AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for all states/law enforcement agencies, but it's definitely common to not release reports (of any kind really) with an investigation still pending.

ABC15 (I believe that’s the correct media outlet) stated in their latest article about Daniel that LE recently released the report.
However, this media group just shared parts of the report by summarizing some of the main points in their article.

Just a bunch of random thoughts I've had reading this thread.
I'm not sure if I missed it or anything, but do we know the time of the first and second crash? Like how much time passed between the two?

I'm just wondering if possibly Daniel had the first crash and left the vehicle then, and someone else found it and joy rode around some before the second crash. They could have also gone through the vehicle to see if there was anything worth taking, which is why some of the stuff is outside the vehicle?

Also, perhaps, after the first crash there was problems getting it started, resulting in trying to turn it over many times before they could get it going. Another scenario is that after the last crash it was started multiple times to try to charge a phone or use the radio or something.

ALL MOO
The only thing known about times is BBM "A crash occurred at 1:00pm". Unknown as to whether it was the crash that deployed airbags or the crash in the ravine.

Nothing was taken from the ravine site. A work computer and his phone was still in the vehicle and his wallet was still in his pants, so nothing of value was taken. Leading Buckeye to judge "no foul play".

Great summary & feedback. I'm curious about the accident report. Is it "normal" for PD not to make that available to the public? Also, how would the PI have obtained it if it's not generally available? And, would the means that the PI have used to obtain access to it also have obligated him in some way to not share it with anyone else? I've stated in other places before that I despise coincidences - but "semi-secrets" are right up there on that same list of mine too. I would think that the PI would at least share the report with family.
Well it's still an active missing person investigation. News reports indicated Mr. Robinson was upset Buckeye did not do "complete forensics" meaning fingerprinting. And pushed them to do that. He then received crash scene photos that the rancher took (those were originally released to WISTV in Columbia by Mr. Robinson. Based on that photo and a site visit, Mr. McGrath had questions. Mr. Robinson and Mr. McGrath actually wanted to take over the entire investigation. Buckeye balked and I assume the vehicle and Buckeye accident report given to Mr. McGrath for separate analysis was the result.

Mr. Robinson is aware of the ACCIDENT report and what it says but that is independent of the INVESTIGATIVE report on Daniel as a missing person. Those report sections have only been released to the press (as far as I can determine). Brittney on the AZ family podcast, ABC 15, and Channel 12 all seem to have copies but Mr. Robinson sounded like on interviews he had not seen (but surely he knows what he told about his Sunday conversation with Daniel and what the siblings reported).

As far as semi-secrets go two comments; if we had known about the relationship and some of Daniel's other issues in detail back in July, some of the theoretical possibilities would have started losing impetus. As far as Buckeye, without a vehicle for 3.5 weeks and then without a body, they still unfortunately for all of us, have no crime. I also feel Buckeye is holding on to some other crucial bit of info. They are releasing sections of the investigative report for a reason. It's now a PR battle. Now whether or not Mr. Robinson already knows other details, who knows. He definitely won't be sharing it.

FWIW ...my 2 cents. On a larger scale I think the whole "missing persons" (of color or not) will potentially lead to an LE change in protocol. Meaning, they won't be able to out of hand make a "runaway" decision, all are assumed to be kidnap victims (even without a demand), perhaps immediate steps after 12 or 24 hours like ground searches, warrants for cell phone records, more extensive use of amber alerts, etc.

What do we know about the picture of a jeep renegade in a road ...is it the last photo of Daniels car spotted?...if so any information where?

What about the Buckeye PD picture showing where they found the jeep, What do we know about the trail on the bottom left of the picture that leads to the jeep? (pretty profound marks)
I personally never figured that one out, nor have I heard from anyone else. It's from Buckeye PDs original flyer when Daniel went missing.

good point, i rode around those ravines the jeep was found in the west side of that basin, i rode south of that basin down to the first wash(directly south of the basin that crosses in a west east direction) found a rusty red fence that looked undisturbed and rode north east following the side of the hill top on the east side of that basin... google map shows what looks like dirt roads south of that basin and along the east side of the basin but they are small washes/creeks or whatever you would call those..they where really sandy and easy to get stuck in. I personally(not a pro) ruled out the ability to ride thru those areas without a proper off road vehicle...looked impossible to head further south from the basin without smashing a barbed wire fence. before my trip up that way i looked at the possible roads to access the area where the jeep was found, and noticed two options the obvious one going thru Sun Valley Pkwy or up 315th Ave, I used multiple maps to check the 315th route and noticed those roads would not be so driver friendly at a certain point.

