NY NY - Brooklyn Brdg, BlkFem 15-35 (30-50), UP83746, piercings, ARJK/ARIK, KYRON, & leaf tatts, Aug'21

Interesting--when you crop the decedent's teeth it looks like she has a very small mouth. And does she only have one upper front incisor? Or is it just blurring?

I'm not sure?

The teeth I can see look very close to Brynisha, but I also see what you're saying.

The sketch Triss posted is a really good one. Hopefully someone knows this young woman and comes forward. :(

Boost, because the NY Traffic Cam staff decided to not follow through with my request, leaving us with more unanswered questions and a family missing their loved one.
As a suicide survivor, and someone who has lost too many to the crippling pain of depression, I cannot stop thinking of her face, of her missing identity, of her family and friends left without closure. I hope we can find some answers soon, if not one day.

Boost, because the NY Traffic Cam staff decided to not follow through with my request, leaving us with more unanswered questions and a family missing their loved one.
As a suicide survivor, and someone who has lost too many to the crippling pain of depression, I cannot stop thinking of her face, of her missing identity, of her family and friends left without closure. I hope we can find some answers soon, if not one day.

Oh my...we are going to give her name back. Yes, for the sake of the crippling pain of depression. I have been looking out for her all day...nothing....

Update: I found a Reddit forum dedicated to this as well. Someone brought up an interesting point about our Jane Doe being Janteyl Danielle Johnson, and brought up a fascinating observation about the scar on her chin and about her mothers name being "Kyma", spectating that the tattoo on her arm may spell that out. I have to look more into this theory but I would like to try to get her face and story out more.

Update: I found a Reddit forum dedicated to this as well. Someone brought up an interesting point about our Jane Doe being Janteyl Danielle Johnson, and brought up a fascinating observation about the scar on her chin and about her mothers name being "Kyma", spectating that the tattoo on her arm may spell that out. I have to look more into this theory but I would like to try to get her face and story out more.

The sketch @Bit of hope shared looks quite alike Janteyl to me. She was only 15, and also expecting a baby, when she was last seen. Sounds like she was on good terms with her family too? How sad. :(

I think they may have found a match...

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 7.30.17 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 7.36.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-26 at 7.34.51 PM.png

Photos of Janteyl from Namus:The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I'm trying to think of where this JD might have come from to walk on the bridge.

Sydney West, who was last seen at the Golden Gate Bridge, took an Uber there.

Bridge jumping can be an extremely impulsive decision; this 2003 NYT article seems to suggest that some potential jumpers driving to the Brooklyn Bridge had changed their minds by the time they got there (due to traffic).

I know upthread it was suggested possibly a rehab or mental health institution nearby.

I wonder if there is anything we can do to pressure them into releasing the info. Go to the press? Protest outside somewhere? (unfortunately I don't live in the NYC area.)

The sketch @Bit of hope shared looks quite alike Janteyl to me. She was only 15, and also expecting a baby, when she was last seen. Sounds like she was on good terms with her family too? How sad. :(

I think they may have found a match...

View attachment 314760 View attachment 314762View attachment 314761

Photos of Janteyl from Namus:The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

That third photo of Janteyl looks a looooot like this JD, and the description on Charley Project says she, "may still be in the local area, or she may be in Wilmington, Delaware; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Maryland or New York." I will look more into this.

The shape of her chin is definitely a unique feature that stands out. It's such a heartbreaking case. It's sad she believed suicide was her only option.

I don't think her chin would have been that pointy in life. In the PM photos you can see her tongue is lolling heavily in her jaw, causing it to jut, and also her mouth is hanging open, both of which are giving the illusion of an exceptionally long chin.

I wonder if they know if Jane Doe gave birth and also if she had pierced ears. They don't mention that specific, like the other piercings, but if you look at the profile PM picture it looks like she has a tiny hole in her ear. It would really be helpful knowing, because we can rule out a lot of people on this.

I'm not convinced Jane Doe is Janteyl Danielle Johnson.

I wonder if they know if Jane Doe gave birth and also if she had pierced ears. They don't mention that specific, like the other piercings, but if you look at the profile PM picture it looks like she has a tiny hole in her ear. It would really be helpful knowing, because we can rule out a lot of people on this.

Me either, I think that Janteyl's situation might have not unfortunately been out of her own choice, as theorized by her family..I went through Facebook page, the face shape is different and as stated above, so is the lip shape.
It's just another day that I would like to do anything possible to find out who she is..as I know we all do..I would like to hang posters of the more detailed sketch but do not know if that is appropriate on my end. If anyone has any opinions on that, please share..I live in Manhattan, but New York is so spread out and would probably be shown to others in neighboring boroughs.

It would be helpful. It feels like there is some confusion on many of the details. Like what she was actually wearing?

I'm also not convinced. I do think Janteyl is a stronger resemblance. And her case is really sad. I've never heard of it before..... :(

Me either, I think that Janteyl's situation might have not unfortunately been out of her own choice, as theorized by her family..I went through Facebook page, the face shape is different and as stated above, so is the lip shape.
It's just another day that I would like to do anything possible to find out who she is..as I know we all do..I would like to hang posters of the more detailed sketch but do not know if that is appropriate on my end. If anyone has any opinions on that, please share..I live in Manhattan, but New York is so spread out and would probably be shown to others in neighboring boroughs.

I can't see how it would hurt? People hang posters of all kinds of things, especially in big cities.

It would be helpful. It feels like there is some confusion on many of the details. Like what she was actually wearing?

I'm also not convinced. I do think Janteyl is a stronger resemblance. And her case is really sad. I've never heard of it before..... :(

I know! The confusion of the clothing, the misleading video...Also, if she was in fact wearing that floral-like sweatsuit, WHY in August (and it gets super humid at night here!) would she be wearing leggings and more clothing underneath? How would she be wearing a T-shirt underneath a tank? (This is all just my thoughts, not trying to question her clothing choices, but more or less wonder why the NYPD/OCME was so uninformative and not helpful on her case...)

Also, will be creating a poster today to try to get out on the street and on social media.

I know! The confusion of the clothing, the misleading video...Also, if she was in fact wearing that floral-like sweatsuit, WHY in August (and it gets super humid at night here!) would she be wearing leggings and more clothing underneath? How would she be wearing a T-shirt underneath a tank? (This is all just my thoughts, not trying to question her clothing choices, but more or less wonder why the NYPD/OCME was so uninformative and not helpful on her case...)

Also, will be creating a poster today to try to get out on the street and on social media.

Thank you for everything you do. You rock!

I think police checked this and we can conclude she was not on record for any criminal activity or arrested in the past. An unregistered immigrant maybe? It feels like she just stepped out the door or a car and left her belongings behind. No phone, no purse, no ID, only the clothes on her back. Toxicology report?

Last edited:
I think police checked this and we can conclude she was not on record for any criminal activity or arrested in the past. An unregistered immigrant maybe? It feels like she just stepped out the door or a car and left her belongings behind. No phone, no purse, no ID, only the clothes on her back. Toxicology report?

Thank you for your kind words, it means more than you know...

My theory is this - she checked out of a local (as in close to the bridge, hence having no purse/bag/items on body) mental health facility/rehabilitation center or shelter, somewhere that nobody would suspect she was unsafe or in danger without the knowledge that she was discharged from, and then jumped. It makes things more painful because it gives me the impression that she doesn't want to be identified, or potentially hurt her loved ones with her death. Will be posting a template for the poster I am going to create, hopefully spread online as well that I am manifesting will reach the right person.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back