UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What other case?

She may have lived for a time in Sandy, but of the two SN's born in 1992, one was born in MK in June of that year, the other is with the middle name Yasmin and born in the November in Bedford.

She was only in Beds between 2018-20 attending firstly Central Beds College then Bedford Uni. Prior to both between 2011-14 she was at Greenwich Uni in south east London.

Thanks for sharing the information, I have some personal theories and will keep digging further.

Last edited:
Hmm... So it indicates some kind of conspiracy to murder S by a larger group.

Isn't it more likely that they pulled the date in for questioning and whatever he told them stood up to initial examination so they "released him under further investigation"?

They are not going to come out and categorically say he's eliminated from our enquiries that early into the investigation. They could later discover he was after all involved in luring her out of the flat at a specific time or whatever. I think too much can be read into the "released under further investigation". As I said before any evidence of direct involvement would surely mean a charge or at least an extension, rather than release someone who is an obvious flight risk.

Hang on - Telegraph article says the following

"A man was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of murdering Sabina Nessa, in what the Metropolitan Police described as a “significant development”.

The 36-year-old was detained at an address in East Sussex at 3am and remains in police custody."

"In a separate development on Sunday, a Nissan Micra matching that description was seized on a residential road in Eastbourne shortly after 7am before being taken by the Metropolitan Police for forensic analysis.

The leafy residential street, where houses are valued at more than £750,000, is some 66 miles from the crime scene.

Scotland Yard refused to say whether or not they had recovered the vehicle connected to Miss Nessa’s murder and said they were still appealing for information about the car."

Does this indicate that the man arrested at an address in East Sussex at 3am, is potentially not the same as the vehicle seized on Ditton Rd, Eastbourne around 7am?

Could be the owner of the vehicle which was seized later?

Sabina Nessa murder: Police arrest man in Sussex in ‘significant development’
It could be something quite mundane, like they arrested the man at 3 am, but the people who remove cars don't start work until 7am.

Isn't it more likely that they pulled the date in for questioning and whatever he told them stood up to initial examination so they "released him under further investigation"?

They are not going to come out and categorically say he's eliminated from our enquiries that early into the investigation. They could later discover he was after all involved in luring her out of the flat at a specific time or whatever. I think too much can be read into the "released under further investigation". As I said before any evidence of direct involvement would surely mean a charge or at least an extension, rather than release someone who is an obvious flight risk.
I like your down to earth, practical approach :)
My imagination is just running loose - as usual... Sigh

It could be something quite mundane, like they arrested the man at 3 am, but the people who remove cars don't start work until 7am.
It‘s unclear whether he was arrested in the car, or whether the car was parked outside a property where he was arrested or whether he was arrested in a completely different location. The Telegraph article reads like it it is the latter. Again, the reports are not precise and leave room for interpretation. I am very surprised we didn‘t hear of properties in the area being intensively searched.

After all the discussions, I am still perplexed about the previous arrests. Surely, if investigators regard this as a random attack the two suspects could haven been swiftly eliminated without the need to arrest them under suspicion of murder. Maybe they changed their theory as time went on.

How easy is it to get on a ferry these days? Is it realistic to think he was trying to catch a ferry?

The Newhaven to Dieppe ferry is running its normal summer timetable atm. The first one out on Sunday morning departed at 9.30am, with check-in closing at 8am. Perhaps he thought 3am would be a safe time to go to a home address in Eastbourne to pick up clothes and documents, only to find the police were waiting for him. It's not exactly a high-speed get away, but then neither is a Nissan Micra...

It‘s unclear whether he was arrested in the car, or whether the car was parked outside a property where he was arrested or whether he was arrested in a completely different location. The Telegraph article reads like it it is the latter. Again, the reports are not precise and leave room for interpretation. I am very surprised we didn‘t hear of properties in the area being intensively searched.

After all the discussions, I am still perplexed about the previous arrests. Surely, if investigators regard this as a random attack the two suspects could haven been swiftly eliminated without the need to arrest them under suspicion of murder. Maybe they changed their theory as time went on.

The part where I was really confused was when they arrested the second man and appealed for a third at the same time. That really got me thinking up some elaborate scenarios. I get what you are saying though it does seem drastic to arrest someone on suspicion of murder. The first arrest I can understand especially if it was the man she was planning to meet. That was in the immediate aftermath of discovering the body and he was probably the first port of call for the police naturally and they are not going to mess about due to the nature of the crime. So an arrest there makes sense rather than just asking him to come in for a chat. But he was released fairly quickly so you'd have to assume that at that point they had found nothing to directly implicate him in the crime.

The second arrest is an odd one though and I don't see how the arrest on suspicion of murder can be explained there. Suppose if they were unsure of his identity at that time they could have pulled someone in that they though may or may not be the suspect in the CCTV footage whilst at the same time appealing to the public to identify the man to cover all bases. But that seems messy too.

Could even be a Ness shrub rose but looks too shiny.

He does something with his hood and the object in his hand so if it is coke it would be a closed can.

I know it's a bit grim but the coke can is likely not to look much like a can of coke anymore if this is after the attack and more like a flat piece of aluminium. That is what it looks like to me anyway.

The part where I was really confused was when they arrested the second man and appealed for a third at the same time. That really got me thinking up some elaborate scenarios. I get what you are saying though it does seem drastic to arrest someone on suspicion of murder. The first arrest I can understand especially if it was the man she was planning to meet. That was in the immediate aftermath of discovering the body and he was probably the first port of call for the police naturally and they are not going to mess about due to the nature of the crime. So an arrest there makes sense rather than just asking him to come in for a chat. But he was released fairly quickly so you'd have to assume that at that point they had found nothing to directly implicate him in the crime.

The second arrest is an odd one though and I don't see how the arrest on suspicion of murder can be explained there. Suppose if they were unsure of his identity at that time they could have pulled someone in that they though may or may not be the suspect in the CCTV footage whilst at the same time appealing to the public to identify the man to cover all bases. But that seems messy too.

Bear in mind that the police will know far more than they will put out in the public domain at this stage - facts that may answer some of your questions.

I think at this juncture it is a wait and see as to what transpires over the next 24-36 hours in terms of charges and any further arrests.

Is that a definitive address? Because I'm looking at the electoral roll for Dittons Road, which might yield something if we can be solid on the house number.

Yield what?

I don't know whether we should be sleuthing addresses and occupants when we have no evidence the arrested person lives on that road or has any connection to it.

The second arrest was, in my opinion, an ex. Probably Sabina's family informed LE about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member