergarten. I doubt his behavior was a sudden manifestation. I have to wonder how long he's been physically lashing out, or if it seemed normal to him. You have to wonder.

Amateur opinion and speculation

All the Info I can find on Brian's mysterious Trip

The mother and stepfather interviewed with Nancy Grace, and after already revealing that Brian left Gabby in a hotel in Utah, when Nancy asked about it, the mother then said she had been instructed not to talk about it. So we won't get clarity on that yet. It's in this crime blog, about 10- 11 minutes in.

Nancy Grace:

'VAN-LIFE GIRL' GABBY PARENTS SPEAK OUT as Boyfriend Hides Out at Parents' Home

So we just have conflicting reports to go on.

The mother said in her first interview that she didn't know why Brian had to go move Gabby's things, but she didn't give any dates that it happened.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

The Uncle's notes had the dates as 8/17 to 8/23 when he posted a timeline to facebook.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/0...m_Petito_s_cell_phone_-a-17_1631732264544.jpg

Then the Godmother gave an interview that said she thought the trip was between 8/21 and 8/24.

Missing woman's family frustrated with missing puzzle piece

If they can talk about other things, but not this, then it might be significant to the case somehow. I might have chased this down the rabbit hole as far as it can go, but I'm gonna keep trying.

ETA:

in this video, about 33 minutes in:

'VAN-LIFE GIRL' GABBY PARENTS SPEAK OUT as Boyfriend Hides Out at Parents' Home

Someone further explains:

"I think there's some speculation and mixed up stories about that, so we're going to kind of not talk about that right now."

This is some high-quality sleuthing! Interesting!

It's very hard for me to imagine why her parents were asked not to talk about it, though LE certainly has their reasons.

Yesterday, unfortunately, they did say something to the effect of scaling back, using less people, but I’m afraid the link was a couple of threads ago and I’m not sure I can find it now. EDIT: Another poster just posted the information and link regarding reduced searches. See post # 482 @ChasingKaty
Yes, yesterday they said they were searching bodies of water so less LE were needed.

I watched 48 Hours last night. One piece of info that was new to me, though not relevant, is that Gabby worked at Taco Bell (they only mentioned Brian worked at Publix).

And like other posters mentioned, at the milkshake place the woman said it seemed Brian almost made Gabby say that they were engaged... like he was irritated that she hadn't said it. It struck her as odd.

While I desperately want Brian to be found so we can have justice served and necessary questions answered, and while I appreciate that so many are stepping forward to assist in the manhunt, is anyone else a bit perturbed that now articles feature Dog the Bounty Hunter's face and image rather than keeping attention on Gabby's death and the search for Brian?

Waking up this morning and looking at yesterday's news, there is an onslaught of Dog's name and image everywhere. I feel like yesterday's news made it all about Dog and I worry about more ambulance chasers making it about their own PR than the needs of Gabby's family and LE.

That was the other officer, the bearded one.
Probably not going to be the most liked post but JMO! I let my husband watch the police cam he’s like all they had to go off of was her saying she scratched him, he said idk how I would deal with the situation until your faced with it, I’m sure these cops feel terrible now but they had no way of knowing what was going to happen. Also the female officer had a heart to heart with Gabby!

While I desperately want Brian to be found so we can have justice served and necessary questions answered, and while I appreciate that so many are stepping forward to assist in the manhunt, is anyone else a bit perturbed that now articles feature Dog the Bounty Hunter's face and image rather than keeping attention on Gabby's death and the search for Brian?

Waking up this morning and looking at yesterday's news, there is an onslaught of Dog's name and image everywhere. I feel like yesterday's news made it all about Dog and I worry about more ambulance chasers making it about their own PR than the needs of Gabby's family and LE.
I def think he’s doing it for PR, I actually forgot he existed

I watched 48 Hours last night. One piece of info that was new to me, though not relevant, is that Gabby worked at Taco Bell (they only mentioned Brian worked at Publix).

And like other posters mentioned, at the milkshake place the woman said it seemed Brian almost made Gabby say that they were engaged... like he was irritated that she hadn't said it. It struck her as odd.
Yes very odd. Who goes around telling everyone you don’t know ‘I’m engaged to him”. Wierd. I’m getting the impression he is really wierd.

This is some high-quality sleuthing! Interesting!

It's very hard for me to imagine why her parents were asked not to talk about it, though LE certainly has their reasons.
Seems pretty transparent to me. He likely came home and said GP was leaving him, running off with some guy (or whatever), and that she wanted her things put in storage. Clearly she was already deceased at that point. I think this is tied to some cover story he attempted to sell. Her autopsy should have provided a very good time/day of death, based on a variety of factors we don't need to get in to. The coroner would know.

Amateur opinion and speculation

This in-depth article states -
"Nichole Schmidt: It was actually Friday, the 10th, that I decided to call police because I had had 10 days, 10 — almost 11 days was enough for me to not hear from my child. And I got the runaround. Nobody wanted to report her missing. She's an adult. She's traveling. … As a mother, I said it's not like her. Finally, that Saturday, I went personally to Suffolk County Fifth Precinct and a wonderful detective decided to take the case."
Gabby Petito's close friend on Brian Laundrie search: " He's good with nature. So, my first thought was — he's in the woods"

That was the first time local LE dropped the ball.

She was in fear for her relationship, for her business, for her life. Somehow her saying "why are you so mean" to him, one hour later became "sometimes I am mean". She was terrified what he would do to her later.

After watching that encounter various times, the most important sentence he said jumped off the page...." I gave her time.... So, who the crzp is HE to give HER time? Her van, her business, she was the heart of that duo. Yet by that time in their trip he was in charge of her van, her phone, her computer time, up to and including whether or not she could enter her own van as her locked her out and tried to abandon her on the street. And he was purposely dirty just to show he could do what he wanted, because it would hurt her "LITTLE vlog"

Listen to that tape again....he admits to threatening her with a public scene in Moab.

Just watch the film without sound. How very creepy, the camera frequently catches him laughing, head tilted back with his whole set of teeth showing from the inside. That was not "smiling" that was chortling, braying like a donkey. (Nothing against donkeys).

Now zoom forward, resume sound, and watch the last part where he is nearly berserk in the back seat of the squad car, unbroken stupid things pouring from that bizarro. The cop, while reassuring Brian that there are women like that in his own family, finally in frustration breaks into BL's manic monologue to say, hey you're not in handcuffs are you?
Down the road if we have a trial, as far as a defense, what about the different legal types of homocide? The one I'm concerned about, but hasn't been mentioned is Temporary Insanity or Insanity. The instance in Moab just lays the basis for that defense.
Homicide is when one human being causes the death of another. Not all homicide is murder, as some killings are manslaughter, and some are lawful, such as when justified by an affirmative defense, like insanity or self-defense. criminal law.

That was the other officer, the bearded one.
Both LE officers talked about their wives'/ex-wives' "anxiety issues." The bearded one at the side of the road, and the one who had arrived first one at the scene talked about it during the ride with BL to the hotel.

Three out of three men on camera in this incident had partners who had debilitating anxiety issues, that cause all three of the men to also have anxiety, WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?

Maybe the problem isn't the women.
JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members