AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Data recovered indicated the Jeep crashed, but then went another 11 miles before ending up in the ditch. Crashed with what? There's very little out there to crash into.
If the data is correct and not a malfunction, then everything would make more sense accounting the damage to the driver side fender and pillar area. it is something that needs to be determined and made clear. I believe if we know for a fact what that "black box" says is correct, it would help us with a clearer picture of that scenario. I rode about 14miles all thru that area turning on and off my machine in different locations scouting for trails and any possible locations someone might go in distress. Where the jeep was found, i myself would not be driving thru that area in a regular SUV like Daniels UNLESS i was willing to risk messing up my paint job, getting stuck, a flat tire knowing i would have to abandon my vehicle. Now the other question comes to play...why leave personal belonging that could help you get out of that situation like the cell phone...and why would you go down further into the wild when the road is about half a mile east of the jeep sight....

11 miles by Cactus Access road to Sun Valley puts him in front of Tartesso or Del Web Festival developments. However if crash that deployed airbags was at 30 MPH, that does not put him on Sun Valley Parkway (55-60 Mph). Going south and utilizing 315th Ave. puts him on Salome-Tonapah Rd. or in the middle of Tartesso subdivision. I took a quick drive through the main route in Tartesso and didn't notice anything. I have requested the June 23rd Incident report from Buckeye through public records law..
great observations, one thing i know for sure is that the vehicle did not come from Tartesso area that would be over 11miles from Tartesso thru Sun Valley Pkwy into either Cactus road or that Road just north of it and off to where the jeep was found. 30mph makes sense around the area the jeep was found but not IN the area it was found unless it was the final attempt to really smash it and flip it. I have not found information about the smashed windshield or the deep gouges on the driver side pillar. Like what could of done it...those little details would help.

This photo shows what appears to be extensive “stove in” damage to the driver’s side wing ahead of the door, including extensive paint loss, a gouge mark running the length of the wing and a point on the leading edge of the driver’s door where whatever caused the gouge mark has snagged it.

View attachment 314860 View attachment 314861
Awesome stuff...that tells me from driving in that area...its not easy getting those marks driving around where the jeep was found but down by the road there is plenty of places to get those kinds of marks....almost looks like it dipped down into a ditch and inevitably able to pull it out.

Complete speculation - it's not his fault and it's no one else's fault, but it really sounds like he was spiraling with his mental health, and I do wonder if that's true, perhaps his actions are fully explained by such. (Mania and having delusions? So his actions made sense to him at the time? Again, just pondering about the possibility.)
I so wish he'd be found.

Looking at it in conjunction with the police photo, it appears that the damage continues along the driver’s side, in a curve below the door handles. From that (if correct) my impression would be that the driver’s side scraped alongside something very heavy/solid which had one or two short but (again very solid) solid projections and the vehicle rode up on the driver’s side as it moved forward in contact with the object.

My first thought as to what the object that caused such damage might be would be something like a 3-4ft high very large concrete block with bolts sticking out of it - looking at what’s actually out there (as best I can online) I wonder if a pylon/transmission tower might be a contender.

View attachment 314866 View attachment 314867
Thanks for the photos with indicators!
I did take a quick glance at the towers at key junctions with rancher tracks (but only 2 or 3). You may well be right as there are MANY. One road runs right beside an entire line. Also, one of the 11 miles site is near a Tower on Salome-Tonapah Rd. but I didn't notice anything there. I also carefully checked the fencing, brick walls, and any objects at the transformer substation but nothing seemed damaged.

However, you got me thinking. Tartesso is not built out. If he made a turn into one of the secondary accesses he could have encountered a street where quite a few construction vehicles would be parked. Lots of building materials and "rool-off' construction dumpsters, etc. Very congested/active on one trip through that I took. They only thing with that is you would think someone would have seen/heard and tried to stop him from re-starting car and called police. I did request incident report for that day from Buckeye PD. One other note as far as a route through Tartesso, If you google the substation, Map takes you west on Thomas through Tartesso, on to a gravel section of Indian School and up north along 315th avenue. That is why I also tracked back the 11 miles from the crash site south, not just east out to Sun Valley parkway.

Last edited:
Just to lob one in from “left field” - what’s your best estimate of the diameter of that well?
18 inches but locked. There are 4 other wells within 4 miles, one active/covered and with a pump. The other 3 have diameters big enough but were covered and undisturbed. All have been checked/cleared. There are other wells to the west however and 3 on the Private Property to the South. It was cleared by Sheriff Officers. That's all I know on that front.

