Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was certainly odd when it seemed like they suddenly stopped searching after Dog's revelation of the DeSoto campground -- I was thinking, didn't they say they had intelligence that BL was really at the Reserve? Apart from his parents' word for it, that is.

With the insane amount of resources they have already spent searching the Reserve, the fact that they are going back either means they have something real to go on, or it's the most expensive diversionary tactic ever. I'd like to believe it's not the latter.

Last night my neighbor and I were talking about the protesters on the Laundrie's street. On our street we have couples who have lived here since the homes were built, 1969. On our street we have young couples with small children, we have teenagers, we even have a home with 6 college students who work and go to school. On our street children can play in the street. We talked about what we would do if there were protesters in front of our homes. And then from there we went to talking about which one of our neighbor's would be the "laundries". We both decided it was the family that moved out last year, in the middle of the night. We honestly don't know what we would do. Wasn't it the Anthony's who turned on their sprinklers in their front yard. I wonder why the Laundries don't just get in their car and leave?

I thought they should leave, but then I was like where could they go that would be any more private than their own home. The media and "protestors" would follow. So unless they could afford some type of gated compound, which they likely can't, I can't think of any place to go. Granted, I haven't though about it too hard, but still.

I don't want to hear he killed her by accident. He abused her emotionally and physically beat on her...on her face, her head, etc. He liked it, he got the power trip...he got a power trip off of it. It's not rocket science to know if a male hits a female in the face and head that severe, debilitating or fatal injury can occur.
So however it happened he was purposefully engaging in dangerous behavior on multiple occasions towards her which never gets better. That coupled with his behavior afterwards says it.
To me anything else is BS.

I don't want to hear he killed her by accident. He abused her emotionally and physically beat on her...on her face, her head, etc. He liked it, he got the power trip...he got a power trip off of it. It's not rocket science to know if a male hits a female in the face and head that severe, debilitating or fatal injury can occur.
So however it happened he was purposefully engaging in dangerous behavior on multiple occasions towards her which never gets better. That coupled with his behavior afterwards says it.
To me anything else is BS.
That’s why he’s in hiding.

It was certainly odd when it seemed like they suddenly stopped searching after Dog's revelation of the DeSoto campground -- I was thinking, didn't they say they had intelligence that BL was really at the Reserve? Apart from his parents' word for it, that is.

With the insane amount of resources they have already spent searching the Reserve, the fact that they are going back either means they have something real to go on, or it's the most expensive diversionary tactic ever. I'd like to believe it's not the latter.
I feel like for them to keep searching Carlton Reserve that they may have found evidence of some kind. JMO

"Around" is a relative term. Close enough to get there in the time frame but still a couple hours away IIRC. Awful long drive to go to a bar. She was confirmed alive after this.

His hitchhiking didn't make sense either, and didn't fit into some people's timeline either...until it did...

As I saw it, it was 5 hours away from where she was found. No other sightings tho around that specific time of them being anywhere else, and not an impossible drive to the Piglet's restaurant or where Gabbie was found.

It might be a good idea to put the encounter on the timeline and then specifically prove how this cannot possibly happen.

I think when you have 4 (very well educated) people 100% positive it was him, it is not a good idea to discount what they witnessed.

She was seen alive after the moose bar encounter. That doesn't mean he wasn't seen by himself in the bar. Maybe she just broke it off with him. Who knows?

Far reach and all speculation but timing is current, I was sleuthing the Boone area for stolen vehicles as just "something to do" and the following occurred in Foscoe, NC yesterday and is posted on crimestoppers.
Last Updated on September 28, 2021 4:31 pm

High Country Crime Stoppers and Watauga Sheriff’s Office seek the public’s assistance in solving the following crime:

On the morning of September 27th, a blueish gray 1996 Honda Accord with a Tennessee registration plate was stolen from the Grandview Restaurant in Foscoe. The Honda may have blue tape on the passenger side window and may have been seen traveling through Boone after the theft. The Watauga County Sheriff’s Office is seeking information about this theft and the current location of the vehicle. Ref ID #211264

MOO..It was stated the Boone sighting of BL is unconfirmed, but there exists a possibility that he could steal a vehicle in desperation to move to another location quickly and then ditch car before he is caught. Our family spends a week every year right up the road at Grandfather GCC and have driven through and to Foscoe every year (Boone is down the road 15 Mins), Foscoe is a very small VALLEY town of locals who know each other and tourists who stop to trout fish in stocked lakes, outdoors shopping store, veggie stands, there is a campground on Watauga River, mining mills for kids to mine for rocks, ice cream shop etc.. Hiking trails are everywhere off of Route 105.

I would venture to state that a stolen vehicle from a restaurant (and crime in general) in this small VALLEY town is unusual.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure he feels like he is going to be incarcerated for one reason or another. Not being able to commune with nature, I feel, would be like death to him. JMO based on the photos and comments he has posted.
He wasn't exactly communing with nature while working at Publix. Wonder what co-workers have to say about him? jmo

From all that I have read about the Reserve and about the DeSoto campsite, the Reserve is a gauntlet to run. It’s miserable to search. The rains have made it even worse. The DeSoto campsite, much more civilized.

It is possible that some signs of someone in the Reserve were found. Not a place anyone would want to be during this time unless hiding out. LE isn’t likely to share such info

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure he feels like he is going to be incarcerated for one reason or another. Not being able to commune with nature, I feel, would be like death to him. JMO based on the photos and comments he has posted.
I guess you’re right, and if he’s found there may be a shootout rather than a peaceful surrender.

The weekend of September 10: This was the last weekend that a neighbor of the Laundries, Karyn Aberts, says she saw Brian Laundrie at his home.

Honestly, I wonder how sure his neighbor can be on this in hindsight. At the time it wasn’t known that seeing him was noteworthy, it wasn’t until after he was gone that anyone started caring. So how can she be so sure she saw him that day vs any other day. If I go
ask my neighbors today if they put their yard debris cans out last week or this week, half would get it wrong.

September 1: He returned from the cross-country road trip, without Petito, to the home he shared with his parents in North Port, Florida, according to police.

September 6-8: The Laundrie family stayed at Fort De Soto Campground, about 75 miles from their home, county officials said. Brian's mother, Roberta Laundrie, was checked in at a waterfront site on these dates, according to a Pinellas County Parks campground check-in report provided to CNN. A Laundrie family attorney, Steven Bertolino, has said Brian and his family were at the campground

September 6-7, and that they left the campground together.

The weekend of September 10: This was the last weekend that a neighbor of the Laundries, Karyn Aberts, says she saw Brian Laundrie at his home.

September 11: Gabby Petito's family reports her missing after not being able to get in touch with her. North Port authorities go to Laundrie's home that night and ask to speak with him and his family, but are "essentially handed the information for their attorney," city police spokesperson Josh Taylor has said.

A timeline of 22-year-old Gabby Petito's case

If this was the August 30 sighting, then it would have been hard to have the van in Florida on Sept 1 around 10.30 am. It depends when that sighting was and if he slept at all on the way to Florida.

Also, West Yellowstone is pretty much out of the way from the other sightings and not on the way to Florida. BL would have needed to backtrack through the park to go to Florida. It is still possible, but I am also questioning that sighting or the day at least. If BL drove the van home.

it was the day before the argument at the restaurant. not on the way to florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah