Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
TV media is def to blame...

However, with circumstantial evidence, it's important to be able to spin and sell a story to make the circumstances of this evidence to a jury. If the circumstances around said evidence are vague enough, it allows the defense to plant seeds of doubt. It's how Anthony walked. It's gotta be pretty strong CE.

With this case, I have to imagine that because they lived together, and evidence outside of the murder event are easily written off. The pieces that are most damning in my mind will be the D/T/C of death, his solo trip back, and the digital data on phones and computers. Depending on what's found here, it could be hard to explain.

It'll also be important that the prosecutor NOT over charge here simply because of the public pressure. If this dude is caught, if the evidence isn't damning enough for him, it'll likely be spun into "it was an accident, my client panicked (given his anxiety and all...)" there fore, this is only a manslaughter case."

I thought manslaughter could also be an accident. Meant to hit her but not kill her...

I haven't read every post here today but I saw the video with the ex-CIA agent saying BL might be on the Appalachian Trail. The whole thing strikes me as funny, actually, becauseI live in Tennessee close to the Trail and while most of it is "remote" in the sense that you can't drive right up to parts of it, it also crosses Great Smoky Mountains National Park, one of the busiest parks in the nation ESPECIALLY in the fall when the colors change and the weather is cooler. There is also the Cherohala Skyway between TN and NC that many people visit. Traffic jams in the mountains are not unusual in the fall.

So BL may have miscalculated if he is on the Appalachian Trail or hiding out anywhere in the mountains of Georgia, Tennessee, or North Carolina. The crowds will be there soon: day hikers, autumn leaf watchers, migratory bird watchers, hunters, fishermen, tourists visiting apple orchards - you name it. Plus Dog the Bounty Hunter - you can't make this up!
exactly why i said that trail s like a day camp compared to this Florida swamp....lol

In just three seasons of his show, Walsh has helped authorities capture 26 fugitives and locate eight missing children. He covered the Gabby Petito investigation on his show this week.

“We haven’t had this much attention since Elizabeth Smart,” Walsh said.

Walsh said the tips he has received lead him to three possible locations: Mexico, the Bahamas and the Appalachian Trail.

Walsh’s theory, which he said some of his tips also point to, is that Laundrie’s father or parents drove him Northwest over the Florida Panhandle toward Mexico.

“I think they bought this guy nine days,” Walsh said. “He had a big head start, so I say now with all the chaos at the border — I caught 45 guys in Mexico — they drove him north, over the Panhandle.”
Gabby Petito latest: Brian Laundrie sightings John Walsh

Mexico is not a great place for a guy like BL to hang out in.

We don't have any reason to believe he can speak Spanish at all, far less well.

He is going to get a lot of attention if he is going around barefoot. The Mexican people I know are very tidy, not sloppy, and have a sense of personal appearance and decorum and barefoot is not acceptable, because it is associated with deep poverty. They'd find this very peculiar for a white guy who can't even speak Spanish. Word would get out.

His dietary habits might make it in a commune run by ex-pats, but most cheap food is loaded with cheap pork and port fat.

Someone has to be giving him money in order to do this. And he has to be living in a place where he can get along with little Spanish and little in the way of international survival skills. Like in tourist spots. Not quite the hiking into the mountains along a Mexican "Appalacian Trail" survivalist kind of life. The mountainous areas in north Mexico are dry and have little in the way to eat if you are not going to try to eat small animals or fish. Hard, tough places with cacti, which are not good for bare feet.

This I don't understand. Whose DNA are they matching? With all the items they have already taken, they could match DNA with any of those items.
Brian Entin from News Nation was streaming from outside the Laundrie home last week with a former FBI Agent. He contacted her to ask about the DNA the FBI wanted from the parents & she said her first guess would be for the autopsy, ie if DNA was found under Gabby's fingernails.

That's what I was thinking too. He at least had to go back in to get some kind of supplies so I would imagine, there is trace evidence in there even if he tried to clean it up. That leads into a whole other stream of questions regarding his timeline after and will show how calculated he was. Did he get the van washed? Scrub the inside, etc.? What lengths he went to cover up beyond the alibi 'hiking'.
His first thought was to leave her dead or dying, leave the van there and hitch to parts unknown. Once he was picked up by the first campers, he came to the conclusion that with other campers around, her body might be found sooner rather than later. He was afraid he'd be picked up by the cops somewhere on the road with this thumb sticking out. He changed his plan abruptly, found a ride back near to where the van was and skedaddled back to North Port. He basically ditched all responsibility to save his own skin.

I think Brian runs when he's stressed. Based on his past actions of separating from Gabby when they were fighting - see comments from friends, sister, police. We know he has anxiety to the point he was prescribed medication. And that he refuses to take it.

I think they fought. He took off as he usually does and she ran after him. Gabby had a fear of being left. Things escalated and he killed her. Then he ran to Colter Bay. Got a ride back. Ran home. And now is still running.
Agree.