Complete speculation - it's not his fault and it's no one else's fault, but it really sounds like he was spiraling with his mental health, and I do wonder if that's true, perhaps his actions are fully explained by such. (Mania and having delusions? So his actions made sense to him at the time? Again, just pondering about the possibility.)
I so wish he'd be found.
So true. I really feel for Daniel in those last couple of days.

great observations, one thing i know for sure is that the vehicle did not come from Tartesso area that would be over 11miles from Tartesso thru Sun Valley Pkwy into either Cactus road or that Road just north of it and off to where the jeep was found. 30mph makes sense around the area the jeep was found but not IN the area it was found unless it was the final attempt to really smash it and flip it. I have not found information about the smashed windshield or the deep gouges on the driver side pillar. Like what could of done it...those little details would help.
Not if you go south along the Towers and hit 315th Ave. i.e. do not exit to Sun Valley at all. See other post.

Could there be 1 crash?, wheels spin for the equivalent of 11 miles, then another sensor trips and records a second "crash" that deploys the airbags?
and at @o 0
I had that thought, but when the airbag deploys the fuel shuts off, and the EDR freezes. The EDR records the odometer at time of deployment and again when the ACM (EDR) is powered up to read the data. That shows McGrath IMO the 11 mile difference. Why is that important?
Let's say it WAS one crash at the ravine with airbag deployment there and perhaps a pre-deployment event also recorded by the EDR that was the windshield and driver side damage earlier (not from a "crash" but lets call it a "scrape"). The scenario would then have to be that the tow truck driver and Buckeye PD did not secure the scene properly. After they winched the vehicle out of the ravine, they would have got the keys from the pants pockets (its a push button IIRC), gave them to Officer or tow truck driver, whomever failed the 46 times to get the fuel system reset (or in combination with Buckeye PD trying to power the EDR and using the wrong codes, etc. to access it back at the shop). After starting it (it may still have been drivable???) they actually drove it (or had it still sitting on it's side or up on a rack) and recorded those 11 miles. IMO a flatbed tow truck would have trouble getting up the steep hill to the west or across the desert to the east of crash site but should have been able to get to the detention basin 1/3 mile away so 11 miles after the ravine site is suspect IMO. Also IMO the accident report by Buckeye would have noted ALL those things happening. No one but McGrath has actually seen Buckeye PD accident report. So ?????
Can't see any other explanation for a one "crash" scenario....I been at this case a long time...o_Oo_Oo_O

and at @o 0
I had that thought, but when the airbag deploys the fuel shuts off, and the EDR freezes. The EDR records the odometer at time of deployment and again when the ACM (EDR) is powered up to read the data. That shows McGrath IMO the 11 mile difference. Why is that important?
Let's say it WAS one crash at the ravine with airbag deployment there and perhaps a pre-deployment event also recorded by the EDR that was the windshield and driver side damage earlier (not from a "crash" but lets call it a "scrape"). The scenario would then have to be that the tow truck driver and Buckeye PD did not secure the scene properly. After they winched the vehicle out of the ravine, they would have got the keys from the pants pockets (its a push button IIRC), gave them to Officer or tow truck driver, whomever failed the 46 times to get the fuel system reset (or in combination with Buckeye PD trying to power the EDR and using the wrong codes, etc. to access it back at the shop). After starting it (it may still have been drivable???) they actually drove it (or had it still sitting on it's side or up on a rack) and recorded those 11 miles. IMO a flatbed tow truck would have trouble getting up the steep hill to the west or across the desert to the east of crash site but should have been able to get to the detention basin 1/3 mile away so 11 miles after the ravine site is suspect IMO. Also IMO the accident report by Buckeye would have noted ALL those things happening. No one but McGrath has actually seen Buckeye PD accident report. So ?????
Can't see any other explanation for a one "crash" scenario....I been at this case a long time...o_Oo_Oo_O
Great summary & feedback. I'm curious about the accident report. Is it "normal" for PD not to make that available to the public? Also, how would the PI have obtained it if it's not generally available? And, would the means that the PI have used to obtain access to it also have obligated him in some way to not share it with anyone else? I've stated in other places before that I despise coincidences - but "semi-secrets" are right up there on that same list of mine too. I would think that the PI would at least share the report with family.