I agree you could go that way but you will have to pass a couple of questionable areas that would have most people turning back, you'll come to a section where it forks either west or east...east would take you to the area i drove in south of the basin damn near impossible to drive thru...west would take you around thru a not so friendly road. If that black box reading is correct, driving thru that area to dispose of the vehicle would make sense BUT IMO you would have to know something about that area and the dirt roads

So my questions would be...
Why would Daniel be going thru the Tartesso area towards 315th? (not many people know these areas)
How much does Daniel know to venture out in those challenging conditions?
Do we know where this female lives? is it nearby his job site?

I ask those questions as Daniel being the driver, but many things make me believe someone else was or he was accompanied by someone.
IMO woman lives in Tempe. He was delivering for a food service on his off hours so I can't imagine he'd go to far out of his residence area.
As far as through Tartesso I just noted that IF he went back in town (remember he actually has 4 hours unaccounted for) and he wanted to get back to the substation and goggled it, Google takes you on a weird path through Tartesso. And if he wanted to avoid the contractor he met with he would not come in the access road north of Cactus because of fear of running into him. (see the map I just posted).

PLEASE if you know where to find it let us know.

Who is this rancher that found him, where does he live?
At what point did the co-worker pull out the job site and realized Daniel headed west?
How long has the co-worker known Daniel?
Was June 23rd Daniels first day on that job site?

If the air bags shut off the fuel system, has there been any attempt to trace anyone accessing youtube videos on how to reset it?(found one immediately when i searched)

Reminder: on aerial pictures showing the location of the jeep, pictures i have posted of the area where it was found and other pictures alike. Although the scenery looks beautiful and easy to navigate in, it can be deceiving. It is treacherous, unforgiving and easy to get lost in.
The Ranchers name has never been released. He did meet with David Robinson at the crash site on July 24th. He had his own photos and sent them to Mr. Robinson.
My understanding is there are at least 2 if not 3 ranchers working the properties in the general area. May be more to the west of the Hassayampa. None live on property. They have some "lease arrangement" with the actual property owners. I met a second rancher about 6 weeks ago one day when I was out there and he knows to be on the look out.

My understanding from AzFamily podcast is that he only waited maybe an hour (?) and tried to reach Daniel via phone (I could be wrong, its hard to tell from the released report section cited by other reporting). When he didn't answer, he called the project manager at Matrix New World and he begin trying to reach Daniel. IMO by 1:00 at the latest, an office co-worker went to his apartment and to his sisters place looking for any sign of him. Mr. Robinson was notified around 4 or 5 local time.

The contractor is not a "co-worker". He is a driller, and yes, meeting for the first time on this particular site. I have not read if they had interacted on other jobs, but Daniel did have other drill sites in Buckeye but way to the south.

Excellent reminder BTW for those from elsewhere.

I would *love* to hear how another independent crash scene investigator/reconstructist might interpret some of this info. I haven't dug into anything about this PI and I have no first hand knowledge of the local LE. I recognize that some folks may have reason to question local LE's efforts on the investigation and I can't call in to doubt the abilities of the PI hired by the family. It just seems odd that local LE seems to have few (if any) concerns about the incident, while the PI seems to be adamant that there has been foul play if some kind. In a situation like that, I generally try to step back and ask why. Why would opinions differ so widely? Who would have reason to lie or who should have the ability to provide the more educated opinion. And I can't say that I can figure that out from what I know. Assuming that the family is paying the PI, (& I think I've heard that the family has fundraisers going to help pay the PI) and the only way the PI would continue to get paid is if he finds some sort of reason for the family to think he's needed. And I don't for a second state that to throw shade on any opinions provided by the PI or by LE. I just feel there might be reason to have a third neutral party research & investigate and provide a third outsider opinion.

The PIs statements were made before certain other information was provided to him. Obtaining 'current' views would be helpful from both.

Not sure why I didn't post before but here is my Map of the major points of interest, Daniel's overland route to ravine, Routes by LE to vehicle site, possible routes at 11 mile mark, areas I have searched, etc.

Daniel Search - Google My Maps

Use in conjunction with the Sector Map at
ArcGIS Web Application
GREAT efforts! your map is very useful for those riding out and searching.
On a side note, My first post in this forum was immediately after finding out the location Daniel was working at, after reading every single post on this thread i noticed many things that where mentioned and pretty obvious to me just being a "local" for over 40yrs, like going west on that road or any road of Sun Valley Pkwy unless you are familiar with the area...some venture out that way but usually not alone and for reasons i mentioned on other posts. Most of what i have pointed out was as if Daniel where the driver, clearheaded and pretty new to the area.

After @JJ Ray pointed out the alternate route i did some mapping research and found multiple locations the jeep could of been driven from after the air bags deployed, one as @JJ Ray mentioned is the Tartesso neighborhood area thru the dirt roads basically the back way to where the jeep was found only a couple of routes that could add up to the 11miles driven after the air bags deployed. Another is north on Sun Valley Pkwy in the Sun City Festival neighborhood area, there's a gas station on that road. Another is Ankon Hiking Trail taking the dirt roads back to his job site and getting lost. All three are around the 11miles that is recorded after the accident, it does not mean the accident happened in those areas but it tells me that further out it couldn't of happened and the accident is isolated to LESS then a 11mile radius. IMOO i am not a pro

Father takes search into his own hands, says police haven't done enough for his missing Black son

Sept 29
With no new leads in their son's case, on Sept. 26 the Robinson family held their own press conference outside the Buckeye Police Department, along with local community leaders to draw national attention to their son's case.

Edmonds said that her daughter, Davisha Davidson, was the one who told her that Daniel was missing. According to the police report, one of Daniel Davidson's coworkers said he last saw him leaving the job site and driving off the road into the desert. Davidson was driving a 2017 blue Jeep Renegade around 9:15 a.m.

David Robinson said he filed a missing persons report later that night.

"I contacted the Buckeye Police Department, informing them, our son, geologist Daniel Robinson, has been missing for over 12 hours," said David Robinson. "I did ask them to go search in the desert for my son and being that it was night I was told by an officer that they would try to do it in the morning."

According to the police report, a responding officer called Daniel Robinson's phone multiple times and then went out to search the area where he was last seen, but did not find him or his vehicle.

On July 6, almost two weeks after Daniel Robinson went missing, the police department searched his home and found no indication that he had packed and planned for a trip of any kind, according to the police report.

On Sept. 23, the Buckeye Police Department released a report that outlined Daniel Robinson's mental state in the days leading to his disappearance and said reportedly, "Daniel was acting off at the job site." Separately, he was also reportedly acting strange with a young woman he met, while working on the side for a food delivery service.

"[The detective] said that he believed our son was delusional after the head injury. And he walked away and may have rested somewhere," said Robinson, who wasn't satisfied with that conclusion. "I decided to bring on a private investigator because I wasn't getting answers that I need."

Father takes search into his own hands, says police haven't done enough for his missing Black son

Robinson hired Jeff McGrath, who said he downloaded the Jeep's so-called black box and allegedly found things that concerned him.

"So [Daniel] went missing anywhere from 9:15 to 9:45 in the morning, and the Uconnect tells us that the airbags blew at about 1:00 p.m. So there's a time gap there," said McGrath.

"I don't know if somebody is joyriding in this car; found it and decided they wanted to crash it. If somebody was trying to make it look like somebody was injured or died in this vehicle. I just don't know what happened," McGrath added.

McGrath said he reached out to the Buckeye Police Department to share his findings, but said he's been met with difficulty.

"I have relayed all my information to them. I don't think they want to hear what I have to say," said McGrath.

Authorities have maintained an "open line of communication" with the Robinson family and their private investigator, the Buckeye Police Department told ABC News.

Robinson hired Jeff McGrath, who said he downloaded the Jeep's so-called black box and allegedly found things that concerned him.

"So [Daniel] went missing anywhere from 9:15 to 9:45 in the morning, and the Uconnect tells us that the airbags blew at about 1:00 p.m. So there's a time gap there," said McGrath.

"I don't know if somebody is joyriding in this car; found it and decided they wanted to crash it. If somebody was trying to make it look like somebody was injured or died in this vehicle. I just don't know what happened," McGrath added.

McGrath said he reached out to the Buckeye Police Department to share his findings, but said he's been met with difficulty.

"I have relayed all my information to them. I don't think they want to hear what I have to say," said McGrath.

Authorities have maintained an "open line of communication" with the Robinson family and their private investigator, the Buckeye Police Department told ABC News.
Interesting to find out that the Jeep Renegade was equipped with a UConnect system. Likely that would mean it had GPS and a navigation system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82