Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck? Surely if a package for the former Morphew owners was delivered there in error, the new owners would have returned it to the Post Office. That's just a guess on what she was doing. What a dumb move. Or was this something else?

This should stand as a warning to anyone that wants to trespass on this property to have a look around as a bad move. IMO
I wouldn't be surprised to learn she was doing Barry's bidding here. I'm just hoping we learn more details.

Love it! Definitely getting a Michele Traconis vibe about all of this.
The timing doesn't seem to work for her to be a true MT, but I have little doubt she would have been.

She deleted information from her phone, denied an affair that everyone knows occurred, and now this.

Barry doesn't realize this, but she's the most dangerous person on earth. If that relationship goes south, she could really do some damage at trial.

I agree. There must have been something important in that package.

Yeah. Hopefully it isn't a chipmunk problem -- SD might want to reconsider her options when it comes to "friends" -- certainly until Barry moves into his new cheapskate forever home on the State of Colorado's dime.

The timing doesn't seem to work for her to be a true MT, but I have little doubt she would have been.

She deleted information from her phone, denied an affair that everyone knows occurred, and now this.

Barry doesn't realize this, but she's the most dangerous person on earth. If that relationship goes south, she could really do some damage at trial.
Great point. More of a possible accessory after fact if anything. But she could definitely sink him. Which is why it is great they have this little bit of leverage on her. I know that they can get phone records from burner phones. At least from her calls or texts to and from the burner so I’m interested to see how that part of the investigation unfolds.

What the heck? Surely if a package for the former Morphew owners was delivered there in error, the new owners would have returned it to the Post Office. That's just a guess on what she was doing. What a dumb move. Or was this something else?

This should stand as a warning to anyone that wants to trespass on this property to have a look around as a bad move. IMO
Totally agree. Clearly the new owners are keeping watch on their property which absolutely is a warning to any "looky loos". But really, why not knock on the door and ask for the package if it wasn't addressed to the home owners? Pretty dumb move. I don't know if we ever established if they have postal service delivery at the home...but that is neither hear nor there whether it was UPS, FedX or USPS.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...passing-at-old-morphew-home-in-chaffee-county

In her interview with investigators, Darke said she has known Morphew since October 2020 because she cleaned his neighbor's house and met him at a dumpster outside the home, according to the affidavit.

She deleted items off her phone and one may have been a number belonging to Barry Morphew's second phone number, according to the affidavit. This happened in front of investigators.

She did not answer all of the investigators' questions.

She told them she called the CBI tip line in May 2020 to report a strange vehicle around Puma Path around the time Suzanne Morphew disappeared.

I'm really curious if Barry sent SD to retrieve that pkg. And told her the surveillance system was not working because Suzanne unplugged it ;)

Surely by now she knows how full of carp Barry is. She doesnt look gullible, does she? o_O What a pair.

@oviedo , @OldCop - Did I miss an updated timeline from the AA release?
No, you didn’t miss it, @sk716 because it hasn’t been completed yet. :D Needed to step away so I could reread the AA with fresh eyes. A couple of dates/times threw me off. @oviedo has been really busy with timelines and Media/Maps on a couple of other cases, too.

Why would he be Mirandized if he was coming in voluntarily and blustering freely?

I mean, it sounds like everyone agreed he shouldn't be talking, LE and even Barry himself, and yet here we are, served with 129 pages of Barry- couldn't-stop-himself.

JMO

So the question is why would something have to be sent to that address. It was coming from somewhere that he was unable to change the delivery address.
True, it has been quite a while since he lived there. It would be surprising for anything recent to be mailed to that address unless it was an old account that had not been updated. But then again we aren’t talking about the brightest bulb in the tanning bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158