Let me start by saying I am not a seasoned hiker, and I don't like to camp but I did some research re the AT. I live in NH and have been on part of the AT trail... and I know the terrain in the northern part of the trails (NH/ME) are considered the hardest parts.

According to my "research" on average, if you start in the South and work North, you could do 12-16 miles a day (and assuming this is for a hiker that is not on the run from anything). So lets say he has been on the trail since the 10th - he could be roughly 272 miles into the trail so likely in the Tennessee/NC area by now.

I will end by saying I was never any good at those math word problems (if a train departs station A @ ....) so this is JMO. :)

“I think they bought this guy nine days,” Walsh said. “He had a big head start, so I say now with all the chaos at the border — I caught 45 guys in Mexico — they drove him north, over the Panhandle.”
Considering this it's ridiculous to think he would pick a place a few miles away to hide out.

Would they be able to get those without a subpoena?

I have family in LE, one being a detective, and in the past he could make a phone call and get the info. If they want to use the info in court, they probably need to go through the red tape and obtain a warrant/subpoena.

Last edited:
Good morning!

I'm still catching up this morning. So are we thinking that Brian and his parents took off in the camper after LE showed up to take the van? Or if LE made some sort of contact on the 11th?

Very interesting if true. LE action could have triggered the trip. They must have gotten back by the time the media showed up. What day was that?

Moo.

The point was they were harassed for doing so. It was milk. A necessity for some. And yet people harassed them his father like he had no right to leave his house for it.
MOO, it boils down to the astonishing lack of help, cooperation and relief denied Gabby's desperate parents by BL's parents.

Astonishing is an understatement. Most of us have been shocked by their lack of human dignity they offered to Schmidts and Petitos...

To this day they still are inflicting pain....

Edit: They are experiencing the old adage "you reap what you sew."

Last edited:
Brian Entin from News Nation was streaming from outside the Laundrie home last week with a former FBI Agent. He contacted her to ask about the DNA the FBI wanted from the parents & she said her first guess would be for the autopsy, ie if DNA was found under Gabby's fingernails.
I was thinking in anticipation. Have everything ready. Two bodies have already been found.

I too believe she was killed on August 27th after the restaurant scene he created. I would be interested to know who was paying the bill for him to go off so seriously? Is it possible Gabby was footing most of this trip and this particular bill, she asked BL to pay before the check arrived and he lost his marbles? imo I believe Gabby was supporting this trip so it would have been a treat for BL to offer to pay, if it wasn't his money, he probably wouldn't have cared what the cost was.

I think this incident was the straw that broke the camels back for BL and Gabby was no longer alive within hours of that. Still so sad to me that it had to cost her her life.

Highly likely they were pooling their money and resources. He did work. But it looked like she was the one with the card, registered vehicle, cellphone. But as they were living together, considered themselves a couple snd were so considered by friends and family, and this trip is very much acknowledged as a joint venture, I’d say it was their joint resources until she died.

Mexico is not a great place for a guy like BL to hang out in.

We don't have any reason to believe he can speak Spanish at all, far less well.

He is going to get a lot of attention if he is going around barefoot. The Mexican people I know are very tidy, not sloppy, and have a sense of personal appearance and decorum and barefoot is not acceptable, because it is associated with deep poverty. They'd find this very peculiar for a white guy who can't even speak Spanish. Word would get out.

His dietary habits might make it in a commune run by ex-pats, but most cheap food is loaded with cheap pork and port fat.

Someone has to be giving him money in order to do this. And he has to be living in a place where he can get along with little Spanish and little in the way of international survival skills. Like in tourist spots. Not quite the hiking into the mountains along a Mexican "Appalacian Trail" survivalist kind of life. The mountainous areas in north Mexico are dry and have little in the way to eat if you are not going to try to eat small animals or fish. Hard, tough places with cacti, which are not good for bare feet.

But you can live in southern Belize (where most Mayans are), speak English, eat well, live cheap. Most missionaries show up in the summer but few make it that far south. Pretty easy cover without much interaction with the outside world.

Last edited:
His first thought was to leave her dead or dying, leave the van there and hitch to parts unknown. Once he was picked up by the first campers, he came to the conclusion that with other campers around, her body might be found sooner rather than later. He was afraid he'd be picked up by the cops somewhere on the road with this thumb sticking out. He changed his plan abruptly, found a ride back near to where the van was and skedaddled back to North Port. He basically ditched all responsibility to save his own skin.

That why I think time of death will be between 3pm and 5pm right after fight at restaurant.

Well, taking off on a trip isn't a crime. It's not likely a witness would be mistaken about seeing someone being murdered.

Well, The Innocence Project website states 63% of those wrongfully convicted that their work with DNA testing has freed were convicted at least partly on eyewitness testimony. So, unfortunately, eyewitness testimony isn't necessarily reliable, even about murder or other violent crimes. Of course, 52% of the exonerations involved the "misapplication of forensic science" so all circumstantial evidence can't be taken as flawless either.

Explore the Numbers: Innocence Project's Cases and Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members