Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is our latest report tonight on the Gabby Petito case.
We went to the campground today – and county records back up Dog the Bounty Hunter’s tip he told us about last night.
Also – former FBI agent Jennifer Jennifer Coffindaffer answers your questions with @MarniHughesTV.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443025925227126789?s=21

Hmm... It shows me that his intention was that she was never going to meet the girl where she had hoped to.
So much so, that he didn't even bother to give the correct location. Had he said Yellowstone, but the friend arrived and couldn't make contact, Gabby's parents would say, she texted us from Yosemite.
It was definitely to confuse her family and probably the girl who was supposed to meet her at Yellowstone too.
He was trying to buy himself time, imo
MOO

From the 48 Hours interview, Rose, the friend, made it sound like she and Gabby had talked earlier in the month about Rose coming out there. Rose had taken time off, but Gabby never contacted her about it again. So Rose did not fly out there. I think Rose said the last time she talked to Gabby was mid-August, but you'd need to verify because I'm going off the top of my head at the date.

But I do think this was the ultimate you will not hang out with Rose move. Maybe they were fighting about just that -- the fact that she invited Rose on their trip.

Can anyone help identify the are on the map at the link? I've get to match with a map unsuccessfully. The map can be enlarged.

PCSD is intensely circling one spot since 8:30 ish.

ET,it appears to be a small nidy of water.

Thanks

N1SD Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

Looks like an area called Child's Park and also Gulfport. Eta: Over land/city blocks just to the NE of Boca Ciega Bay Aquatic Preserve.

Looks like it has returned to the airport now.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida park documents confirm family camped out after Gabby Petito disappearance

Brian Laundrie’s mom Roberta did check in to a Florida park about 75 miles north of the family’s home earlier this month, records obtained by Fox News show.

The documents confirm Chapman’s suspicion that the Laundries went camping at the Fort De Soto Park outside St. Petersburg between his return from out West on Sept. 1 and the day Petito’s mother reported her missing, Sept. 11. They show the family checked in on Sept. 6 and out on Sept. 8 – but there's no record on the document of them the week prior.

Online sleuths reported that a law enforcement helicopter flew over the area of the campground overnight. However a Pinellas County sheriff spokesperson told Fox News the department was not conducting an investigation at Fort De Soto.

Nope! I've camped at Tuolomne Meadows before. It isn't a 3 hour round trip from there to the valley and back. And it was right before Labor Day Weekend. We moved into the valley on Labor Day Weekend that time.
Google Maps? Ahwanee to Tuolumne Meadows. 56 miles, 1.5 hrs, one way. I just looked it up because I didn't remember, just remembered that it was very long and not doable for us the last time we were there in June. I have stayed twice there. Sorry, we are going completely OT here.

I think they were starting to learn what happened from outside sources and that his story wasn't adding up and that's why he ran.
That’s a definite possibility! If that’s the case, I just wish they’d come out & say that! Because they are being treated so horribly because their actions are making them look guilty, complicit, cruel (if you’re Gabby’s family) or all three IMO. You’d think as absolutely horrendous as they are being treated (I’m not saying whether it’s right or wrong - don’t come for me lol), that if that’s really what happened, they’d have at least said the truth to make some of it stop. IMO but who knows…

I wonder if he used the bank cards thinking it would appear SHE was alive making purchases? That's probably been discussed here, but it has never occurred to me until I read your post.

That was my thought as well. He didn't expect her body to be found and he figured by using her cards it would appear she was traveling.

Online sleuths reported that a law enforcement helicopter flew over the area of the campground overnight. However a Pinellas County sheriff spokesperson told Fox News the department was not conducting an investigation at Fort De Soto.

yeah they said the departments not, doesn't mean the FBI isn't

PCSD is intensely circling one spot since 8:30 ish.

there was a shooting last night in the area, could be related

Question. This has probably been answered, but it would be so far back there’s no way I could go digging for it lol. In Gabby’s YouTube video she posted, that wasn’t all from this last trip was it? I know some of what I saw looked like California, but I can’t be 100% sure. I didn’t know if it was from this most recent trip they took, or was it compiled footage from several trips? I probably at one point knew the answer to this, but I’m slowly losing my mind with this case & can’t remember for the life of me. Haha!
Some of the "Welcome to the Van Life" video on YouTube was made up of footage from previous trips to California and Oregon. But on her last trip, they only visited National Parks and never planned to go to California. After Yellowstone, they were supposed to go to Oregon and end the trip there.
Explained in this article: Gabby Petito timeline: Tracing the ‘van life’ blogger’s trip - National | Globalnews.ca
"The couple seemingly bonded over their love for adventure and went on several trips in late 2019 and 2020. Video and photos from their travels show they visited Portland, Ore., along with parts of Georgia and California."
They later used footage from that trip in their “Van Life” video blog, which they combined with their adventures this summer.

Last edited:
That intersection (Balboa & Delmar) is actually 4.4 miles from the entrance to Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, and another 5.5 miles to the Laundrie's house. So not really close to either.

I'm sorry, where I live, within 5 miles is close and we do call it down the street. I guess people who live in different areas consider distance differently.

https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-new...s-brian-laundrie-hid-out-in-fort-de-soto-park

Was this initially based on the text Gabby’s mom received on the 30th or something entirely different??

From the Sept 28th article:
Fox News recently obtained the missing persons’ report for Petito, in which her mother, Nichole Schmidt, stated that her daughter was last seen at 7 a.m. on Aug. 30 at Grand Teton National Park. Schmidt wrote in the report that her Long Island home was a "probable destination."
Hmmm...I hadn't seen that before. I wonder where and by who Gabby was seen on the 30th. That would mean Brian drove home to FL in 24 hours? Wasn't it 10:30am when he was tagged taking the exit to North Port?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

We DO know certain facts: Gabby was killed in late August on a trip with her "fiance" who was reportedly the last person to see her alive, then he used her bank card and vehicle after the date she died and can't be found. If your child didn't do any of those things, you have nothing to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this! So, on the timeline, the police did a welfare check (probably checking for GP because she lives there?) on September 10 (that's as a result of GP's father calling police, I think?). After that visit and the filing of the missing person report in NY, the NorthPort LE must have gotten a warrant to go get the van. By the time LE went back to get the van on Saturday night, BL's parents had hired a lawyer and gotten counsel not to let BL talk to them or let them in the house. I wonder how much BL told them at that point -- he may still have been telling them stories about where GP was. But I also wonder what they or BL told the atty (SB) for him to give them the advice he did. No matter what BL was saying, though, it looked bad enough for SB to counsel them not to interact with LE. And so.... they did what any normal family would do! They went camping? Or was this when they went many "other places"?

Yes, I think they reportedly went to the Laundrie house 3 times on Friday. I don't know why so many times. We had a spreadsheet on these threads, outlining that. I didn't save it, and now I can't find it. But then I think after that, they went twice on Saturday, to include that late-night van pick up. <modsnip: The spreadsheet was removed because it was not linked to an approved source>

I agree with you that it probably happened the way you say.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is not comfortable in nature except in his fantasies. So, there's no conflict here.
I'm surprised you say that. This is a guy who has spent months tooling around the US in a van, and prior to that, hiked the AT. Despite his other flaws, he seems exceptionally comfortable outdoors. Compared to most of us, who wouldn't care to spend months in a tent or van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288