Not if you go south along the Towers and hit 315th Ave. i.e. do not exit to Sun Valley at all. See other post.
good point, i rode around those ravines the jeep was found in the west side of that basin, i rode south of that basin down to the first wash(directly south of the basin that crosses in a west east direction) found a rusty red fence that looked undisturbed and rode north east following the side of the hill top on the east side of that basin... google map shows what looks like dirt roads south of that basin and along the east side of the basin but they are small washes/creeks or whatever you would call those..they where really sandy and easy to get stuck in. I personally(not a pro) ruled out the ability to ride thru those areas without a proper off road vehicle...looked impossible to head further south from the basin without smashing a barbed wire fence. before my trip up that way i looked at the possible roads to access the area where the jeep was found, and noticed two options the obvious one going thru Sun Valley Pkwy or up 315th Ave, I used multiple maps to check the 315th route and noticed those roads would not be so driver friendly at a certain point.

I agree you could go that way but you will have to pass a couple of questionable areas that would have most people turning back, you'll come to a section where it forks either west or east...east would take you to the area i drove in south of the basin damn near impossible to drive thru...west would take you around thru a not so friendly road. If that black box reading is correct, driving thru that area to dispose of the vehicle would make sense BUT IMO you would have to know something about that area and the dirt roads

So my questions would be...
Why would Daniel be going thru the Tartesso area towards 315th? (not many people know these areas)
How much does Daniel know to venture out in those challenging conditions?
Do we know where this female lives? is it nearby his job site?

I ask those questions as Daniel being the driver, but many things make me believe someone else was or he was accompanied by someone.

What do we know about the picture of a jeep renegade in a road ...is it the last photo of Daniels car spotted?...if so any information where?

What about the Buckeye PD picture showing where they found the jeep, What do we know about the trail on the bottom left of the picture that leads to the jeep? (pretty profound marks)

Attachments

• post.png
    post.png
    394.5 KB · Views: 65
  • E_dMJ8iUYAEz150.jpg
    E_dMJ8iUYAEz150.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 55
Great summary & feedback. I'm curious about the accident report. Is it "normal" for PD not to make that available to the public? Also, how would the PI have obtained it if it's not generally available? And, would the means that the PI have used to obtain access to it also have obligated him in some way to not share it with anyone else? I've stated in other places before that I despise coincidences - but "semi-secrets" are right up there on that same list of mine too. I would think that the PI would at least share the report with family.

I can't speak for all states/law enforcement agencies, but it's definitely common to not release reports (of any kind really) with an investigation still pending.

As for the PI, who knows. Many PIs are former LEO, possible he had a connection and they trusted him with it. They may appreciate the extra assistance with the investigation.

No I am not "Will", I went on Sat, September 25th 2021

I might know what you're saying about it being rolled onto its passenger side, in this picture it shows some kind of rollover marks on the driver side.

This picture shows a smashed front fender some scrapes on the driver side pillar without much damage to the rest of the side

post picture It also shows what looks like the passenger airbag deployed and the rear removable top/hatch circled in red....from what i learned you need a key to unlock the top to be able to take it out, there is one in front and one in the back.

Could he have hit a large animal with the front drivers side and it kicked up and hit the windshield?

BUCKEYE, AZ — On Thursday, Buckeye Police released its report about the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of geologist Daniel Robinson.

In the days prior to his disappearance, the report said he was behaving oddly with a woman he'd met while working a side job for a food delivery service. During a delivery on June 12, a patron invited him to hang out at her home with her friend. In the days that followed texts revealed Robinson repeatedly showed up at the woman's home unannounced, after she asked him not to. The report said he'd told family "that he was in love with her." Text messages showed the feelings were not reciprocated. Robinson's state of mind regarding the woman he'd met was a recurring theme throughout the report.

The report also shows that family believes photos on his Instagram account had been removed since he'd gone missing.

While Tempe Police were dispatched to check Robinson's apartment on June 24 they did not go inside until July 7. Civil Air Patrol, which is comprised of volunteers who do air searches, was not contacted by police until July 7.

Police report released on missing geologist Daniel Robinson
Posted at 2:14 PM, Sep 24, 2021 and last updated 3:34 PM, Sep 24, 2021

Is there a pdf copy of this report? All I can find is the news articles about the report but not the actual report.

Is there a pdf copy of this report? All I can find is the news articles about the report but not the actual report.
PLEASE if you know where to find it let us know.

Who is this rancher that found him, where does he live?
At what point did the co-worker pull out the job site and realized Daniel headed west?
How long has the co-worker known Daniel?
Was June 23rd Daniels first day on that job site?

If the air bags shut off the fuel system, has there been any attempt to trace anyone accessing youtube videos on how to reset it?(found one immediately when i searched)

Reminder: on aerial pictures showing the location of the jeep, pictures i have posted of the area where it was found and other pictures alike. Although the scenery looks beautiful and easy to navigate in, it can be deceiving. It is treacherous, unforgiving and easy to get lost in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks