Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dog wants to focus on helping rather than helping himself, he doesn't need to announce he is coming and have the cameras rolling. It just looks staged and self serving.

It is his actions rather than his looks that are more disturbing to me.
Exactly!

I think there's a wide difference in choosing to live nomadically/minimally (out of principle or as a financial need), and choosing to live in a van for a few weeks or months (and possibly stitch together and market a pretty picture of it). That's not to denigrate either one, but they don't seem like the the same level of reality at all, or a single "movement.". Living vs vacationing.
And did no one find it odd to say they had been traveling for '4 no 5 months' when asked by LE but they only had left in June?
I did...why would he do that?? JMO..

Hello everyone. First post on WS. I have been trying to keep up with all the threads, posts and news.

I'm wondering what are you thoughts about what's BL goal with this in case he's still alive. Basically, what could possibly be his plan? To be on the run for the rest of his life? As far as some people that know him, he can hide for some time, but forever is a different story. It just requires money, skills and a personality that I don't know if it's in him. Is he hiding out while the lawyer prepare some kind of defense?

In my opinion, being on the run, showing up without GP to his parents house, and his parents not answering GP texts/calls (as far as I know this is the case) just reads guilty all over or at least highly suspicious if I'm being kind. He could say that he was scared because he was going to be automatically targeted a suspect for the death of GP but that's very flaky.

The fact that they keep searching around the same area (even if the FBI is going to lead the search now), and not - at least not publicly - elsewhere makes me wonder if either they don't have any leads that he could be anywhere else and this is just "the most likely place he could be" or they have leads that point to this area. I understand it's not a small area but he's just one guy that's on the run and doesn't have "on the run experience" (even if he has hiking experience).

Welcome! :)

Thank you ...

I'm sure the FBI has tracked there cell phones during this period. It makes no sense that BL would go on another trip just days after returning from a two month trip.

I hope the truth comes out sooner than later and all responsible for Gabby's death face justice.

MBFE

"All responsible for Gabby's death..."

There's just one person suspected, right?

Clearly, if LE had not followed up on the Laundrie's "missing person in the game preserve" request, come trial time (if ever) his defense would have pulled the "rush to judgement" card on the prosecution. They didn't search, because they cared more about the girl than her "POI" boyfriend. They cared more about prosecuting him than finding him via a lead from his parents. They callously ignored the parent's pain. Any number of accusations that LE looked the other way. So, LE had to search for reasons other than following the Laundrie's directive, or believing he was actually in that swamp.

My guess is that the FBI is done with the swamp and gators, and they're relieving NPPD of any further search responsibility - because, they're satisfied he's not there and may never have been.

I've had friends that look far sketchier than Dog, the biggest hearts, compassionate, etc.... But the difference is is I know them. This is a complete stranger knocking on someone's door, yes, that would make me inclined to make a call for help.
Now that they know who he is, have the Laundries reached out to him? Just curious if they were "scared", with all those witnesses and media cameras rolling what they thought could happen?

It's dispersed camping. You're allowed to do that.
Other campers were surprised that the ranger did not ask them to move, because it was not a camping spot. Bethunes were looking for a spot and left because the camp spots appeared to be full. JMO Back many threads ago, person either knew or looked it up.......camp spots there are numbered.

Thanks so much for saying this.
I agree that "Van Life" is a movement, a whole different "movement" than anything we've seen before. And it's absolutely not a response to lack of affordable housing. It's hip and it's young. As far as I can tell, these are not a penniless subset of the homeless population. They use restaurants, go to bars, etc. IME it's actually not cheap to do what they're doing, even if they spend zero for rent.

The last time I did significant roaming in my car (a Honda Element with a DIY bed), most everyone living in a van was over 62, because 62+ with lifetime National Park passes can camp for 1/2 price in any Federal campgrounds (TVA, BLM, USFS, NP....). For some, it's a lifestyle choice, for others necessity because seniors often have a difficult time getting employed or keeping employment, and then they can't afford rent. Many of these folks are "connected", but many aren't SM oriented. Many are just surviving.

IMO "vanlife" is not like the hippy movement, either. My experience was that hippies were just a different genre of regular people. (Alot of my friends were once hippies, and eventually became attorneys, psychologists, doctors..... lol) It was a counter-culture. It was a time of great change and challenge to the ways we had always done things before. There was the Vietnam War, the murder of MLK and RFK, more professional opportunity for women, a desire for smaller families, environmentalism, etc....

I think that's right, but I think that that describes a trend or a fad, not a "movement."

Clearly, if LE had not followed up on the Laundrie's "missing person in the game preserve" request, come trial time (if ever) his defense would have pulled the "rush to judgement" card on the prosecution. They didn't search, because they cared more about the girl than her "POI" boyfriend. They cared more about prosecuting him than finding him via a lead from his parents. They callously ignored the parent's pain. Any number of accusations that LE looked the other way. So, LE had to search for reasons other than following the Laundrie's directive, or believing he was actually in that swamp.

My guess is that the FBI is done with the swamp and gators, and they're relieving NPPD of any further search responsibility - because, they're satisfied he's not there and may never have been.
Definitely agree. I think this is also why he's still only referred to as a person of interest and not a "suspect," so the defense can't say they named him a suspect right away, didn't look at any other leads, etc.

I believe he has held himself out as the lawyer for the family, no? If and when their interests diverge, the attorney would have an ethical conflict and have to discontinue representation of one or the other.

Edit: I don't know if that's how he has described his representation. I'd rather expect that he is formally the parents' attorney, precisely for the ethical considerations I mentioned.

- It is my understanding the lawyer from New York represents all three Laundries.

- A 'verified lawyer' stated a few days ago that a 'waiver of conflict' could be signed to represent all three. It's possible BL signed that waiver prior to going to Carlton for a hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassy0511