Found Deceased AZ - Najib "Jubi" Monsif, 20, with autism, wandering near home, Scottsdale, 23 Sep 2021 *Reward*

AZsilver74

Reaction score
Search continues for missing autistic Scottsdale man Najib Monsif

Najib Monsif has been missing since last Wednesday from Scottsdale, Arizona. He has a diagnosis of Autism and functions at a 6 year old level. National help and coverage needed for this missing person's case. Please help if you can. Thank you. Attached is his flyer.

Attachments

• Jubi Flyer.pdf
    194.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.abc15.com/news/region-n...amily-hopes-for-the-best-despite-no-new-leads

SCOTTSDALE, AZ — Six days after Najib Monsif disappeared,his family is expecting the worst, but hoping for the best while the trail remains cold on his whereabouts.

Monsif was last seen wandering around his home near Frank LLoyd Wright Boulevard and Via Linda at 2 a.m. on Wednesday, September 22. The 20-year-old has autism and is described as having the mental capacity of an 8-year-old.

"Jubi is an angel. He is 20 years old with a baby’s heart," said Najib Monsif Sr., his father.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. From your link:

“Although he is a 20-year-old young man, this is a missing child and it needs to be handled as such and addressed as such,” said his sister Josie.

The night before he vanished, Jubi and his older brother George were playing video games; something they often did when his brother would visit from college.

George said Jubi would sometimes tell the family that he was leaving and recently told his mother that he wouldn't see her again. That night, George said Jubi told him the same thing.

“I was saying good night and he said, 'I’m never going to see you again.' I was like, 'what do you mean,' and he said, 'nothing, I’ll talk to you later,'” said George.

“Our son was kidnapped,” his father said. “I am asking every American citizen and begging to help find our son, our angel.”

*Tears are rolling as Jubi’s father pleads for his son.
*Fellow WebSleuthers, c’mon - let’s help find Jubi.

His parents report that he has the mental capacity of a 6-year-old. Najib is an avid gamer who spends most of his time on his phone, which he does not have with him, his family said. Najib cannot drive and they do not believe he would leave his home on his own.
Search continues for missing autistic Scottsdale man Najib Monsif

Last edited:
Najib Monsif has been missing since last Wednesday from Scottsdale, Arizona. He has a diagnosis of Autism and functions at a 6 year old level. National help and coverage needed for this missing person's case. Please help if you can. Thank you. Attached is his flyer.
Welcome to Websleuths. We’re so happy to have you. I’m gonna help you with the title and get a mod to put in the details. Feel free to message me if you have questions about the navigation. You are very brave to start your first post as you begin your membership. Have you read here for awhile before joining?

The canal area was searched. The desert area north of the canal has been searched by bicycle; on foot and by drone,” said a spokesperson with the Scottsdale Police Department.

Jubi was last seen wandering around his home near Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard and Via Linda. Scottsdale police said police dogs picked up his scent and tracked to a nearby Albertson's Grocery Store about a half-mile away from his home.

Anyone with information on his disappearance is asked to contact the Scottsdale Police Department at 480-312-5000.

upload_2021-9-29_4-49-41.png
Google Maps
Google Maps
Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd & Via Linda, Scottsdale, AZ 85259 - Former Safeway | LoopNet.com

"Today’s the first day that I can even stand up and speak. The pain has been unbearable," said Rebecca Nold, Monsif's mom. "A lot of people have a person with autism in their family. They know someone or love someone with autism. These people, these special, special people, are like angels."

"[If you see him] absolutely do not let him out of your sight. He is to be stayed with and call 911 immediately. Because this is a dire situation. This is extremely dangerous. Do not call us, call 911," said Josephine Monsif, his sister.
https://www.abc15.com/news/region-n...amily-hopes-for-the-best-despite-no-new-leads

Last edited:
Welcome to WS, @AZsilver74! Thank you for starting a thread for Jubi. I pray he'll be safely located soon.

Silver Alert | Arizona Department of Public Safety
SBBM
Scottsdale%20Silver%20Alert.jpg

SILVER ALERT
Alert Status: Active
Preliminary Information of Missing Subject:
Najib Monsif was seen last night at his residence near N. Frank Lloyd Wright and E. Via Linda in Scottsdale. He is 20 years old, 6 foot tall, 100 pounds, Black hair, and Black Eyes. He could be possibly wearing all-black clothing. He wears moccasins and walks with shuffle steps. Please contact Scottsdale PD if located.

Date Subject Went Missing: Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 7:20am
Missing Subject's Full Name: Najib Monsif
(DBM)
Height: 6'00"
Weight: 100
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Race: White

Investigating Agency (if in Arizona): Scottsdale Police Department
Point of Contact (Name): Scottsdale PD
Point of Contact (Number): (480) 312-5000
Release Date: Thursday, September 23, 2021

The search for Najib Monsif, the 20 year old known as Jubi, continues four days after his initial disappearance. Scottsdale Police describes Monsif as "6 feet with black hair, brown eyes, and a lanky frame." He left his home in the vicinity of Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard and Via Linda on Wednesday, Sept. 23.

On Finding Najib (Jubi) Monsif, a Facebook group page, Josie Monsif, the missing man's sister, explained, "He usually holds the collar of his shirt above his nose, hiding his face." She added, "He is autistic, and though verbal, he will be in distress." According to multiple sources, the ongoing search has employed various resources, including tip lines, helicopters and drone surveillance, and social media appeals.

A Saturday afternoon post on the "Finding Najib" group page by Josie offered a stark update: "The police have followed up all reported sightings of my brother, and we have no leads at this time. The reality of the situation is he is not on foot. He is not with anyone he knows. He is most likely with a stranger. I will update with any more search meetings. Our family is so grateful. Send your prayers." (The Arizona Republic/Facebook)

The Search For Jubi Continues + On The Sacred + Hatch Chilies

Najib is the sweetest kid with autism. He's an angel. My life is nothing without him," said Najib's father.

"Like [any] other night, nothing new. I got him his food because he stayed up all night so he can eat at night. At 2 a.m., I woke up, fed the dog, walked the puppy we have for [Najib], and I went and laid back down and I saw him come down with a bag, with the food to put in the trash. And I never saw him coming up. At this stage I was dizzy, so I fell asleep," his father said.
Autistic man reported missing from Scottsdale neighborhood

Last edited:
"We love you Jub," Najib's father, also named Najib, said. "We love you." Najib's family still can't believe that he has disappeared.

"It's just been a nightmare that we're not waking up from," said Najib's mother Rebecca Nold. "You can't wake up."

Najib has autism, and the mental capacity of an eight year-old. An avid video gamer, his family says he rarely leaves the house. Najib is usually gaming or on his phone.

In this case, he doesn't have his phone. Since he's unable to drive, his sister Josephine is worried about where Najib could be and who could potentially be with him. Police say they have searched the surrounding Scottsdale areas including parks, shopping centers, the Preserve and canals.

"He left on foot," Josephine said. "And god forbid he's in the car with someone we don't know. We're terrified, but we're very hopeful to find him."

The Monsif's have made a Facebook group to provide updates, and Josephine's Twitter post has already been retweeted more than 14 thousand times.
Family and friends continue search for missing Scottsdale man

Thanks for posting. From your link:

“Although he is a 20-year-old young man, this is a missing child and it needs to be handled as such and addressed as such,” said his sister Josie.

The night before he vanished, Jubi and his older brother George were playing video games; something they often did when his brother would visit from college.

George said Jubi would sometimes tell the family that he was leaving and recently told his mother that he wouldn't see her again. That night, George said Jubi told him the same thing.

“I was saying good night and he said, 'I’m never going to see you again.' I was like, 'what do you mean,' and he said, 'nothing, I’ll talk to you later,'” said George.

So Jubi's comment about never seeing his dad again? Was that him telling his dad he was going to run away or just an off comment made? Then his dad says in another interview he was kidnapped. So much conflicting stuff that I'm not understanding what actually happened here. Did he run away and they have some info to show he was kidnapped after leaving the home? Or is that just what the family fears happened? Is there water nearby? Autistic people are attracted to water bc of the sensory stimulation. Does he have a computer that he possibly communicates with people on the internet and it was planned to leave with someone?

So Jubi's comment about never seeing his dad again? Was that him telling his dad he was going to run away or just an off comment made? Then his dad says in another interview he was kidnapped. So much conflicting stuff that I'm not understanding what actually happened here. Did he run away and they have some info to show he was kidnapped after leaving the home? Or is that just what the family fears happened? Is there water nearby? Autistic people are attracted to water bc of the sensory stimulation. Does he have a computer that he possibly communicates with people on the internet and it was planned to leave with someone?
It was his brother that he said this to, after they had finished playing a game and his brother was going off to bed. They mention he has said things of this nature in the past... they have searched the canals (water) in the area. It appears they believe he must be with someone because he is unable to walk long distances (per his sister in interview). He left his phone behind.

My concern is the computer / game. Alicia Navarro, also autistic, also a gamer has been missing from Phoenix (nearby city) for two years. :( This is what struck me at first. Similarities. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back