Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article is from Friday but I don't recall seeing these quotes by Gabby's friend Rose discussed here.

Gabby Petito's Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Had 'Jealousy Issues': 'Toxic Relationship'

"I tried not to judge their relationship, but I knew something was off," Davis explains. "I just, I didn't expect this, obviously. I just thought he was just controlling. And bit by bit, she was almost... The more we were hanging out, and the more she was away from [the relationship], the more she got comfortable and was getting into her own skin and then, she started working."

... Petito had been working 50 hours a week at a local Taco Bell prior to the couple's trek, which began in early July. She says Laundrie did not want Petito working, after the two had quit their jobs at a nearby Publix with the pandemic's onset.

"He could keep an eye on her at Publix," Davis says. "He didn't want her to work, and she did. And he was mad about it. And he always tried to get what he wanted and he did, because he wanted the van life and he rushed to that so that she wasn't going to be able to work anymore."

Curious....did Davis live in Florida or Long Island? Also Gabby told LE she had just quit a job at a juice bar. Why wouldn't she know that?

I agree with your points. I do see how a defense attorney will see the other side.

There is no way to prove he did not have her permission to use the van and card.

In the extensive interview, LE found no evidence to charge him with abuse but they did question her intent to harm him.

Unless he states that he has never been to that sight, his DNA there just means he has been there and not that he was there at her death.

The best evidence, outside of a confession, is linking him to the manner of death. If it was by strangulation, I am not sure what the link could be. There could be one, I just don't know what it is. If by an instrument of force, then a DNA link to that instrument (that otherwise should not host his DNA) would be strong evidence.

I don't think that type of evidence currently exists or he would be listed as a suspect in her death. They need to find him alive and let him convict himself through interrogation.

Lots of evidence exists outside of DNA.

If the USA lists him as a suspect, or charge him, the punishment could be death penalty.

Mexico and Canada will not extradite if he is looking at death penalty.

USA wants him.

Therefore, they will probably not charge him with the murder until they get him in custody.

Or they are waiting until he is in custody to announce any charges connected to her homicide. I would assume they have a reason to pursue the fraud charge which would mean he did not have permission to access the account(s). How they came to that conclusion remains to be seen. IMO.
If they can prove Gabby was dead before the 30th then she could not have given him permission to use her bank card or her van. Imo

It is getting colder and will begin getting treacherous soon along the AT as it starts snowing in the upper elevations but I truly believe he is skilled enough to survive. Especially if he can build a fire. I hope he decides to come into a more public area at some point and someone recognizes him.

I saw that they are using helicopters to search along the AT and I don’t quite understand how that would be helpful. There are probably hundreds of people hiking the AT at any given time so how would they be able to notice BL. If anything I feel searching the trail will bring more awareness to the case and people along the trail will be more observant if they see him or something suspicious. It could also push him off the trail unfortunately. I guess it would make sense to look for a lone hiker because *most* people do not hike the trail alone.

Good morning all. Here for Gabby.

I'm way behind so are they focusing less on the Reserve and more on the AT?

Brian had a head start of a few days. I think where ever he is right now (dead, camping, in an abandoned house, or down someone's basement) he is stationary. He's not moving or else he would have been caught with all the media attention.

If he is an experienced long distance hiker as one of Gabby's friends said, he could easily be 50 yards off a trail anywhere and be able to hang out for months. You could pass right by him and never know he was there. He had the time to prepare and supply to make this happen. MOO
IMO BL is too dependent on others to be alone for long. I haven’t seen signs that he really does anything for himself. He’s a mooch.

I really doubt that she was killed in the van, or dead in the van for any length of time. The dogs would be able to detect that. Yes, I agree that she was killed on the 27th. It may have already happened, or could have been happening at the same time that the Bethunes were driving by. Their camera was focused on the road and they had been looking for camping spots, so not likely looking out toward the treeless area where Gabby was found. JMO

A question along these lines of the van and detecting anything - so do we think that he never went back into the van after everything happened? I wonder if they did find any trace evidence there? I'm sure we will find out in time but it helps align the actions he took after.

The "manner of death" was homicide and we don't yet know the cause of death. If they are waiting for toxicology results, it could take several weeks. Imo

• Cause of Death= A medical opinion of the disease or injury that resulted in a person’s death. (What the person died of)
  • Manner of Death= Classification system developed for public health statistics based on the circumstances under which death occurred (How the person died); Manners of death currently includes 5 categories:
  • Accident= An unexpected or unforeseen death due to injury.
  • Homicide= Death as a result of a volitional act committed by another person (e.g. injury, poisoning).
  • Natural= Death due solely to natural disease.
  • Suicide= Death resulting from intentional self-inflicted act.
  • Undetermined= Manner of death used when the information pointing to one manner of death is no more compelling than another.
This is from SUDC.org

I think I used manner of death incorrectly in a previous post.

I think "method of death" (not sure if that is an official term) would have been a better term for me to use.

Regarding the media circus and protests at the L home:

Does anyone know if the news orgs typically pay the neighbors to camp out on their lawns? If it were me, I wouldn't mind the protests as long as the news orgs were paying well enough to compensate for the interruption/inconvenience.

No mainstream news org would ever do this. I've worked in news.

I just have to say that my husband and I are very private people and neither of us would be comfortable being on tv for any reason. However, that said, I would have a representative make a statement on our behalf and I would cooperate fully with LE. They have to know how the public feels about their silence. IMO

This family is a complete mystery to me, especially the parent's. Now that they are literally under the microscope of the FBI and seem to have self imposed themselves inside their home, I believe they are watching a lot of tv.

They also have that screened in pool, so they could very well not be indoors at home at all, I'm assuming they are. jmo

I think they know they are not liked very much right now, and that their son is most likely hated (ala Casey Anthony was). imo

Good morning all. Here for Gabby.

I'm way behind so are they focusing less on the Reserve and more on the AT?

They are focusing on more specific areas at the reserve and there have been unverified posts of people in SC AND NC that they are searching along the AT. A lot of experts are suggesting the search move to the AT. Several former CIA and FBI agents have said the AT is a likely hiding spot. Dog the Bounty hunter has also received the most tips along the AT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChemSkya