Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. In many cases, the female will bail her abuser out of jail. They have a honeymoon period before the violence starts again. A sad and tragic cycle. That said, we'll never know.

Amateur opinion and speculation
exactly, i dont understand all these posts thinking the officers could have done ANYTHING to stop what happened, these are two adults we are talking about, they are not children that you can make do something,if either of them wanted to leave the other one they could have that very night. Gabby had the van, she could have left that night if she wanted too. have yall ever tried to keep a young girl away from their boyfriend if they werent ready to be away? wasnt gonna happen no matter what they did, they certainly couldnt lock him up for life, <modsnip - opinion stated as fact>!!!

Ted Bundy escaped from jail and made his way from Wyoming?/Colorado? with only the clothes on his back and his thumb. He managed to stay ahead of the police for 3 weeks all the while out in the open and still murdering girls.

<modsnip - opinion stated as fact> Granted it's nearly 2 weeks on this coming Tuesday since he supposedly left his parent's house to go hiking.

My point is running places, going to into hiding or even living in plain site doesn't guarantee capture. Hopefully BL will be captured sooner rather than later with advances in technology.

It's harder today to commit crimes that will keep someone flush with necessities (food/water/clothing). If he is alive he is going to slip up very soon and when he does I hope he is brought down quickly without anyone getting hurt or killed.

IMO his parent's haven't had contact with him since the FBI raided their home, the FBI is watching their every move and monitoring every conversation in their home and phone call they are making
Yeah that was in the 70's... Things have changed. Paper trails, video trails... Ted Bundy wouldn't be able to do what he did now.

Agreed. Excellent post.
Tempoaray tattoos are drew them with a sharpie, easy disguise. Makeup can cover existing tatts. DermAblend.

He was an artist, too. And I use a certain brand of makeup that covers up tattoos (not that I have any, but it's used on Broadway for cover-up...facial/tattoos/etc)...so that does exist out there for sure!

Yeah that was in the 70's... Things have changed. Paper trails, video trails... Ted Bundy wouldn't be able to do what he did now.
Good point, it's probably why serial killers are few/far/between.

I agree. I hope no one faults law enforcement here: I feel they did an excellent job. But I know people will. Sigh.
It is their fault, this part of it anyway.

If they were confused or flustered by his behavior then they were not in control of the situation and not doing their job. They should be able to assess the situation esp given the info from dispatch and should be trained AND thoughtful about victim behaviors and abuser behaviors as it is often a big part of their job. I feel for them, they must be going thru hell since this all happened. But tgey should be thoughtful, sensitive and careful about DV, imagine the outcome if they had been?

Hmm that's interesting. The way she's holding it is unusual too. Like holding it from underneath. The shape is unusual, almost like one of those hand scrubbing brushes IMO.

Anyone have any guesses as to what it might be based on the shape?

FBI returns to Brian Laundrie's home amid Gabby Petito case

View attachment 314727
Ohhhh. By the officer's fingers looked like a pump bottle top to me at first, but yeah I now see the angle wouldn't work for that unless the bottle was bent. It does look like it could be one of those brushes.

""RP (reporting party) states a seeing male hit a female, domestic," the dispatcher states at around 4:38 p.m. MT on they day of the incident. "He got into a white Ford Transit van, has a black ladder on the back, Florida plate."

The dispatch audio, first obtained by the investigative unit at FOX 13 Utah, shows the dispatcher did in fact inform the officers of allegations that Laundrie had been he aggressor – shedding new light on a situation that initially seemed like police didn't know about the witness' claims."

New recordings show police were told Brian Laundrie hit Gabby Petito before pulling van over

Their lawyer said just the other day, out of the blue, that BL had left his phone & wallet at the house… I’d have thought the FBI would have gotten that on the raid, but was it perhaps not covered by the warrant? Did the parents hold it back? Did LE only found out about these via media the other day? Could that be what they came for??

(Edit to add: I don’t believe the lawyers word that it was necessarily for DNA. He also said it was “routine” which it definitely is not!)

He’s quoting from this article. The part about that body cam that haunts me the most (besides the flip-flop of the aggressor) is when GP is asked why she’s crying, told there’s no reason to be crying, and that she’d come out as the golden flower on top. And now that we know for sure the dispatch was done correctly, this patronizing interaction is even more tragic imo. I sincerely hope this review leads to better training for LE. Imo
Gabby Petito case: Dispatch recordings show Utah police were told male struck female | Fox News
Yeah, when Gabby was described as out of control, manic and hysterical, I think that was a red flag for many of us. The officers seemed to take everything Brian said as truth without investigating much further.

In part of Officer Robbin's report he wrote, "While arguing on Main Street he had attempted to separate her so they could both calm their emotions. He got into their van and Gabrielle had gone into a manic state."

Then, after describing Brian's account of her hitting him to get his attention after seeing his lights behind them, he wrote, "This, however was not consistent with Gabrielle's statement, further suggesting her confused and emotional state."

Then later, "At no point in my investigation did Gabrielle stop crying, breathing heavily, or compose a sentence without needing to wipe away tears, wipe her nose, or rubbing her knees with her hands."

Then, ironically, they concluded that 'Brian' did not show signs of "battered boyfriend syndrome."

(This from portions of the report on thread 2, page 21 and 22.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti